ANY difference in power between prime Qui-Gon and TPM Qui-Gon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

Kurk
No

NewGuy01
Probably, yeah.

Darth Abonis
Yes. Prime Qui-Gon could've beaten Maul. Maul won because he was younger and quicker.

Beniboybling
I would think the title answers your question...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yes. Prime Qui-Gon could've beaten Maul. Maul won because he was younger and quicker.

lol

Fated Xtasy
Seeing as i pride myself in knowing all things Liam Neeson/QGJ it is my own personal belief that there are two key differences between QGJ in his prime and TPM QGJ. Style and Force Power.

As his style was athletic in his younger days(check the Xanatos comics) and as stated in the Jedi apprentice Novels he wasn't very easy to tire when duel along Tahl that obviously changed over the years and he began to retool his Ataru into a more aggressive and less agile style than originally intended. Furthermore, as he moved past his physical prime he likely realized that he needed to make up for his seriously lacking agility with controlled strength, and precision. I believe Qui-Gon to have actually incorporated more of a hybridized version of Ataru that consisted of Makashi, and Soresu in his later years.

Force Power, to me, it's evident that Jinn grew in power over the years, while he wasn't a TK giant, he did become almost as powerful as Yoda(i believe that's a quote from one of the Jedi Apprentice novels but don't quote me on that). Given how Jinn later used the Force more defensively rather than act with his blade, it's pretty safe to say Jinn became more powerful and confident with his core force abilities so that the Force would also work as a cover for his weakening athleticism.

I am of the personal belief that TPM Qui-Gon is his prime as a whole, and that until evidence states the contrary, we can't assume that his younger, less experienced and more brash self would beat TPM Jinn.

That is what i believe, anyway.

NewGuy01
Qui-Gon's focuses on the Force were much more esoteric and mystical than they were practically useful, though.

And while he did modify his style as he grew older, it boils down to the same situation that you have with Vader; he retooled his form to cover a weakness. That doesn't inherently make him better than he was prior.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Qui-Gon's focuses on the Force were much more esoteric and mystical than they were practically useful, though.

And while he did modify his style as he grew older, it boils down to the same situation that you have with Vader; he retooled his form to cover a weakness. That doesn't inherently make him better than he was prior.
Really? They werent all that if my memory serves me right.

Exactly, but Jinn as a younger man obviously had far less experience, was less powerful in the force. While he did retool his style like Vader. I firmly believe that TPM Jinn still holds a greater edge over his younger self.

Lord Lucien
One's in his prime and one twirls for no reason.

Petrus
Spot on comments as always.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Darth Abonis

Thanks for the AIDS, champ.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Kurk
No

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.