Pong Krell: Combative Prowess Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
How skilled and powerful is General Krell compared to other combatants in his era? (Or if you want, other eras, too). Who's the most skilled / powerful opponent he can beat? Is his performance against the 501st overvalued or undervalued? Discuss below!

Darth Thor
It was really impressive given Dooku and Maul have been overpowered by Hondo's men.

I also think wielding 2 Saber Staffs simultaneously requires tremendous skill. And then there's his clear physical stats to boot.

I'd say he could take Savage Opress.

Beniboybling
I think wielding two saber staffs would give him immense surface area and therefore excellent blast deflection skills, but even then butchering the 501st (and he may well have slaughtered the lot if not for the tentacle monster) is very impressive.

As far as Force powers go he's knocking down over a dozen clones with a Force push, I'd say in that respect he's rivaling Savage Opress.

And yeah mastering one saberstaff on its own is said to be difficult and dangerous in itself, wielding two at once is therefore an extraordinary feat, and he does it with exceptional dexterity and skill. I agree he'd defeat, Savage (also Canon Grievous), and probably pressure the top tiers like Windu, Kenobi, Dooku, Maul etc.

ILS
b-but he has NEVER fought someone with a lightsaber

Beniboybling
Fodder-tier Jedi. smile

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I think wielding two saber staffs would give him immense surface area and therefore excellent blast deflection skills, but even then butchering the 501st (and he may well have slaughtered the lot if not for the tentacle monster) is very impressive.

As far as Force powers go he's knocking down over a dozen clones with a Force push, I'd say in that respect he's rivaling Savage Opress.

And yeah mastering one saberstaff on its own is said to be difficult and dangerous in itself, wielding two at once is therefore an extraordinary feat, and he does it with exceptional dexterity and skill. I agree he'd defeat, Savage (also Canon Grievous), and probably pressure the top tiers like Windu, Kenobi, Dooku, Maul etc.

thumb up

SunRazer
He's pretty damn good, but obviously below Dooku. Don't think he beats Savage for a majority, but it'd at least be a good fight.

Aurbere
I'd actually be interested in a discussion of Krell's tactical ability.

Regardless, Krell's generally underrated. His mastery of lightsaber combat is pretty awesome. As Beni said, use of the double-bladed lightsaber alone is difficult and dangerous. Adding a second one on top of that and dual-wielding them is even more impressive. In my opinion, it marks him as one of the foremost masters of the double-bladed lightsaber.

I'd say his feat against the 501st is undervalued and overvalued. As has been stated in other threads, fighting clones isn't exactly an impossible feat, so the feat isn't amazing at face value. What makes it impressive to me is the ease with which he slaughters them. He seems to rather casually rebuke their efforts, tosses them around with the Force, and even outright disarms himself and still beats them with his bare hands.

And I don't think he went into the forest because he might be on the losing end. Regardless of whether or not you believe that he used the forest because he couldn't win elsewhere, it's not really something that would heavily mark as unfavorable to him. His use of the forest and Dun Moch indicate a good grasp of Sokan and psychological warfare, respectively.

I think Krell's an efficient and intelligent combatant. He definitely could pressure the top tiers, and his fighting style has the inherent advantage of being rarely seen and unpredictable.

red8
DE Sidious level

cs_zoltan
He's overrated as ****. Wielding 2 saberstaff is hardly that impressive when the guy has 4 arms. Shaak Ti and Maul could wield a saberstaff and a regular blade at the same time and they only have 2 hands.

Mastering the use of 2 double-bladed saber shouldn't be any harder for someone with 4 hands than it is to master Jar'Kai for a 2 handed species.

Beniboybling
Yet if you look you'll notice he hardly uses his second set of arms in wielding them at all, and there's much more to its difficulty than that anyway.

Nice comparison with Maul & Shaak Ti tho. smile

Aurbere
Yet if you look you'll notice he hardly uses his second set of arms in wielding them at all.

Nice comparison with Maul & Shaak Ti tho. smile

thumb up

Kurk
Definitely an underrated character; and yes good point on the fact that Krell doesn't even use his other two arms with the saber staffs.

ILS
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
He's overrated as ****. Wielding 2 saberstaff is hardly that impressive when the guy has 4 arms. Shaak Ti and Maul could wield a saberstaff and a regular blade at the same time and they only have 2 hands.

Mastering the use of 2 double-bladed saber shouldn't be any harder for someone with 4 hands than it is to master Jar'Kai for a 2 handed species. The four hands give him more dexterity, but he doesn't compensate for the fact he's wielding two extra 1.5 meter blades. He's a big guy. That's a lot of surface area to account for, including the other saberstaff.

I seriously don't understand you people. The whole point of Pong Krell's character is that he's meant to be a big deal. How so many managed to miss that is... staggering. If they wanted him to come off as average, he'd have come off as fugging average.

Emperordmb
Oh he's clearly a big deal, and what he shown is indeed impressive, but I'm not about to put him on the level of Grievous for it.

carthage
I think he is fairly powerful I mean how many Jedi receive force visions of the impending doom of the order? His fighting skill will probably always remain indeterminable but from what we've seen wielding double saberstaffs, Id say he has a lot of skill. Too bad well never know

ILS
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Oh he's clearly a big deal, and what he shown is indeed impressive, but I'm not about to put him on the level of Grievous for it. In the context of TCW, what Krell does honestly makes the likes of Kenobi and Grievous seem a little.. underwhelming.

Beniboybling
Oh he's clearly a big deal, and what he shown is indeed impressive, but I'm not about to put him on the level of Grievous for it. I reckon he could take Bane. smile

Emperordmb
I reckon he could take Bane. smile
smile Yes Beni, continue to alienate the support of probably the third biggest Ahsoka supporter on KMC, smart decision indeed. thumb up

Selenial
Tbfh, I think you're all wrong. We can't actually judge Krell's ability as a combatant at all, based on his singular showing.

He's supposedly a great tactician, though as Rex and Fives discuss, he has by far the highest casualty numbers of the war. You can't judge his tactical ability off that, because it's likely just that he doesn't care anywhere near as much about Clone lives as most Jedi do. How do you reconcile that with the fact he was so easily baited into an area that got him captured, stunned, and eventually killed?

In the same way, his Clone feat is impressive, but what part of it isn't something pre-prime Savage could not replicate? The Savage that fleed Dooku's ship ended up with similar telekinetic feats, he just lacked the tactical mindset to leave himself surrounded far longer than Krell did, hence getting shot.

So what's to say that Krell's rage towards the clones didn't drive him to limits beyond what he's usually capable of? Even if this is his normal level of power, it doesn't automatically place him in the league of the person who choked out Ventress and Dooku simultaneously in rage, simply because they have a shared feat.

He's just nowhere near fleshed out enough to properly examine. None of you have any way of proving that Krell is capable of more, or less, than the singular feat he has, and that singular feat doesn't put him on the level of the top tiers...

Beniboybling
smile Yes Beni, continue to alienate the support of probably the third biggest Ahsoka supporter on KMC, smart decision indeed. thumb up rolling on floor laughing

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
Tbfh, I think you're all wrong. We can't actually judge Krell's ability as a combatant at all, based on his singular showing.

He's supposedly a great tactician, though as Rex and Fives discuss, he has by far the highest casualty numbers of the war. You can't judge his tactical ability off that, because it's likely just that he doesn't care anywhere near as much about Clone lives as most Jedi do. How do you reconcile that with the fact he was so easily baited into an area that got him captured, stunned, and eventually killed?

In the same way, his Clone feat is impressive, but what part of it isn't something pre-prime Savage could not replicate? The Savage that fleed Dooku's ship ended up with similar telekinetic feats, he just lacked the tactical mindset to leave himself surrounded far longer than Krell did, hence getting shot.

So what's to say that Krell's rage towards the clones didn't drive him to limits beyond what he's usually capable of? Even if this is his normal level of power, it doesn't automatically place him in the league of the person who choked out Ventress and Dooku simultaneously in rage, simply because they have a shared feat.

He's just nowhere near fleshed out enough to properly examine. None of you have any way of proving that Krell is capable of more, or less, than the singular feat he has, and that singular feat doesn't put him on the level of the top tiers... erm

Beniboybling
First of all a comparison with Rage!Savage who was driving back Anakin & Kenobi simultaneously is hardly unfavorable, and indeed that sequence too was designed to establish Savage as, as ILS puts it, a "big deal". Fact remains though that under similar circumstances to Krell the likes of Maul and Dooku have found themselves in trouble.

Secondly assuming this was a Rage-amped feat for Krell is rather baseless, that shit is clearly highlighted in TCW and aside from his usual disdain for clones and DS attitude in general there is nothing out of the ordinary in his behaviour here. It being entirely unprecedented for such a state to be induced so easily, certainly not to an extent that he couldn't replicate it in any other situation simply by calling on the dark side.

I'm not going to get into Krell's tactical ability because I agree, we can't glean to much on that front, but I will note he was smart enough to lure the Clones into a favourable environment and use that enviroment to his advantage. PIS aside he seems a pretty intelligent fighter.

Finally you're ignoring his mastery over an extremely unorthodox and tricky fighting style, which is the most compelling proof of his combat ability.

Fated Xtasy
smile Yes Beni, continue to alienate the support of probably the third biggest Ahsoka supporter on KMC, smart decision indeed. thumb up

How is he alienating me?

I reckon he could take Bane. smile

You're not alienating me, right?

rolling on floor laughing

DarthAnt66
Definitely inferior to S5 Opress. Probably even inferior to late S3 Opress.

Kurk
I remember how a year ago nearly many of you believed Savage Oppress to be an overrated, low-intelligence Brute. Glad to see the opinion has changed wink

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Kurk
I remember how a year ago nearly many of you believed Savage Oppress to be an overrated, low-intelligence Brute. Glad to see the opinion has changed wink

A year ago we didn't have the Fifth Brother...

Kurk
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
A year ago we didn't have the Fifth Brother...
True dat!

Anyway, can we dedicate the rest of this thread to praising the orgasmic sounds that Krell's sabers make?

|King Joker|
True dat!

Anyway, can we dedicate the rest of this thread to praising the orgasmic sounds that Krell's sabers make? Yeah, his sabers do sound ****ing awesome. thumb up

Lord Stark
Powerful enough for Dooku to seriously consider him as an apprentice.

ares834
I always wished they went with that. Sure, his death made sense in terms of the story they were telling. But this show needed another saber wielding baddy and Krell would have served the role admirably.

|King Joker|
Agreed. He was so badass and I thought he was sort of wasted.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
I always wished they went with that. Sure, his death made sense in terms of the story they were telling. But this show needed another saber wielding baddy and Krell would have served the role admirably.

As did I, would have been cool to see him take a kind of Sora Bulq role. I honestly wish the Dark Acolytes made the cut as a sort of precursor to the Inquisitors.

"You are to obey Pong Krell as though he were me. For all my intents and purposes, he is."

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who are you people smile

Beniboybling
Six days already? Not long enough. smileOriginally posted by Fated Xtasy
You're not alienating me, right?

rolling on floor laughing Nah, DMB just getting to big for his boots. rolling on floor laughing

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ILS
The four hands give him more dexterity, but he doesn't compensate for the fact he's wielding two extra 1.5 meter blades. He's a big guy. That's a lot of surface area to account for, including the other saberstaff.

I seriously don't understand you people. The whole point of Pong Krell's character is that he's meant to be a big deal. How so many managed to miss that is... staggering. If they wanted him to come off as average, he'd have come off as fugging average.

As a PT/Legacy wanker this is my opinion of your stinking bullshit: "If someone is meant to be a big deal in the PT he is indeed a big deal, if an ancient/TOR character is meant to be a big deal it's just lip service and doesn't matter." Gotcha.

Also gratz for ignoring that Shaak Ti could wield a staff and a saber simultaneously, someone you regularly shit on. So I guess 1 extra blade separates the fodder from the big deal roll eyes (sarcastic)

ILS
As a PT/Legacy wanker this is my opinion of your stinking bullshit: "If someone is meant to be a big deal in the PT he is indeed a big deal, if an ancient/TOR character is meant to be a big deal it's just lip service and doesn't matter." Gotcha.

Also gratz for ignoring that Shaak Ti could wield a staff and a saber simultaneously, someone you regularly shit on. So I guess 1 extra blade separates the fodder from the big deal roll eyes (sarcastic) Well, that's awesome and all, but not really what I've ever said. We actually have demonstrations of what Krell can do. The only time I ever call TOR out for lip service is if the supposed feat is literally stated to be a tale/myth, or is recounted by a character. Darth Jadus holding his ship together with TK. Tulak Hord soloing 1000 Jedi cus Khem Val. Darth Marr slaughtering armies solo with some comparison to a planetary shield cuz rumours. And for the record I didn't ever say that these guys aren't meant to be a big deal, only that taking these "feats" at face value is a blind leap of faith. Now, if you're done violently spraying sodium...

Damn dude, this 6 second clip of her holding a staff/lightsaber at either side of her deflecting Magnaguard strikes and killing a grand total of nothing is so comparable to Pong Krell casually wielding two of the most user-dangerous weapons available with insane dexterity for the entirety of a TCW arc while slaughtering the finest clone troopers available.

https://youtu.be/64-3talVkUA?t=11m

roll eyes (sarcastic) indeed.

Darth Thor
Let's not forget his powerful Force waves. Also convenient he has 2 hands to do force waves with while still wielding his multiple Sabers with his other 2 hands.

Plus he's huge. He's a physical beast. Honestly he's like a Force wielding Grievous.

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
Well, that's awesome and all, but not really what I've ever said. We actually have demonstrations of what Krell can do. The only time I ever call TOR out for lip service is if the supposed feat is literally stated to be a tale/myth, or is recounted by a character. Darth Jadus holding his ship together with TK. Tulak Hord soloing 1000 Jedi cus Khem Val. Darth Marr slaughtering armies solo with some comparison to a planetary shield cuz rumours. And for the record I didn't ever say that these guys aren't meant to be a big deal, only that taking these "feats" at face value is a blind leap of faith. Now, if you're done violently spraying sodium...

Damn dude, this 6 second clip of her holding a staff/lightsaber at either side of her deflecting Magnaguard strikes and killing a grand total of nothing is so comparable to Pong Krell casually wielding two of the most user-dangerous weapons available with insane dexterity for the entirety of a TCW arc while slaughtering the finest clone troopers available.

https://youtu.be/64-3talVkUA?t=11m

roll eyes (sarcastic) indeed.

On my phone, so Beni will have to wait. Couldn't help but reply to this bullshit degrading of Shaak's feat in an attempt to wank Krell, because you're just clearly proving Zoltan's point. You're applying one set of logic to Krell, while ignoring Kao Cen Darach who fought Darth Vindican and Lord Malgus with the double/single combo, and actually killed one of them with it, an infinitely superior feat to fighting off some clones.

Yet where have you ever claimed Darach could fight the top tiers? I certainly haven't seen it erm

Emperordmb
Yeah as overrated as I think the magnaguard feat is sometimes, it still kinda completely shits on cutting apart clones as a martial feat tbh

Beniboybling
Would just like to point out that Darach only wielded Satele's saberstaff for half the fight before resorting to Jar'Kai, with which he killed Vindican.

Aurbere
Would just like to point out that Darach only wielded Satele's saberstaff for half the fight before resorting to Jar'Kai, with which he killed Vindican.

thumb up

Basically just wielded the two weapons as one would standard dual-wielding, though with a slight difference to the off-hand weapon's grip. Not really a great example tbh.

Selenial

He deactivates the second blade to put more power into a strike on Malgus, and from there is basically only on the offensive so realistically Jar'kai is a more advantageous form than the triple blade.

Though he killed Vindican with both sides of the double blade activated, hence in the discussion of "mastery of incredibly dangerous and complex weapons", it's not really different.

Selenial
Originally posted by Aurbere
thumb up

Basically just wielded the two weapons as one would standard dual-wielding, though with a slight difference to the off-hand weapon's grip. Not really a great example tbh.

Not only does he engage them actively using all three blades, but he even uses all three in a saber lock.

Perhaps you should brush up on the fight before replying further, wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself.

Aurbere
He deactivates the second blade to put more power into a strike on Malgus, and from there is basically only on the offensive so realistically Jar'kai is a more advantageous form than the triple blade.

Though he killed Vindican with both sides of the double blade activated, hence in the discussion of "mastery of incredibly dangerous and complex weapons", it's not really different.

Yeah, Darach killed him with both sides... because the activation of the other side impaled him. Darach wasn't actively fighting with both ends. It is pretty different.

Beniboybling
Yeah that's more a use of Trakata tbh.

Selenial
Yeah, Darach killed him with both sides... because the activation of the other side impaled him. Darach wasn't actively fighting with both ends. It is pretty different.

Seriously, watch the fight. This is embarrassing on my end, just watching you type this stuff.

He fought with both blades activated for a significant portion of the fight and utilized both. Even still, the argument is about how one can effectively use a double blade and another saber without killing themselves, regardless of if he used the second side or not, (he did,) the risk was still posed, the fight was still fought, and he still came out on top.

Aurbere
Not only does he engage them actively using all three blades, but he even uses all three in a saber lock.

Perhaps you should brush up on the fight before replying further, wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself.

Yeah, uh, he uses it for a few seconds. Hardly the same as dual-wielding double-bladed lightsabers as a career choice. Keep trying.

Beniboybling
Tbh, last time I checked Kao Cen Darach was the Order's Battlemaster, so most likely among the most skilled combatants in the Order. And Krell has one up on him.

Again not seeing how these comparisons are damaging to Krell wank other than to claim "well never saw you wank dis guy trolololol" erm

Aurbere
Tbh, last time I checked Kao Cen Darach was the Order's Battlemaster, so most likely among the most skilled combatants in the Order. And Krell has one up on him.

Again not seeing how these comparison's are damaging to Krell wank other than to claim "well never saw you wank dis guy trolololol" erm

It doesn't really matter. Darach used it for a very brief period of time, and he lacks any style or grace. He just looks uncomfortable doing it tbh.

Krell > thumb up

Selenial
Yeah, uh, he uses it for a few seconds. Hardly the same as dual-wielding double-bladed lightsabers as a career choice. Keep trying.

I expect better than this from Neph, let alone you. I'm genuinely ashamed.

Your point isn't just irrelevant, it nullifies half the arguments posted in this thread. Whether you like it or not, Darach showed the skill required to duel two powerful Sith with a Double Blade and a Single Blade. Whether or not he thought it worth it throughout his career is irrelevant, because the fact is it likely would not be worth it for any Jedi who lacked Krell's fortunate physique. As you see towards the end of the fight, Darach chooses to not bother with all three blades activated, likely because his striking strength was significantly lesser with one double blade activated.

The important thing to note however is that he shows the technical skill required to perform these actions, as did Shaak Ti, as did Darth Maul. So the argument that Krell utilizing two double-blades shows some incredible skill never before demonstrated in the mythos, is wrong.

Sure, he's strong. Sure, he's probably quite fast. But seeing as the double blade feats don't show as much skill as many individuals in this thread were suggesting, there is absolutely no reason to suggest he can go toe-to-toe with the high tiers of the Star Wars universe, because this so called unprecedented feat is not unprecedented at all, and without that, he's really not all that special.

Beniboybling
Sel, wielding two saberstaffs at once is actually unprecedented. confused

All you've raised is a bunch of exceptionally skilled people who almost did that and on that basis argued its not that a good feat. confused

EDIT: This also has more to do with just skill, its a question of effectiveness and unorthodoxy as well. The sheer striking speed wielding two saberstaffs with four arms would give Krell is immense. And seeing as its been said that one saberstaff is itself a difficult for even experienced masters to defend against, one can only imagine how difficult it would be to handle two.

Emperordmb
I'm sorry, how is wielding two saberstaff's when you have complimentary physiology and actual training and experience wielding these weapons supposed to be so far ahead of dual wielding one lightsaber and a staff weapon without much experience/training doing so that it supposedly puts Krell on Grievous level while Shaak and Kao are just meh.

Selenial
Sel, wielding two saberstaffs at once is actually unprecedented. confused

All you've raised is a bunch of exceptional skilled people who almost did that and on that basis argued its not that a good feat. confused

So tell me, you think Kao Cen Darach would pressure the top tiers? smile

Because actually, this began with me calling ILS out on double standards, not necessarily bashing Krell. The thing is though, Darach and Ti fought off far superior foes to Clones, so yes, they may not be wielding both saberstaffs, but their feats are still superior.

So yes, where've you ever stated that Darach or Shaak Ti could pressure the top tiers because of the incredible skill required in doing what they've done? In fact, in the past, you've suggested TPM Kenobi is approaching Darach in skill, and that Darach stands next to no chance against Maul mmm

Selenial
EDIT: This also has more to do with just skill, its a question of effectiveness and unorthodoxy as well. The sheer striking speed wielding two saberstaffs with four arms would give Krell is immense. And seeing as its been said that one saberstaff is itself a difficult for even experienced masters to defend against, one can only imagine how difficult it would be to handle two.

Which is all ****ing hypothetical because we have no idea just how effective he is in a duel, since blocking blaster bolts means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So yeh, refer to my first post about how we have absolutely no methods of properly ranking him.

Lord Stark
Yeah as overrated as I think the magnaguard feat is sometimes, it still kinda completely shits on cutting apart clones as a martial feat tbh

It is two different mediums though. If Krell were to be in the original Clone Wars it probably would have been an army of Jedi he was cleaving through maybe

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
How skilled and powerful is General Krell compared to other combatants in his era? (Or if you want, other eras, too).

In canon, he's one of the best; better than even most of the council members. Only guys like Anakin and Vos are better.

Emperordmb
And... Obi-Wan :/

Beniboybling
I'm sorry, how is wielding two saberstaff's when you have complimentary physiology and actual training and experience wielding these weapons supposed to be so far ahead of dual wielding one lightsaber and a staff weapon without much experience/training doing so that it supposedly puts Krell on Grievous level while Shaak and Kao are just meh. Lol @ this strawman.Originally posted by Selenial
So tell me, you think Kao Cen Darach would pressure the top tiers? smile

Because actually, this began with me calling ILS out on double standards, not necessarily bashing Krell. The thing is though, Darach and Ti fought off far superior foes to Clones, so yes, they may not be wielding both saberstaffs, but their feats are still superior.

So yes, where've you ever stated that Darach or Shaak Ti could pressure the top tiers because of the incredible skill required in doing what they've done? In fact, in the past, you've suggested TPM Kenobi is approaching Darach in skill, and that Darach stands next to no chance against Maul mmm Well first of all Darach hasn't mastered what Krell has, it isn't his favoured style and I'm not seeing much evidence he's as powerful in the Force so... (on the other hand he's evidently an exceptional swordsman, so as far as technical skill goes, it's a moot point) and lol Shaak Ti is top tier (as is Maul) my goodness.

Now as for Ti and Darach's feats being better, sure (though lightsaber combat and blaster deflection aren't really comparable) but Krell's feat against the clones and his mastery of dual-wielding saberstaffs are separate points. Again it's an argument for technical skill, which doesn't necessarily translate into combat effectiveness, unless of course your style is unorthodox in the extreme and you're a Force powerhouse. thumb upOriginally posted by Selenial
Which is all ****ing hypothetical because we have no idea just how effective he is in a duel, since blocking blaster bolts means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So yeh, refer to my first post about how we have absolutely no methods of properly ranking him. Hypothetical =/= we know nothing deary. It's using the facts we do know to make a hypothesis on how effective he would be "in the grand scheme of things" - which is the purpose of this thread, welcome.

And refer to my response. wink

ares834
And... Obi-Wan :/

Obviously those were merely examples and not an exhaustive list. But, yes Obi-Wan is likely better.

ILS
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Let's not forget his powerful Force waves. Also convenient he has 2 hands to do force waves with while still wielding his multiple Sabers with his other 2 hands.

Plus he's huge. He's a physical beast. Honestly he's like a Force wielding Grievous. His Force wave KO'd like a dozen clones or more. In the context of TCW, that shit seldom happens. More evidence to the point.

Sel: Dry your tears. Ti sucks. Wielding a single blade and alternating between a single and staff is awesome and all, but it's still not on-par with or nearly as dangerous as what Krell does on the regular. And I'm not even discussing this f*cker in the context of Legends, I'm discussing him in the context of TCW, where what he does is only replicated (if it is even replicated, and ****ers like Maul and Dooku aren't undermined by pirates) by the top tiers.

It's not even difficult to understand.

Selenial
Well first of all Darach hasn't mastered what Krell has, it isn't his favoured style and I'm not seeing much evidence he's as powerful in the Force so... (on the other hand he's evidently an exceptional swordsman, so as far as technical skill goes, it's a moot point) and lol Shaak Ti is top tier (as is Maul) my goodness.

Yeh, force pushing Malgus and Darach simultaneously, volleying several huge objects and deflecting lightning is totally <<< force pushing some clones.

And you said pressure top tiers, then cited Dooku and Mace. Switch stances all you want, but pressure implies a remote parity. You also suggested he'd definitively beat Savage and Grievous, despite in the past saying Savage could nigh-stalemate Shaak Ti, who you're now calling top tier.

You can see why this looks more like you moving your ranking of characters simply to benefit your point. Especially because you've stated numerous times that you think Ahsoka > Shaak Ti, conclusively. Are you suggesting she's Windu/Dooku tier? smile smile smile

So if blaster deflection isn't comparable, how can you say he'll pressure top tiers? That's some solid double standards there.

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
His Force wave KO'd like a dozen clones or more. In the context of TCW, that shit seldom happens. More evidence to the point.

Ventress pushed a shit tonne of clones further back, they just didn't happen to hit walls.

You're acting as if TCW is consistent. In some episodes Grievous is clearly Ventress' superior, in others she's equalling him.

As you said, in one episode Dooku is "schooled by pirates" yet in an unreleased S7 episode he schools the galaxy's greatest Bounty Hunters, including Boba, while barely using his lightsaber. TCW is anything but consistent, so suggesting the medium is grounds for placing him highly, when you've dismissed medium-based arguments in the past (case in point being one we've already brought up, Ti's magnaguard feats) is insanely biased.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ILS
what Krell does on the regular

https://67.media.tumblr.com/70ef2cb7328f8d1d7186898760812927/tumblr_mjypwsd1yh1r9hvqeo1_500.png

Fated Xtasy
Beni, Aurb, Ares, Cs and Sel have never looked more attractive to me than right now smile (my fantasy became real bitches! Fite fite)

ares834
Ventress pushed a shit tonne of clones further back, they just didn't happen to hit walls.

In TCW? When?

As you said, in one episode Dooku is "schooled by pirates" yet in an unreleased S7 episode he schools the galaxy's greatest Bounty Hunters, including Boba, while barely using his lightsaber.

Which is irrelevant because it's unreleased. Beyond that, in the novel based on those episodes, those bounty hunters defeat and capture Dooku...

Emperordmb
Well this thread just got disgusting...

Aurbere
Beni, Aurb, Ares, Cs and Sel have never looked more attractive to me than right now smile (my fantasy became real bitches! Fite fite)

Obviously I'm the most attractive. wink

Emperordmb
Well this thread just got more disgusting...

Beniboybling
Yeh, force pushing Malgus and Darach simultaneously, volleying several huge objects and deflecting lightning is totally <<< force pushing some clones.In comparison to other displays of the Force in TCW, it kinda is.Lol not parity, AotC Anakin briefly pressured Dooku, they are not peers. Pressure implies your good enough to make that person work for a victory, which is what Krell is.

And Mace and Dooku are obviously at the top end of the spectrum, I also cited Maul and Kenobi, who Ti indeed compares to. Point being that a comparison between Krell and Ti doesn't diminish his threat level, at all.She stonewalled a SOD+ Maul wielding his deadliest weapon yet and did better than Dooku against Vader than he did Anakin, she's certainly not their equal, but she damn well compares.

You should consider that fact I regard Shaak Ti as a threat to Ahsoka as high praise indeed. smileLol maybe if you acknowledge more than the part in brackets, you can work that one out for yourself. thumb up

Aurbere
And Mace and Windu are obviously at the upper end of the spectrum

stick out tongue

Beniboybling
As you said, in one episode Dooku is "schooled by pirates" yet in an unreleased S7 episode he schools the galaxy's greatest Bounty Hunters, including Boba, while barely using his lightsaber. TCW is anything but consistent, so suggesting the medium is grounds for placing him highly, when you've dismissed medium-based arguments in the past (case in point being one we've already brought up, Ti's magnaguard feats) is insanely biased. Lol those BH's had Dooku tied up, like literally.

Beniboybling
stick out tongue Time for bed lol.

Aurbere
Well this thread just got disgusting...

I could tell you something disgusting. You wouldn't like it, though.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ares834
In TCW? When?In season 2, she knocks down half a dozen clones, but Krell knocked down over double that amount while fleeing into the forest...

Emperordmb
I could tell you something disgusting. You wouldn't like it, though.
Already seen enough disgusting shit between you two on the battlebar to last me a lifetime thumb up

Aurbere
Already seen enough disgusting shit between you two on the battlebar to last me a lifetime thumb up

Then it's a good thing that's all you've seen. wink

cs_zoltan
Skwelli > all tbh.

Selenial
Lol not parity, AotC Anakin briefly pressured Dooku, they are not peers. Pressure implies your good enough to make that person work for a victory, which is what Krell is.

What part of Dooku looked taxed during that engagement? mmm

Unless Ti's feat was decidedly better than Krells, and she was, by your own admission, at the lower end of this "top tier".

No, since you acknowledged it's an argument for technical skill that isn't applicable to duels. Your entire ranking of him is supposition based on how impressive you find his dual wielding, which isn't an accurate or well-founded method of ranking characters whatsoever.

It's almost as if "we can't actually judge Krell's ability as a combatant at all, based on his singular showing."

Selenial
Skwelli > all tbh.

A solid example actually, considering how lowly Dooku rated him as a duelist, saying his skills were overrated and sloppy, IIRC.

Good point thumb up

Emperordmb
A solid example actually, considering how lowly Dooku rated him as a duelist, saying his skills were overrated and sloppy, IIRC.

Good point thumb up
While your position is definitely the right one (over thinking ****ing dual wielding and cutting through clones is all it takes now to be Grievous+ level), Dooku's just kinda being a prick there. He's a prick throughout the entirety of the Jedi Path, hates aliens, and specifically criticized his footwork despite the fact that Skweli literally had no feet.

JKBart
and specifically criticized his footwork despite the fact that Skweli literally had no feet.

LMFAO

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
It is two different mediums though. If Krell were to be in the original Clone Wars it probably would have been an army of Jedi he was cleaving through maybe

thumb up

For the medium he was in, Krell was a Beast

Beniboybling
What part of Dooku looked taxed during that engagement? mmmThis part:

"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

For the first time, Count Dooku lost his little confident smile. He had to work furiously to keep Anakin's blade at bay, dodging more than parrying. He tried to step out to the side, but stopped as if he had hit a wall, and his eyes widened a bit when he realized that this young Padawan, in the midst of that assault, had used the Force to block his exit.And yet nobody, myself included, is arguing Krell is an equal to Shaak Ti. Lol.Because?... you haven't actually substantiated this claim with anything lmao.

Selenial
While your position is definitely the right one (over thinking ****ing dual wielding and cutting through clones is all it takes now to be Grievous+ level), Dooku's just kinda being a prick there. He's a prick throughout the entirety of the Jedi Path, hates aliens, and specifically criticized his footwork despite the fact that Skweli literally had no feet.

Fair point, tbfh.

Though on the foot point, footwork doesn't always refer to literal feat. And Skwelli would actually have had more like a dozen "feet" on the ground at once, than none. It more likely serves to point out the flaws in her positioning in general, or the other definition that Webster gives: "active and skillful movement or activity to achieve a goal"

I guess, my point is, whether he's being a prick or not, he obviously doesn't rate Skwelli as highly as others do, suggesting her six blades don't make up for poor technique.

JKBart
I want to see Sel stabbing all of you in cold blood smile
I don't even care for the debate over here though smile smile smile

Emperordmb
Hoth>Windu tbh guys

Hoth was cutting through so many enemies at once, including Sith, which is fairly unprecedented, especially in the context of single/first appearances seeing as Hoth in the single battle he's actually shown in is performing this and Windu in not only his first battle where he couldn't even stop B1 battle droids from shitting on his Jedi allies but in Windu's appearances in the first two movies where he's even shown as a big deal on the council where all Windu does is fight droids and beat Jango Fett with difficulty (I mean Hoth can handle being swarmed by Sith and soldiers, but Windu gets tagged by one bounty hunter? WTF?!!). Not to mention Hoth's feat of becoming the battlemaster by his mid-twenties is unprecedented and indicates an insanely high skill with the blade.

In the context of first/single appearances/battles, Hoth is quite frankly embarrassing Windu and doing some rather unprecedented stuff, and thus we must put Hoth above Windu, and any claims that Hoth isn't that good are merely attacking his lack of exposure and are therefore bullshit. Hoth doesn't need to show more than this to be put on such a level when we can just infer he's on that level from what we've seen put into context.

Selenial
This part:

"I'm a slow learner," Anakin replied coolly, and he came on then, so suddenly, so powerfully, his green blade whirling with such speed that he seemed almost encased in green light.

For the first time, Count Dooku lost his little confident smile. He had to work furiously to keep Anakin's blade at bay, dodging more than parrying. He tried to step out to the side, but stopped as if he had hit a wall, and his eyes widened a bit when he realized that this young Padawan, in the midst of that assault, had used the Force to block his exit.

So a focused Anakin furious at the near-death of Kenobi managed to push Dooku back. Worked great in the end thumb up

Actually, ILS was arguing his feat was superior. I was replying to ILS, you chose to step in. If you agreed, I don't see why you got involved here at all. Unless of course you're moving the goalposts in an act of concession thumb up

Are you seriously asking me to explain to you why blocking blaster bolts is different to dueling?

|King Joker|
Hoth>Windu tbh guys

Hoth was cutting through so many enemies at once, including Sith, which is fairly unprecedented, especially in the context of single/first appearances seeing as Hoth in the single battle he's actually shown in is performing this and Windu in not only his first battle where he couldn't even stop B1 battle droids from shitting on his Jedi allies but in Windu's appearances in the first two movies where he's even shown as a big deal on the council where all Windu does is fight droids and beat Jango Fett with difficulty (I mean Hoth can handle being swarmed by Sith and soldiers, but Windu gets tagged by one bounty hunter? WTF?!!). Not to mention Hoth's feat of becoming the battlemaster by his mid-twenties is unprecedented and indicates an insanely high skill with the blade.

In the context of first/single appearances/battles, Hoth is quite frankly embarrassing Windu and doing some rather unprecedented stuff, and thus we must put Hoth above Windu, and any claims that Hoth isn't that good are merely attacking his lack of exposure and are therefore bullshit. Hoth doesn't need to show more than this to be put on such a level when we can just infer he's on that level from what we've seen put into context. We all know this is what you actually think, DMB. Stop acting like it's sarcasm. smile smile smile

ILS
Hoth>Windu tbh guys

In the context of first/single appearances/battles, Hoth is quite frankly embarrassing Windu and doing some rather unprecedented stuff, and thus we must put Hoth above Windu, and any claims that Hoth isn't that good are merely attacking his lack of exposure and are therefore bullshit. Hoth doesn't need to show more than this to be put on such a level when we can just infer he's on that level from what we've seen put into context. Where you failed:

Different mediums, different writers, different continuity, and different logic altogether with the "single/first appearance!11!1!" shit.

My version:

Same medium, same writers, same continuity.

But nice try, DMB. eek!

Beniboybling
So a focused Anakin furious at the near-death of Kenobi managed to push Dooku back. Worked great in the end thumb upThere you go inferring rage amps again...I'd be rather surprised if he though Krell > Ti tbh.Erm, seeing as I was the one who pointed that out in the first place. I'd think not. mmm

Selenial
I'd be rather surprised if he though Krell > Ti tbh.

Well, that's what he said.

Then explain what you were asking mmm

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ILS
Where you failed:

Different mediums, different writers, different continuity, and different logic altogether with the "single/first appearance!11!1!" shit.

My version:

Same medium, same writers, same continuity.

But nice try, DMB. eek!

That's pretty hilarious since you lowball Shaak Ti's Magnaguards feat every time based on other mediums.

You also say that Kenobi wasn't disadvantaged against Krayt, because Qui-Gon and Maul weren't in TPM, even though the text makes it clear Kenobi was.

Your double standards are approaching Legend tier.

Fated Xtasy

Good point thumb up

Eehhhh. Dooku is dooku tho

ILS
That's pretty hilarious since you lowball Shaak Ti's Magnaguards feat every time based on other mediums.

You also say that Kenobi wasn't disadvantaged against Krayt, because Qui-Gon and Maul weren't in TPM, even though the text makes it clear Kenobi was.

Your double standards are approaching Legend tier. It's a medium-transcending fact that Magnaguards have limited programming. Try again. smile

I said it's not a massive deal that shifted the fight well in favour of Hett.

Your sodium meter is reaching 9/11 tier. smile

cs_zoltan

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Six days already? Not long enough. smile

Kys smile

MythLord
Remember, y'all, we can't use feats unless it suits us to use feats. And when it doesn't suit us, just claim different media so that under Whoever's pen this guy > that guy, so feats shouldn't matter.
Anyways, Zett Jukassa massacred hordes of Clones as he was exiting the temple, and he didn't have Krell's physical advantage or the range of defense he possesses. Pong Krell isn't worth a damn, he's just an episodic villain made to look cool.

Beniboybling
>Kills half a dozen clones before getting shot to pieces
>"Hordes"

These arguments are starting to get embarrassing. erm

chingchangwalla
Krell being on his own team would have been better. Hating the Sith and Jedi and trying to butcher them both because he's turned into a rampant psycho. A whole new arc could've been made; Krell vs everyone and him growing so powerful that perhaps the Jedi and Sith team up to get him together? Or Sidious himself duels him? So much potential it's sad...

Beniboybling
Well, that's what he said.Well I'd have to disagree there, he's Savage+ tier at best.I'm asking why my method isn't accurate or well-founded.

First of all we have his exceptional technical proficiency (which I've noticed you've claimed isn't combat applicable, of course it is lol, its just not proof of combat effectiveness by itself) considering he was able to effectively dual-wield what we know to be an extremely dangerous and difficult weapon without eviscerating himself. Of which, as you and friends have kindly pointed out, we've only seen come close to by a renowned Jedi Council member and a Jedi Order Battlemaster i.e. individuals with extreme technical proficiency.

Secondly we have his inferable Force augmentative/physical ability, considering his impressive telekinetic showings. Easily blowing away over a dozen clones being well in excess of what Ventress has accomplished, and more comparable to feats performed by Dooku, Savage and Anakin & Kenobi combined. On top of that we have his evident hulking strength and agility, with which he tooled the 501st bare handed.

Finally we have again, the unorthodoxy and general combat effectiveness of his form. Which would give him both an insane striking speed, and be exceptionally difficult to counter. Considering one saberstaff in the hands of a masterful practitioner is said to be difficult for even experienced masters to overcome, whereas Krell wields two with four arms.

Now as far as his performance against the 501st goes I agree and in and of itself it's not that impressive, especially considering the surface area of his blades. But seeing as the vast majority of Jedi would be (and frankly were) slaughtered under such circumstances, let alone slaughter them, its an impressive showing. And though blaster deflection isn't directly applicable to lightsaber combat, at the very least it demonstrates he is masterful over a very difficult style.

Altogether it doesn't take a genius to work out the collectively this makes for a very formidable opponent.

Emperordmb
Yeah, formidable. Not ****ing Grievous level though.

Beniboybling
Well that depends entirely on how you rank Grievous. wink

Fated Xtasy

Also note he said CW GG.

Right BB?

Beniboybling
thumb up

Petrus
Why are people here acting like wielding 1 saber + 1 double-bladed saber or 1 saber + 1 electrostaff = wielding 2 double-bladed lightsabers...?

Kurk
Let's not forget that Krell has a dark side amp during the clone slaughter wink

Jmanghan
Let's not forget that Krell has a dark side amp during the clone slaughter wink He does?

People don't just get random "amps" for no reason, dude, barring Mace Windu that is.

Especially from being a certain side.

Kurk
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He does?

People don't just get random "amps" for no reason, dude, barring Mace Windu that is.

Especially from being a certain side.
Did he not embrace the dark side during the slaughter?

Selenial
First of all we have his exceptional technical proficiency (which I've noticed you've claimed isn't combat applicable, of course it is lol, its just not proof of combat effectiveness by itself) considering he was able to effectively dual-wield what we know to be an extremely dangerous and difficult weapon without eviscerating himself. Of which, as you and friends have kindly pointed out, we've only seen come close to by a renowned Jedi Council member and a Jedi Order Battlemaster i.e. individuals with extreme technical proficiency.

Finally we have again, the unorthodoxy and general combat effectiveness of his form. Which would give him both an insane striking speed, and be exceptionally difficult to counter. Considering one saberstaff in the hands of a masterful practitioner is said to be difficult for even experienced masters to overcome, whereas Krell wields two with four arms.

You're arguing in circles here. If, by your own admission, the technique is not a judge of combat effectiveness by itself then you are admitting you're judging his combat effectiveness solely from his feat with the clones. His dual blades shouldn't come into it, by your logic.

The thing is though, the technical skills required to wield these weapons is one thing. Yes, it's impressive that he doesn't kill himself. But Darach, Maul and Shaak Ti never specialised in this weapon form like he did. Shaak Ti has a lot of prior exposure, has never been shown wielding Jar'kai to any great extent and still outclasses Krell at his own game. So she has the technical skill required to wield this form, one must ask themself, why doesn't she? If the form has such inherent advantages, surely it would be a form she would master with most haste. Surely she'd carry the extra blades at least as a last line of defence, but she doesn't. She never utilises that form, except when in a huge crowd of individuals.

Kao Cen Darach only utilised the form because he was facing an exceptionally fast Malgus, and a Vindican who wielded the excessive striking speed of a double bladed saber, Darach physically couldn't block them both without it. Yet when facing Vindican, he resorted to the simple two blades. Same against Malgus. Why? Evidently the form isn't as difficult or useful as your theories claim it to be, if it was, neither Jedi has reason to stop using it.

You also, as far as I noticed, never acknowledged Zoltan's interesting point about Skwelli, the Jedi master who wielded six individual blades. Dooku pointed out her ability to adapt in combat and her form were sloppy, and the numerous blades didn't make up for it. What part of Krell facing off against some Clones suggest he doesn't share exactly the same flaws and shortcomings?

I'll save you the time, nothing he does, no accolade he has and no amount of theories you can provide would prove the above. It doesn't make him bad, it makes him unrankable.

We don't see Jedi perform telekinesis of this magnitude because it goes against their code, hence it being a rarity in TCW. There are however superior telekinetic feats in the show, Windu's feats on Ryloth seem to be both much easier and much more impressive.

As for the bare handed stuff, you must be forgetting Ventress doing exactly the same stuff to Clone Troopers she wasn't trying to kill on Coruscant, or her handling of the rebels during her time as a bounty hunter. It's hardly unprecedented, and if you're trying to show it as a force feat, evidently someone like Ventres with a much less able natural physique, is more impressive.

Since we have no Jedi facing clones like this in the Clone Wars, how do you distinguish Krell's feat from fighting a much greater number of Battle Droids? They may be less skilled, but a greater number surely makes up for it. So not really an out of the ordinary showing.

And yes, the blaster deflection shows skill, I don't deny that. It does not however show skill in relation to duelling another Lightsaber wielding opponent, much in the same way fighting Tuk'ata doesn't mean jack shit wink

Emperordmb
Sel, this is one thread where I freely admit to you ruining people.

MythLord
>Kills half a dozen clones before getting shot to pieces
>"Hordes"

These arguments are starting to get embarrassing. erm

Half a dozen outside the Jedi Temple. Given that he was inside the Jedi Temple, he would've needed to fight his way out. Point is: Zett > Krell smile

Beniboybling
So baseless assumptions then, gotcha. wink

MythLord
Still makes more sense than Krell being worth a damn wink

Selenial
So baseless assumptions then, gotcha. wink

Yes, that is indeed your entire argument yes

Beniboybling
Sel, this is one thread where I freely admit to you ruining people. Lawls.Originally posted by Selenial
You're arguing in circles here. If, by your own admission, the technique is not a judge of combat effectiveness by itself then you are admitting you're judging his combat effectiveness solely from his feat with the clones. His dual blades shouldn't come into it, by your logic.Erm no, by my logic these aspects should be considered holistically, which is what I'm doing. Not a difficult concept to grasp.First off from a technical standpoint none of them "outclassed" Krell, as none of them went as far as to dual-wield saberstaffs. And we've no basis to assume they'd have performed as well if they had attempted to do so.

Second off what I'm saying isn't theoretical, several sources that state a saberstaff is an incredibly difficult and dangerous weapon to wield:It's also just as deadly as I described:Again there is nothing theoretical about what I'm saying, and its only logical that wielding two saberstaffs would make the above true twice over. The ability of the likes of Ti, Darach, Maul etc. to wield a saberstaff alongside a lightsaber being a testament to their skill, not a detriment to Krell's.

Now as far as it not being their preferable style, how this implies ease I do not know. If anything it would imply the opposite as it could be assumed they lacked the training and/or proficiency to wield to effectively as their favoured load-out.

On top of that I'd imagine in part it's because 1. they lack the upper body strength 2. its a simple matter of preference. Indeed difficulty and effectiveness are not relative, and every style has its strengths and weaknesses, otherwise everyone would be wielding saberstaffs.

But it remains a reflection of technical proficiency (as well as a difficult weapon to defend against) which is the point being made in this regard.I didn't acknowledge it because its a moot point. For one Dooku is xenophobic, arrogant, and in general regards anything that isn't Makashi with disdain; he is biased.

Whereas the Order's then Battlemaster had nothing but praise for his abilities which were good enough to be recorded in the Jedi Archives.

More importantly however wielding multiple lightsabers is not at all equivalent to wielding a saberstaff. And indeed seeing as Skwelli had multiple appendages to accommodate, it should have been no less dangerous than Jar'Kai is for a normal humanoid.

Fact is though if had Krell's bladework been sloppy, he'd have chopped himself to pieces, not the clones. thumb upYour point? Goodness Windu > Krell. Who knew? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Three of those I compared Krell to were Sith, and my Jedi example involved two of the most powerful in the Order combining their powers, so I'm not seeing a counter-argument here at all.After she destroyed their weapons at close range. But oh yes, Ventress' hand-to-hand ability that left Anakin sprawled on the floor, and landed her a blow on Darth Maul are so very common... another comparison that doesn't diminish Krell at all.Can you be more specific? Who exactly are you referring to, not Ima Gun Di I hope...

On the other hand consider how many Jedi were slaughtered by Order 66, and the clones didn't always have the element of surprise.Of course, skill has no relation to duelling, how foolish of me to assume otherwise. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MythLord
Now, now, Sel, the fact that Pong Krell didn't accidentally cut himself in half with a lightsaber means he's a TCW GG-level combatant. Actually yeah, he probably is, the TCW GG that lost to Gungans that is.

Beniboybling
Yes, that is indeed your entire argument yes noOriginally posted by MythLord
Now, now, Sel, the fact that Pong Krell didn't accidentally cut himself in half with a lightsaber means he's a TCW GG-level combatant. Actually yeah, he probably is, the TCW GG that lost to Gungans that is. There is another?

MythLord
Yeah. There's two types of TCW GG -- the jobber and the mediocre. The mediocre can actually do shit to Kenobi, at times, whereas the jobber falls to Gungans. Pong Krell is slightly inferior to the jobber. What I'm getting at is that: three Gungans with sticks > Pong Krell.

Beniboybling
Ah I see, how very witty of you.

Fated Xtasy
Lets be real. jobber or medicore, GG as of TCW sucks. Be it due to PIS or otherwise.

One might infer that his foes were superior but I mean... All of them?!

Zenwolf
Must everyone bring up the Gungan instance without realizing the context? Grevious clearly wasn't trying, which is what led to his downfall there.

|King Joker|
Who has Grievous actually defeated without cheating? Ahsoka? I can't remember anyone else. It's pretty sad how badly TCW ****ed Grievous, he could have been so badass.

Beniboybling
He beat Depa. smile

|King Joker|
He beat Depa. smile Oh yeah. smile

Too bad all of Grievous's decent feats are in comics and not in TCW.

Zenwolf
Tbh I blame the Microseries, I like it well enough. But they clearly used a character, that still hadn't been ironed out(at the time since ROTS came 2 years later) and the people just used what they thought about him. Which is why there's an inconsistency with his characterization.

|King Joker|
I mean, he obviously shouldn't have been as OP as he was in OCW, but it isn't too much to ask for Grievous to be capable of beating an injured Eeth Koth without help lol

Fated Xtasy
I mean, he obviously shouldn't have been as OP as he was in OCW, but it isn't too much to ask for Grievous to be capable of beating an injured Eeth Koth without help lol

thumb up

I feel that complete exaggerated with the whole "you must have surprise on your side" bit.

|King Joker|
Yeah, they exaggerated a lot of shit and made him into a buffoon and a complete pussy. Really disappointing.

Zenwolf
Eh the blaster hit Koth took didn't really seem to affect him that much though. Personally moreso, I see it as Jedi and The Force just being superior to technology and strength that Grevious has, not that Grevious sucks, he just doesn't have the edge to overcome The Force.

Plus he did kill Jedi, since he has a collection of lightsabers, sure off screen, but I'd wager some were by dueling too.

It's actually more impressive that Grevious is able to do what he can against Jedi at all, since they are the greatest blade wielders in general in a galaxy which consist of billions and billions of beings and they specifically have been trained since they were pretty much babies in the art of saber fighting.

Beniboybling
Dave Filoni ultimately has a very low opinion of Grievous, as I recall he's gone on record saying that "anyone" can beat Grievous is they overcome the unorthodoxy of his form, and that's reflected in the show.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, they exaggerated a lot of shit and made him into a buffoon and a complete pussy. Really disappointing.

When we were voice chatting over PS4(get it back Joker tbfh)

Aurbere and i talkrd about how brill it would have been to have Kemari Vosa come in when Ventress left and have Tol Skorr return i mean If you wanna make characters job to everyone use unknowns ffs not GG or Ventress

Zenwolf
Dave Filoni ultimately has a very low opinion of Grievous, as I recall he's gone on record saying that "anyone" can beat Grievous is they overcome the unorthodoxy of his form, and that's reflected in the show.

I take Filoni's word with a grain of salt tbh. Since as you said, opinion.

Beniboybling
Sure, but my point is that the way he writes Grievous reflects this.

Zenwolf
Sure, but my point is that the way he writes Grievous reflects this.

Then another writer will come along. Different interpretations and all that.

|King Joker|
When we were voice chatting over PS4(get it back Joker tbfh)

Aurbere and i talkrd about how brill it would have been to have Kemari Vosa come in when Ventress left and have Tol Skorr return i mean If you wanna make characters job to everyone use unknowns ffs not GG or Ventress Idk and agreed

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Then another writer will come along. Different interpretations and all that. I agree, I'm not saying that what Dave is saying is factual, merely that his thinking is perhaps responsible for Grievous' less than impressive portrayal.

Jmanghan
Tbh, Dave Filoni has more control over canon Grievous then us.

If he says that Grievous is weak, then its fact, and there's nothing we can do about it.

cs_zoltan
This is why people with cowboy hats shouldn't be in any kind of authority.

Fated Xtasy

LMFAOOOO

Aurbere

Wyatt Earp tbh.

Darth Thor
Well I'd have to disagree there, he's Savage+ tier at best.

Is Savage not Grievous level?

Beniboybling
Nah, he's above Grievous. yes

|King Joker|
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t627847.html

Syndicate
Nah, he's above Grievous. yes

You're going to give me a coronary you know that?

Syndicate
rawe cancur

Beniboybling
pls, not you

Ziggystardust
Essentially, he's someone primed for the battlefield and fighting multiple people at once. How good his dueling skills are though, remains to be untested. His weapons of choice and form would probably make a one-on-one duel a bit awkward, and probably quite difficult to maneuver. In which case, I'd think Dooku should be beating him handily.

chingchangwalla
I agree. He's more of a battlefield juggernaut type, not exactly a 1v1 specialist. Dooku has weathered the Grievous Storm with ease time and time again, so he should win a majority (assuming he's seen Krell fight before - if he hasn't he should be able to adjust pretty quickly) Krell's agility should be noted too as Grievous isn't really 'mobile' and his four-armed strength is overwhelming. I do think he'd push them a bit, but he's not quite Mace, Dooku and Yoda territory although he'd CRUSH lesser Jedi like Barris Offee, Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia.

chingchangwalla
I'm not saying Krell is more skilled than Grievous or that he'd beat the General in a fight, but Pong has similar tactics (being 'I'll utterly overwhelm you with a million lightsabers) and is more agile with similar (or greater) reach and leverage and comparable strength. Dooku would be sweating!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>