The Conjuring 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Out now. Just saw it and thought it was pretty good - better than the first, IMO. What did you guys think of it?

carthage
I loved the first film when it came out, and from the reviews/acclaim its on par if not superior to the first. I think the Conjuring franchise has the potential to be among the best in modern horror at imo. I'll be seeing this next Wednesday, looking forward to it!

Zack M
Loved it. Slightly better than the first one. James Wan does it again.

Arachnid1
I didn't like the first but enjoyed this one.

That painting scene was horror gold. Jesus.

I will say that I'm not a fan of happy endings in horror movies though. I didn't like that about the first either. Too feel goody for a horror movie.

Inedian
Even better than the first one.

Zack M
90 million opening. Awesome start. Projections show this can do 350, perhaps 400 million WW. Making it one of the most profitable films of 2016.

dynamix
^^ very impressive for a horror flick!!

Zack M
Originally posted by dynamix
^^ very impressive for a horror flick!!

This is even more impressive!

James Wan does it again.

ares834
Why do you even care that much?

Flyattractor
I get the feeling I should wait for home and skip the theater. I would probably laugh all the way thru it....especially when that dumb looking nun shows up...

riv6672
Never cared how much a movie grosses.
Thats no assurance of quality -cough Avatar was awful cough- to me.
Annabelle was incredibly boring to me for the most part, though i did like the Conjuring itself.
I'll skip C2 in the theater but catch it at home eventually.

quanchi112
Let down. Not as good as the first.

Zack M
Movie is making bank. Too bad Wan won't be back for the third.

BruceSkywalker
will see soon... part three is being greenlighted I do believe

AsbestosFlaygon
Overhyped pos. Don't care how a movie grosses, the point of a horror movie is to scare me. Didn't flinch one bit.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will see soon... part three is being greenlighted I do believe

I believe you might be thinking of another Spin-off movie

yes.......because the Annabelle movie did so well.

Zack M
Well, this was announced yesterday. thumb up

http://heroichollywood.com/conjuring-2-spinoff-works/

Kazenji
I'm guessing you absolutely loved the Annabelle movie.

carthage
I enjoyed the story and thought the chemistry between the family and Ed/Lorraine was well done. They genuinely seemed to fight to protect these people and only left when they thought it was faked, for me at this point its about a good story as opposed to being "frightened' by a movie. I liked how they tied in everything involving the Valak entity, and just thought the film had a lot of thought put into it. I enjoyed it as much as I did the first film

Zack M
TC2 will get over 200 OS. Huge number for a horror film.

Kazenji
Can't wait to get my 20 million from it.

Darth Thor
LOL

riv6672
Haha!

ares834
Saw this the other night. It was merely decent.

Zack M
Laugh all you want, but the GA ate this up. There will be a Conjuring 3. With or without Wan.

riv6672
Why wouldnt we laugh? It was funny.

Zack M
I said you can laugh all you want, I don't care. stick out tongue I'm glad that it's making money from a future movie standpoint.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
I said you can laugh all you want, I don't care. stick out tongue I'm glad that it's making money from a future movie standpoint.

You want this to be a franchise?

carthage
Why shouldn't it be? It's got great characters, and they've got a treasure trove of material with the Warren cases. Unlike some horror franchises where the writing gets progressively worse, I can see this being viable especially with the ratings and box office draw these two movies had.

Not sure about the spinoff though for Valak

Kazenji
Read about some old guy in India died watching this movie & the body went missing on its way to the post-mortem.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
& the body went missing on its way to the post-mortem.

Lol

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
You want this to be a franchise?

It's pretty much already there.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
If you didnt care you wouldnt have responded. stick out tongue

That said, at least you pointed out the only relevant reason to bring up ticket sales other than as an aside.
Some people seem to gauge actual movie quality by the money it takes in; nice to see you arent one of them.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
If you didnt care you wouldnt have responded. stick out tongue

That said, at least you pointed out the only relevant reason to bring up ticket sales other than as an aside.
Some people seem to gauge actual movie quality by the money it takes in; nice to see you arent one of them.

I love Wan's horror. It's refreshing, because I don't like a lot of modern horror movies and I'm generally a horror fan (Mainly 70's/80's).

carthage
I didn't just bring up ticket sales, this thing has an 8/10 on IMDB and is 77% on RT. Its clearly passing favorably with the audience in terms of reviews.

Zack M
100 M still in reach. Pretty good run for a 40 M movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.