Prey (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
YYXuyTuvp9o

Looks like a reboot/reimagining of Prey. Looks interesting. Plus it's by Arkane.

Nemesis X
The Prey sequel they announced back in 2011 looked so much better than the generic-looking reboot garbage we're getting now. Years of waiting all for naught.

Kazenji
Prey only in name but not spirit.

Smasandian
Not sure I would agree with that.

It's hard to see what type of game it is but Prey did have a creepy atmosphere type feel and was about action, scares and alien enemies. This looks somewhat like this as well.

Kazenji
LNHZ9WAertc

Smasandian
That looks fun.

If the game is open-ish type experience with creepy monsters in an space station, let's do it!

Surtur
So we have a bunch of movie reboots and now is it going to get more and more common in games now?

Kazenji
Calm down, Its only one game so far.

Smasandian
Reboots have been around in gaming for many years, it's just usually considered a sequel instead of a reboot. A game like RE4 is a good example for this. It's a sequel but it's a reboot.

Myself, I don't care if a developer wants to reboot a franchise. Video games are a much different type of medium and has attributes that allow franchises to be rebooted. Actors do not age and graphics can improve a franchise. New mechanics ideas can freshen up the gameplay.

Movies are not like that. Legendary roles like Indiana Jones, Han Solo and Ripley would look very strange if played by somebody else. Movies were shot and developed for the specific time period. If you remade Alien shot by shot, you wouldn't need CGI because when the movie was made, CGI wasn't around.

I'm looking forward to this. Bethesda is publishing and Arkane Studios is developing it so it could be chance that it turns out very well. Bethesda has a very good record so far rebooting franchises.

Kazenji
v-xJQPLYOuQ

Nemesis X
Possessing inanimate objects? Hopefully the developers will use that to their advantage and make a hide & seek multiplayer mode like that Prop Hunt game on Steam. I'd get a kick out of that actually.

Smasandian
If this game can scratch that Dead Space atmosphere/abandoned space vessel with creepy monster I would be a happy man.

Looks neat. It looks like Dishonored which is never a bad thing. A Dishonored type game set in a space station with horror elements....all cool with me.

Kazenji
1xMkYHJdZbs

Patient_Leech
Somebody at work told me about this game as a sci-fi fan. I'm not a gamer, but this looks like it would probably be a pretty creepy, fun game.

Kazenji
This game has some DLC for it now

ySVBHI2OeAg

Arachnid1
Holy SHIT, this game is good. It's not often I wish I bought a game at launch for full price just to support it. It's that good. If you guys are on the fence about this game, get it.

Kazenji
It's because there are people out there that wanted the other version of Prey, The Prey 2 that was canned

I finished this game a while back and liked it, It's still good in its own way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.