Biggest new-content character curves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Top characters who people thought were "all that" but turned out not being "all that."

ex. Public view of vanilla Hero of Tython to public view of Hero of Tython as of SoR.

NewGuy01
Revan. :umad:

DarthAnt66
Nah, I was thinking Revan too when making the thread. Kyp Durron's another golden example.

FreshestSlice
Any TOR protag
Kyle Katarn
Jaden Korr
Maul http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

AncientPower
Honestly nothing in SWTOR media has gotten even close to the Darth Revan we were originally set up to uncover.

Fated Xtasy
Meetra ****ing Surik tbcfh

AncientPower
I'm not sure she counts, Bioware cannibalized The Sith Lords in its entirety.

FreshestSlice
For good reason.

Petrus
Nah. KotOR II had great potential. Obsidian screwed up. SWTOR could've fixed it, but because they're not Obsidian, so they opted not to because fvck it it's not BioWare. Meetra is imho a great and interesting character.

Anyways, as for the thread:

I don't think TOR Protags should be taken into account just yet. We have to wait and see what happens in SWTOR to determine if they turn out not being "all that".

I also don't consider Revan for this. He's up there as one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith; he's quite "all that".

Meetra is one of those I'd consider for this. Also, Anakin.

Maybe Galen Marek?

FreshestSlice
KotOR II was Avellone's 40+ hour **** you to Star Wars+Revan wank, and it would have just ended with 40+ more hours of Revan wank. No thanks. And I think it's legit retarded that Anakin or Marek are even up for consideration. They're as OP as advertised.

Petrus
The story was interesting, the plot was interesting. It was just filled with loopholes, stupid contradictions and it was incomplete.

Why? I honestly thought Marek would be this uber powerful character who'd annihilate Vader and goes up against Palpatine in a close one, but in the end he's not on Vader's level and he almost got killed by Shaak Ti.

Beniboybling
KOTOR II > KOTOR I tbh, better story, characters etc.; the gameplay was also more varied, as opposed to going to planet B to get Star Map 2 on repeat; and I wouldn't say its riddled with plot holes, it's just deliberately cryptic, while most of the cut content has been restored.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
KOTOR II > KOTOR I tbh, better story, characters etc.;

Yeah no.

Petrus
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Yeah no.

No yeah.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Petrus
Obsidian screwed up.

Haha no.

Selenial
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Yeah no. Originally posted by Petrus
No yeah.

Petrus
Originally posted by Nephthys
Haha no.

They screwed up in the sense that the story felt incomplete and there were some questions they left unanswered.

Beniboybling
You're assuming that's accidental though, whereas what the actually did was deliberately subvert conventional storytelling devices, which naturally some people find off-putting.

Selenial
Also because they were forced to finish before schedule to get a Christmas release out, by Lucasarts mmm

Petrus
Originally posted by Selenial
Also because they were forced to finish before schedule to get a Christmas release out, by Lucasarts mmm

thumb up I think this is the real reason, tbch.

Beniboybling
Nothing much that was cut was really critical tbh, and people still complain about "plot holes" even those its been restored, so not really.

FreshestSlice
The story was interesting, the plot was interesting. It was just filled with loopholes, stupid contradictions and it was incomplete.

Which is bad and detracts from the quality of the product, no matter how great your intentions are. Not to mention all the retarded concepts it introduced to Star Wars.

What on God's green Earth would make you believe Marek is an unstoppable giant compared to characters that live after he disappears from the mythos? He's obviously not going to turn Vader to paste.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nothing much that was cut was really critical tbh, and people still complain about "plot holes" even those its been restored, so not really.

I mean, I'd say the fact Traya was originally supposed to live is quite critical mmm

Beniboybling
Is this about Atris become Traya? Or...

Petrus
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Which is bad and detracts from the quality of the product, no matter how great your intentions are. Not to mention all the retarded concepts it introduced to Star Wars.

What on God's green Earth would make you believe Marek is an unstoppable giant compared to characters that live after he disappears from the mythos? He's obviously not going to turn Vader to paste.

Yeah, but the plot, the story, the idea, the characters, the setting, etc. All those things were interesting. I agree that its significant flaws detract from it, but it is, in essence, something good which portrays good ideas and interesting concepts that could've been much, much better developed. That doesn't mean it is bad, just that it's lacking.

Well, considering the game creators were exaggerating Force feats and their intention was to make an uber powerful Force-user, he didn't live up to his hype imho. He should be more powerful than he is.

Nephthys
They screwed up in the sense that the story felt incomplete and there were some questions they left unanswered.

Because they were forced to make the game in a small period of time and ship it without it being finished. And even when they went the extra mile to restore content they were told not to implement it.

Also it was very deliberately trying to set up for Kotor 3. Its not their fault it was never made.

Dark-Kenshin
Obsidian did what it could in the 1 year of development time it had for Kotor 2. Without the cut content in place, it's a pretty mediocre game to be honest. I replayed KOTOR 1 at least six times. Only played through KOTOR 2 once.

Petrus
Originally posted by Nephthys
Because they were forced to make the game in a small period of time and ship it without it being finished. And even when they went the extra mile to restore content they were told not to implement it.

Also it was very deliberately trying to set up for Kotor 3. Its not their fault it was never made.

True, I guess it wasn't so much as a an Obsidian screw up but more of a development time period problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.