Full powered Shuma-Gorath vs. The Galacutus Machine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Go

deathslash
Unless I'm missing something, shuma should take this in a curbstomp. It took a crap ton of celestials to hold back shuma's far weaker brethren and then the galactus engine came out and started beating them all into the ground. IIRC, it was shuma that killed that version of galactus and remade him as the engine.

ShadowFyre
I dont know about curbstomp. They both have some peetty twrrible showings for their powerset

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
Unless I'm missing something, shuma should take this in a curbstomp. It took a crap ton of celestials to hold back shuma's far weaker brethren and then the galactus engine came out and started beating them all into the ground. IIRC, it was shuma that killed that version of galactus and remade him as the engine.

This. Shuma should beat any version of Galactus

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This. Shuma should beat any version of Galactus

It's not a version of Galactus. I should have specified the one from the Cancerverse.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57845/1459385-the_engine.jpg

Cogito
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
It's not a version of Galactus. I should have specified the one from the Cancerverse.

It's the Galactus of the Cancerverse weaponized. So, definitely a version of Galactus, albeit not the 616 Galactus.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Cogito
It's the Galactus of the Cancerverse weaponized. So, definitely a version of Galactus, albeit not the 616 Galactus.

It's not of a close enough relation that someone could justifiably make the blanket statement that Shuma should be "any version" of Galactus. This abomination dwarfs the 616 Galactus in power.

Blue Area Vet
delete

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito

Lol I said exact what u just said

Blue Area Vet
Lol I said exact what u just said

You said it, you didn't explain the statement. The Cancerverse Galactus Engine is magnitudes more powerful than 616 Galactus.

zopzop
The Cancerverse Galactus Engine is magnitudes more powerful than 616 Galactus.
Yup. That thing took on T&A, multiple Celestials, and Galactus himself and they were no match for it (till Death stepped in).

The Engine was nothing but a servant to the Old Ones. If Gorath really is an Elite among his kind (suggested in the story when Mar-vell invoked his name in the Death banishing spell), he should handily beat Galactus.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. That thing took on T&A, multiple Celestials, and Galactus himself and they were no match for it (till Death stepped in).

The Engine was nothing but a servant to the Old Ones. If Gorath really is an Elite among his kind (suggested in the story when Mar-vell invoked his name in the Death banishing spell), he should handily beat Galactus.

Thank you. Sins statement is like saying Strange should beat any version of Doom, even God Doom.

Horrificus
"True" Shuma should win.

Sin I AM
My statement is nothing like that statement dont go full retard. I said shuma can beat any version of galactus. The engine is a version of Galactus.

StiltmanFTW
GalaCUTUS laughing

Blue Area Vet
My statement is nothing like that statement dont go full retard. I said shuma can beat any version of galactus. The engine is a version of Galactus.

And I'm saying it was retarded for you to make that all encompassing, unnecessary statement. The question wasn't about any version of Galactus, it was about the Cancerverse Galactus Engine.

Galan007
Yup. That thing took on T&A, multiple Celestials, and Galactus himself and they were no match for it (till Death stepped in). Tbf, it certainly seemed to be implied in the final issue that 616 Galactus was holding off the GE by himself:
http://i.imgur.com/OZfkkIE.jpg
"If the Devourer of Worlds cannot vanquish the obscene Galactus Engine, we will quickly follow my master to his doom It is a logical assessment of our situation."

Genii96
616 galactus indeed held off the GE himself after the others fled,but was losing.

Galan007
Agreed. Just posting that because someone mentioned that the GE was "magnitudeS" greater than 616 Galactus. That doesn't seem to be the case if the scan I posted is to be believed.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Agreed. Just posting that because someone mentioned that the GE was "magnitudeS" greater than 616 Galactus. That doesn't seem to be the case if the scan I posted is to be believed.
But it is.

Its not like Galactus faced off against the Engine by himself. The Engine had to muscle through a host of Celestials, T&A, and Galactus. The others either fled or died and only Galactus was left fighting a losing battle.

If it was Galactus vs the Engine from the get go, Galactus would have been beaten into paste.

Galan007
But it is.

Its not like Galactus faced off against the Engine by himself. The Engine had to muscle through a host of Celestials, T&A, and Galactus. The others either fled or died and only Galactus was left fighting a losing battle.

If it was Galactus vs the Engine from the get go, Galactus would have been beaten into paste. You misunderstand.

I agree that the GE was more powerful overall. However, if it was 'magnitudeS' more powerful than 616 Galactus, there would be no fight--it would destroy him effortlessly. He wouldn't be able to hold it off for any length of time.

zopzop
You misunderstand.

I agree that the GE was more powerful overall. However, if it was 'magnitudeS' more powerful than 616 Galactus, there would be no fight--it would destroy him effortlessly. He wouldn't be able to hold it off for any length of time.
I get what you are saying Galan. But what I'm saying is, it's not like Galactus took on a fresh Galactus Engine as it just entered 616 reality by himself.

He took on a battered Galactus Engine that had just got through fighting T&A, Galactus, and like 9-10 Celestials (that we can count on panel).

The most powerful version of Galactus on panel (prior to LifeGiver) had problems taking on 4 Celestials.

Blue Area Vet

Galactus wasn't doing shit but somewhat occupying it. He was buying others time, that's all.

Galan007
I get what you are saying Galan. But what I'm saying is, it's not like Galactus took on a fresh Galactus Engine as it just entered 616 reality by himself. Even though it was never alluded to on-panel that the GE's power had decreased at all, IF we assume it had, we must do the same for 616 Galactus' power. IOW, the difference between them would've still been proportional.

Blue Area Vet
Even though it was never alluded to on-panel that the GE's power had decreased at all, IF we assume it had, we must do the same for 616 Galactus' power. IOW, the difference between them would've still been proportional.

What??? No it wouldn't. GE wasn't focusing all of its power on Galactus, Galactus was focusing all of his power on the GE, as was all the other god like entities. It was inversely proportional.

Galan007
Again, that's IF we even assume the GE's power had decreased by a significant margin. Personally, I don't think it had, otherwise we would have undoubtedly been informed of such on-panel.

Glorificus
I thought Shuma and the other Many-Angled Ones were the ones who created the Galactus Engine?

Why wouldn't Shuma stomp?

Galan007
The MAOs were undoubtedly more powerful than the Galactus Engine--that much was explicitly stated:
http://i.imgur.com/w7U1JPD.jpg
"We are beginning to detect other entities behind the Galactus Engine. Larger, more powerful entities. Things that are preparing to follow the assault vanguard through the fault."

Shuma should definitely take this.

CortSether
That pic of the Galactus Engine gets me hard every time.

Sin I AM
And I'm saying it was retarded for you to make that all encompassing, unnecessary statement. The question wasn't about any version of Galactus, it was about the Cancerverse Galactus Engine.

Lol. The Galactus engine is a dead alt reality Galactus...therefore he's a version of Galactus. Shuma (imho) can beat ANY version of Galactus. Not sure if you're this dumb irl or if its just part of your epersona.

Blue Area Vet
Lol. The Galactus engine is a dead alt reality Galactus...therefore he's a version of Galactus. Shuma (imho) can beat ANY version of Galactus. Not sure if you're this dumb irl or if its just part of your epersona.

Dafuc is an epersona and why are you still talking stupidly? Your reply was just dumb, or did you forget? If you want to know why, wipe your drool and just scroll back.

Insane Titan
I get what you are saying Galan. But what I'm saying is, it's not like Galactus took on a fresh Galactus Engine as it just entered 616 reality by himself.

He took on a battered Galactus Engine that had just got through fighting T&A, Galactus, and like 9-10 Celestials (that we can count on panel).

The most powerful version of Galactus on panel (prior to LifeGiver) had problems taking on 4 Celestials. you'd put them versions of Galactus above BCA Galactus?

Galan007
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you'd put them versions of Galactus above BCA Galactus? BCA Galactus is the most powerful version to date, imo. Aside from devouring Tiamut like he was less than nothing, he also would have absorbed the Omniverse in its entirety had he not purposefully nullified himself.

He would absorb the GE like a piece of candy. Hell, I would probably put him above Lifebringer as well. /shrug

Insane Titan
BCA Galactus is the most powerful version to date, imo. Aside from devouring Tiamut like he was less than nothing, he also would have absorbed the Omniverse in its entirety had he not purposefully nullified himself.

He would absorb the GE like a piece of candy. Hell, I would probably put him above Lifebringer as well. /shrug 100% agree, his power lvl
Would have been with the likes pre retcon MM and Beyonder if he'd carried on feeding.

zopzop
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you'd put them versions of Galactus above BCA Galactus?
Yes.

Don't forget BCA Galactus had lots of stipulations to his "power" level. A) He was altered by Tiamut's power (while Tiamut was imprisoned by the way). B) Reed and crew could have ended his threat with the Shi'ar nukes till Tiamut sabotaged their efforts. C) He only devoured Tiamut because Tiamut was cut off from his power source. In that arc, like in mainstream MU, he was depowered and imprisoned by the other Celestials. The only reason he was up and about was because his Deviant servants set up machines to power him so he could get up from his coma. Reed found out about this and cut off his power source and he was running on fumes till they tricked him into getting eaten by Galactus.

Mr Master

BCA Galactus is the most powerful version to date, imo. Aside from devouring Tiamut like he was less than nothing, he also would have absorbed the Omniverse in its entirety had he not purposefully nullified himself.

He would absorb the GE like a piece of candy. Hell, I would probably put him above Lifebringer as well. /shrug
thumb up

Sin I AM
Dafuc is an epersona and why are you still talking stupidly? Your reply was just dumb, or did you forget? If you want to know why, wipe your drool and just scroll back.
Yea you're an idiot. Moving on

Was BCA more powerful than LPS? Iirc they should be peers

Mr Master

A) He was altered by Tiamut's power (while Tiamut was imprisoned by the way).
That "alteration" ... was making Galactus's hunger insatiable.

But this had nothing to do with Galactus' personal ability to absorb.

Normal Galactus chooses not to absob more cause it's not in his need or interest.

B) Reed and crew could have ended his threat with the Shi'ar nukes till Tiamut sabotaged their efforts.
I don't recall this.

And if you post a scan, I'll have to read the arc again cause this makes no sense.

I'm sure there's a circumstantial stipulation if this were true.

C) He only devoured Tiamut because Tiamut was cut off from his power source. In that arc, like in mainstream MU, he was depowered and imprisoned by the other Celestials. The only reason he was up and about was because his Deviant servants set up machines to power him so he could get up from his coma. Reed found out about this and cut off his power source and he was running on fumes till they tricked him into getting eaten by Galactus.
I believe I remember something like this, but I have to re-chack to confirm its validity.

Regardless though, imo, eating all of space-time is a far greater feat.

BCA was on his way to eat the Omniverse had he not stopped himself in that moment of clarity.

I would say "hyperbole" .. but this potentiality was confirmed across 3 separate arcs/titles. (FF/Avengers/GOTG)

That, and the fact that he was artistically depicted eating space-time with no end alluded.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
That "alteration" ... was making Galactus's hunger insatiable.

But this had nothing to do with Galactus' personal ability to absorb.

Normal Galactus chooses not to absob more cause it's not in his need or interest.
But still he was altered Mr M :
http://s33.postimg.org/vlmihh32z/dreamed_altered.jpg

I realize Galactus was dying on Earth while this happened but Tiamut was depowered and imprisoned. Tiamut 'dreamed him whole but altered". A monstrous feat for a depowered being.

http://s33.postimg.org/xrleppvx7/shi_ar_tech.jpg http://s33.postimg.org/d0yaaehnf/saved_by_tiamut.jpg
They could have stopped him and probably even killed him outright if Tiamut didn't step in to save the day.

It's true. He needed his machines to accomplish what he was doing. The plan all along was destroy the machine, stop Galactus :
http://s33.postimg.org/cukl7b8ij/needed_machine.jpg
The plan would have worked, that's why Tiamut was awakened by his machine :
http://s33.postimg.org/5fv9exmmz/stopping_galactus.jpg

And Tiamut was depowered and running out of power when he was sucked into Galactus' black hole. The crypt engines allowed him to be up and about :
http://s33.postimg.org/9212rkt0b/crypt_power.jpg
Once Gladiator used Shi'ar tech to destroy the crypt, he was running on fumes :
http://s33.postimg.org/vs07kkc7v/no_power_left.jpg

BCA Galactus is horribly overrated. Hell it took him something like 20 years to get where he was power wise when the FF first encountered him.

Mr Master
^^ Those scannned links don't work, so I can't read any of it.
The links send you to a page with other unrelated thumblinks concerning celebs/whatnot.

I will re-read the arc though and return. You know I will.

"Highly overrated" though? Damn ... I'd call that an overstatement.

One_Angry_Scot
The links send you to a page with other unrelated thumblinks concerning celebs/whatnot.

"Highly overrated" though? Damn ... I'd call that an overstatement.

Here you go; did the links for you.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847003_1._dreamed_altered.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847004_2._saved_by_tiamut.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847005_3._shi_ar_tech.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847006_4._needed_machine.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847007_5._stopping_galactus.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847008_6._crypt_power.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/27847009_7._no_power_left.jpg

zopzop

The links work for me. That's odd.

Oh but it's true MR. M.

Let's compare BCA Galactus to other characters that had a similar method of destruction for the universe.

1) Anomaly Maelstrom : His super massive black hole would have destroyed the universe in 24-48 hours till Quasar backed by the power of Infinity stopped him via trickery. Galactus, the Prime Celestial Host, an army of Watchers and members of various galactic level empires just stood by and watched because they were powerless to stop it.

2) Nekron empowered Krona : He was causing the universe to collapse into a singularity and despite the effort of the Guardians of the Universe (they weren't a joke at that time and were actively fighting against the universal crunch) he would have succeeded in a few hours if the dead GLs didn't cause a rebellion in his realm that he had to deal with (which then caused the Guardians of the Universe to seal the entrance to his realm).

Now compare to BCA Galactus. Tiamut healed him and altered his hunger so it was exponential. Despite this, DECADES passed (you can date this because the leader of the Shia'r empire in that timeline is Xavier and Lilandra's son) and he still hadn't destroyed the universe. He even created a machine to help him devour all this energy. During all this, NOT ONE cosmic entity deemed it worth their time to check out what was going on in that sector of space he was devouring. Even worse, the closest galactic level empire, the Shi'ar didn't even realize he was in the vicinity till Reed pointed it out to them!

confused

EDIT : can someone test the links I posted in my previous post? I'm not sure why they aren't working for Mr. M.

DarkOdin
I think alot of people are forgetting the reason the engine did so well was because it couldn't die. since death was no longer apart of its universe,

Galan007
http://s33.postimg.org/xrleppvx7/shi_ar_tech.jpg http://s33.postimg.org/d0yaaehnf/saved_by_tiamut.jpg
They could have stopped him and probably even killed him outright if Tiamut didn't step in to save the day. The scan clearly states that because the bombs were capable of releasing the total binding energy of atoms, they "MAY" be able to hurt Galactus... That's literally all we were told.

Not sure where you're getting this "probably could have killed" him stuff from..? srsly

zopzop
The scan clearly states that because the bombs were capable of releasing the total binding energy of atoms, they "MAY" be able to hurt Galactus... That's literally all we were told.

Not sure where you're getting this "probably could have killed" him stuff from..? srsly
It was also hinted at in the other scan I posted (and Scott reposted for Master):
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/27847007/5._stopping_galactus.jpg.html
, Titamut's machine states :
"Code Red Alert! Disruption of Galactus' future imminent! Recommendation : Direct Intervention!"

Galan007
^ That's ambiguous, though.

It could simply mean that those uber-as-f*ck bombs could have potentially destroyed the machine that was making Galactus' hunger insatiable, thus preventing him from fulfilling Tiamut's plan of devouring existence, thus 'disrupting' the future. /shrug

But given that Galactus easily absorbed the energy of that same weaponry after it was detonated, it's hard for me to believe they would have killed him outright.

zopzop

But given that Galactus easily absorbed the energy of those bombs after they were detonated, it's really hard for me to believe they would have killed him outright.
You realize that those bombs were detonated by Tiamut in such a way that they wouldn't harm Galactus or the Machine feeding him right?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/27847004/2._saved_by_tiamut.jpg.html

"The Celestial wiped out the entire Shi'ar arsenal and the sum of it's energy is being consumed by Galactus!" wink

EDIT :
I forgot to respond to this :

The machine had nothing to do with his hunger. That was altered by Tiamut. The machine was helping him devour the universe. No machine, no threat.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/27847006/4._needed_machine.jpg.html
"He's constructed a machine to help him devour the universe!"

Galan007
I realize they were detonated prior to hitting Galactus, yes. However, he still easily absorbed the sum total of their energies(as the scan states.)

Again, that's why it's hard to imagine those same energies killing Galactus outright.

The machine had nothing to do with his hunger. That was altered by Tiamut. The machine was helping him devour the universe. No machine, no threat.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/27847006/4._needed_machine.jpg.html
"He's constructed a machine to help him devour the universe!" And this changes the point of my post, how?

...or is this one of those things where you're arguing just to argue..?

zopzop
I realize they were detonated prior to hitting Galactus, yes. However, he still easily absorbed the sum total of their energies(as the scan states.)

Again, that's why it's hard to imagine those same energies killing Galactus outright.
Again we're speaking past each other. Iron Man straight up said those nukes could destroy Galactus' machine and maybe harm him. Tiamut's computer that was responsible for making sure everything was going to plan had a panic attack when it saw what Reed and crew were doing and issued that "Code RED! A disruption in Galactus' future is imminent" and woke up Tiamut. Tiamut wasn't supposed to wake from his slumber till AFTER Galactus devoured the universe. The computer even said Tiamut would be pissed.

Recap : those nukes would have ended the threat one way or another. Period. Hence Tiamut's direct intervention.

Galan007
You're moving goalposts.

I agree the bombs may have been able to destroy the machine, which would have halted Galactus' absorption-frenzy, which would have cockblocked Tiamut's machinations... I already said as much a few posts ago, lol.

But earlier you said the bombs would have "probably killed" Galactus himself. Given Tony's assertion that the bombs "may" have only be able to "hurt" Galactus, coupled with the fact that he absorbed the sum total of their energies after they had detonated, and I really don't think that would've been the case at all... Which is my only point. smile

zopzop

But earlier you said that the bombs would have "probably killed" Galactus. Given that he absorbed the sum total of their energies after they had detonated, I really don't think that would've been the case at all... Which is my only point. smile
Yes because Tiamut's intervention caused the energies to be FED to him via the black hole. They didn't blow up in his face.

On panel, Iron Man said they 'may' hurt Galactus. On panel, Tiamut's computer was in a panic and said a "disruption in Galactus' future was imminent". What else could that mean? If it was merely the machine being destroyed, why couldn't Galactus remake it? Something more would have happened to Galactus, something that he couldn't recover from and it would have ended Tiamut's plans.

Galan007
On panel, Tiamut's computer was in a panic and said a "disruption in Galactus' future was imminent". What else could that mean? Originally posted by Galan007
^ That's ambiguous, though.

It could simply mean that those uber-as-f*ck bombs could have potentially destroyed the machine that was making Galactus' hunger insatiable, thus preventing him from fulfilling Tiamut's plan of devouring existence, thus 'disrupting' the future. /shrug

If it was merely the machine being destroyed, why couldn't Galactus remake it? Eh, why would Galactus remake the machine? It's not like he wanted to be an existence-devouring puppet, lol.

Galan007
Yes because Tiamut's intervention caused the energies to be FED to him via the black hole. They didn't blow up in his face. And this changes what, exactly? If anything, you'd think him consuming said energies would have a far more pronounced effect then merely striking him externally.

What's more deadly: injecting poison straight into your veins, or sprinkling poison on the outside of your arm?

zopzop
Eh, why would Galactus remake the machine? It's not like he wanted to be an existence-devouring puppet, lol.
Because he NEEDED to feed. He couldn't control his hunger. That was the WHOLE point of the story!

BCA Galactus was nothing without his machine. That's my other issue. Without the Machine there would be NO threat to the universe/multiverse/omniverse.

Even more laughable, the machine was the size of a galaxy.
http://s33.postimg.org/m9jxvgkkb/galaxy_size.jpg
Yet the actual black hole was only the size of a star!
http://s33.postimg.org/iqkz2d0rf/star_sized_hole.jpg
How long did it take him to get to that level of power? TWENTY YEARS since his healing and alteration by Tiamut!
http://s33.postimg.org/z7c9ofkez/twenty_years.jpg

Twenty phucking years and the universe was still standing and the nearest galactic level empire completely unaware of Galactus' presence or his machine! laughing

Galan007
Because he NEEDED to feed. He couldn't control his hunger. That was the WHOLE point of the story! Um, as made clear at the end of the story when Galactus...you know...nullified himself, he would rather DIE than continue absorbing shit endlessly. So if the machine were destroyed, he obviously wouldn't recreate it, lol.

Anywho, despite your numerous attempts to move goalposts, the fact still remains that the bombs logically would not have killed Galactus like you originally claimed. That is all. smile

zopzop
Um, as made clear at the end of the story when Galactus...you know...nullified himself, he would rather DIE than continue absorbing shit endlessly. So if the machine were destroyed, he obviously wouldn't recreate it, lol.
Wrong. He only sought to kill himself when the FF temporarily granted him sanity by feeding him extra energy :
http://s33.postimg.org/bcvnvbi1n/sanity_feed_1.jpg http://s33.postimg.org/be5loqjvf/sanity_feed_2.jpg
In his crazed state all he could think of was consuming. Without the machine (which was chewing up the universe and feeding it to him piece by piece) he'd be phucked.

I'll stick to what was said and suggested on panel.

DarkSaint85
Zop, you didn't even thank OAS for his scans, you ungrateful wretch.

Reported.

Galan007
Wrong. He only sought to kill himself when the FF temporarily granted him sanity by feeding him extra energy :
http://s33.postimg.org/bcvnvbi1n/sanity_feed_1.jpg http://s33.postimg.org/be5loqjvf/sanity_feed_2.jpg
In his crazed state all he could think of was consuming. Without the machine (which was chewing up the universe and feeding it to him piece by piece) he'd be phucked. What on earth makes you think he could rebuild a piece of very complex tech in his 'crazed state', lol?

I'll stick to what was said and suggested on panel. Cool.

Because on panel it was stated that the uber-bombs "MAY" only be able to "HURT" Galactus. It was NEVER stated they would kill him outright, like you originally said. Moreover, Galactus absorbed the SUM TOTAL of the bombs' energies when they were detonated, and certainly showed no ill-effect afterward. IOW, all signs point to Galactus being unaffected by the bombs, even IF they would have made external contact... The machine may have been another story, but I never suggested otherwise. smile

*I was going to respond to the rest of your posts now that I'm back home, but frankly, the bulk of it is just you trying to lowball and switch goalposts. So...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ef/1e/29/ef1e29088983d6c68d96b1adea25cabd.jpg

thumb up

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Zop, you didn't even thank OAS for his scans, you ungrateful wretch.

Reported. Well duh! Scot's an arsehole... Everyone hates him.

j/k Scot. U awesome. stick out tongue

zopzop
Cool.

Because on panel it was stated that the uber-bombs "MAY" only be able to "HURT" Galactus. It was NEVER stated they would kill him outright, like you originally said. Moreover, Galactus absorbed the sum total of the bombs' energies when they were detonated. IOW, all signs point to Galactus himself being relatively unaffected by the bombs... The machine might be another story, but I never suggested otherwise. smile

*I was going to respond to the rest of your post, but frankly, it's just you trying to lowball and switch goalposts again.

I realize you're getting bored with this discussion but one last post and I'm done too.

The nukes WERE a threat to Galactus. As we saw, Tiamut's computer went into panic mode as soon as Reed's plan looked like it was gonna take off.

Think about it. Why would that be?

Which one of these scenarios makes sense in light of the panic from Tiamut's computer servant?

a) If the bombs went off and destroyed his machine but Galactus was unharmed, he could have just reconstructed the machine (he was the one that built). His hunger was uncontrollable and despite his rabid state he was capable of making the machine in the first place. So at worst, this would just have delayed Tiamut's plan (it already took Galactus 20 years to get where he was at in that story arc).

Would this constitute a panic on the servant machine's part?

And regarding him not wanting to devour everything : As we saw, the only thing that shocked him back to sanity was big bursts of power (they satiated his hunger momentarily). That's the reason he killed himself, he was sane at the time Reed handed the Nullifier over to him. If he was rabid, he would never have used the Nullifier and would be too busy focusing on his hunger.

OR

b) The bombs went off and destroyed the machines AND injured/killed Galactus. There goes Tiamut's plan. The machine would risk it's master's wrath by waking him early to intervene so he could save his plan for universal conquest.

Those bombs WERE a threat to him otherwise the machine wouldn't risk Tiamut's wrath by waking him early.

His hunger was insatiable since Tiamut healed and altered him yet he managed to build that galaxy sized machine. His sole focus was on feasting. He would have rebuilt it.

Galan007
You're right, I'm definitely getting bored talking in circles, so this will be my later post on the subject...

Those bombs WERE a threat to him otherwise the machine wouldn't risk Tiamut's wrath by waking him early. The bombs were a threat to Tiamut's plan, because they may have been able to destroy the machine. I agree with that much.

However, other than Tiamut's computer system ambiguously freaking out, there is literally NO hard evidence suggestive of the bombs being able to kill Galactus like you first claimed. To the contrary, the fact that he absorbed the SUM TOTAL of the the bombs' energies after they were detonated...without even a slight pause...tells me everything I need to know. Like I said above: consuming said energies would logically have a far more pronounced(and rapid) effect on Galactus then if they would have merely struck him externally.

What's more deadly: injecting poison straight into your veins, or sprinkling poison on the outside of your arm?

His hunger was insatiable since Tiamut healed and altered him yet he managed to build that galaxy sized machine. His sole focus was on feasting. He would have rebuilt it. Maybe in the early stages of his unstable hunger. However, he seemed to lose touch with his 'sanity' the more he absorbed. So no, I really don't see end of saga Galactus cognizantly being able to rebuild the tech, but that's neither here nor there.

All of this BS aside, BCA Galactus, as a whole, was one of(if not THE) the most powerful versions of the character to date, imo--and he certainly had the greatest stated potential(Omniversal.) The fact that the only feasible way of stopping him by the end of the arc was for him to nullify himself(and that entire universe) speaks volumes, imo.

But again: not interested in discussing this side of things further. You have your opinions and I have mine. We can just leave it at that. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.