Luther Strode vs Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sharivan
A series of events forces these two into the heat of battle. They are bloodlusted, and willing to do anything in order to win.

Note: If Gorgon is not a suitable challenge exchange him for Shang Chi instead. If Shang Chi isn't the two team up against Luther Strode.

Anyway, match set and ready.

Khazra Reborn
If Gorgon is willing to do anything, he'll just use his stone gaze.

Sharivan
Aye, but Luther Strode needs to actually be looking at him in order for it work. Elektra could avoid it by simply not looking into his eyes.

Forgot to mention but they got basic knowledge on each other.

Helps that Luther Strode has enhanced senses so fighting blind wouldn't be too hard for him. He was able to detect the survivors in Abberline Mall by the sound of their heartbeats, and track down Jack the Ripper by smell.

Galan007
Sans stone gaze, Strode would take the majority, imo.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Galan007
Sans stone gaze, Strode would take the majority, imo.

You think so, gorgon outside of his stone stare he is one of the best MA in marvel, I say stalemate

Zack M
Strode.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Sharivan
Aye, but Luther Strode needs to actually be looking at him in order for it work. Elektra could avoid it by simply not looking into his eyes.

Forgot to mention but they got basic knowledge on each other.

Helps that Luther Strode has enhanced senses so fighting blind wouldn't be too hard for him. He was able to detect the survivors in Abberline Mall by the sound of their heartbeats, and track down Jack the Ripper by smell.

I haven't read the newest volume of Luther Strode yet, but what I've seen so far, Gorgon and Luther are pretty comparable physically, and both are pre-cogs, Strode's feats are a little more bombastic but overall they seem basically the same.

IMO, Gorgon pulls a little bit a head of Luther, because he has more fighting skill. Luther usually deals with powerless humans, and leans on his stats more. Yeah, he's fought Jack the Ripper, and I'm assuming he had a bonkers fight with Cain, but I can't really comment on that.

But Gorgon has completely out fought Wolverine and Elektra, amped Shang Chi, and has gone toe to toe people like Stonewall, Phobos, the Leviathan,and the Secret Warriors, and stuff.

So yeah, I say slight edge to Gorgon.

Sharivan
Just prior to fighting Cain we see that Luther Strode was even able to defeat Miyamoto Musashi, and reverse his precognition. By the latter I mean that Luther can send false messages in order to screw up someone's precognition.

Basically, he can control what other people will see him do. Which would make any precognition Gorgon uses backfire horribly as he attempts to counter the wrong moves.

Luther Strode has a great healing factor on top of this, and he basically has senses like Daredevil.

In terms of skill in just ten years he could match up to Cain who has over twenty-thousand years of experience when it comes to fighting.

As well as expansive knowledge on anatomy thanks to his meat vision, and experience with a lot of nerve blocks. That he can both use and break out of.

As for physical ability even weaker practioners of the method (well, weaker than Luther at any rate) like Samson can butcher entire armies numbering in the thousands.

Luther is easily able to create large craters, and definitely hits as hard as explosives would. Huge walls get pulverized, and the ground gets warped to the point it ripples like waves.

He is able to change the trajectory of five of the Shooter's bullets at once, and considering that the Shooter could bend bullets on top of basically being Vash the Stampede that is doubly impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.