Rank them in intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
The Watcher
Ganthet
Galactus
Thanos
Darkseid

Blue Area Vet
Can't, they are all beyond our collective intelligence. Having said that, I'm surprised you didn't throw in h1a8.

Cogito
Originally posted by riv6672
The Watcher
Ganthet
Galactus
Thanos
Darkseid

1. Galactus: Has tech beyond pretty much everyone, although that's rarely mentioned. Cosmic awareness, converses with true abstracts and has an understanding of things on a truly universal scale.

2. Thanos/Darkseid: Both are master schemers. Darkseid doesn't personally invent/make use of tech like Thanos does because he doesn't need to, but he certainly has a high understanding of New God tech, which is up there with the best in the business. I'm sure he could do more if he needed/wanted to, but he's got pawns for that crap.

3. Ganthet: Has been said (hyperbolically) to have a consciousness that spans the cosmos and he/the Guardians have (hyperbolically) been described as all knowing. They've created shit like the Manhunters, GL Rings, Central Battery, etc. Captured/imprisoned the emotional entities. Overall, Ganthet (and the other Guardians as a whole) are often unprepared, cocky, and dumb as f'ing bricks sometimes.

No idea where to rank a Watcher. In theory, probably right around Big G.

riv6672
Yeah BaV, i can kind of see that as after a certain point, who the hell's to say?
Thanks, Cogito, for providing food for thought. thumb up

Horrificus
The Watcher.
Watchers were supposedly the oldest species in the universe.
Even though there are other characters that are older than the Watcher, he has used all of that time and energy doing nothing but observing, learning and sharing information with other watchers.

I dont think the same can b said for the others.

Cogito
Originally posted by Horrificus
The Watcher.
Watchers were supposedly the oldest species in the universe.
Even though there are other characters that are older than the Watcher, he has used all of that time and energy doing nothing but observing, learning and sharing information with other watchers.

I dont think the same can b said for the others.

Well, Big G predates the universe...

Horrificus
Originally posted by Cogito
Right. But i was also looking at how the older characters spent all that time.
Watcher was the only one that seems to have done nothing but learn for billions and billions of years.

You might even say that Uatu is the oldest living nerd.

He probably went billions of years before getting laid.

Probably had a "mullet" or "bowl" haircut for a billion or 2 years.

riv6672
The Elders knowledge seems pretty hobby specific, but they're likely older than Watchers.

Cogito
Right. But i was also looking at how the older characters spent all that time.
Watcher was the only one that seems to have done nothing but learn for billions and billions of years.

You might even say that Uatu is the oldest living nerd.

He probably went billions of years before getting laid.

Probably had a "mullet" or "bowl" haircut for a billion or 2 years.

Again, Galan of Taa was a nerd before the current universe thumb up

Horrificus
Again, Galan of Taa was a nerd before the current universe thumb up yeah, i thought about that too.
But in the previous universe, he was a mortal being. With a "normal" lifespan.
At the birth of this universe, he emerged as Galactus, but without any desire to learn.
So I figured his previous life may have been filled with the use of his intelligence, but then, not so much.

Like i said, im just looking at it as who has devoted the most time to gathering information and expanding thier knowledge.

It just seemed that Watcher had devoted the most time to it.
Just my opinion.

Blue Area Vet
Again, Galan of Taa was a nerd before the current universe thumb up

That doesn't make him any smarter. He wasn't even Galactus then.

Flyattractor

True, but he didn't really pop out of his incubator and become the Big G for quite a while. The Watchers had already evolved and were already Watching by the time Big G hatched out. If I recall right. Uatu was the one WATCHING that happen.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Flyattractor
True, but he didn't really pop out of his incubator and become the Big G for quite a while. The Watchers had already evolved and were already Watching by the time Big G hatched out. If I recall right. Uatu was the one WATCHING that happen. it would have been cool to Watch the Watcher as he Watched Galactus emerge.

riv6672
Thats what makes comics fun.

Horrificus
it would have been cool to Watch the Watcher as he Watched Galactus emerge. unless, I was being watched, while I watched the watcher as he watched Galactus emerge.
I would watch out for that.

riv6672
I see what you did there.

Because i'm watching you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.