Alan Scott (Full Starheart) Vs Mogo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i63.tinypic.com/xnsxp0.jpg

vs

http://i66.tinypic.com/24ozzps.jpg

Digi
My gut reaction is Mogo, even as one of the bigger Alan fans on this board. But the Starheart ain't nothing to f*** with. And Alan has wielded it enough times that his power isn't just in theory. I dunno. They both have some absolute beast feats that put them squarely in the "more than HH, but would still get beat by the majority of Trans. beings" group.

These two likely won't show up in the top 10 Lantern thread currently on the front page, which are mostly universal-level plot devices. But they're in a tier by themselves between those vying for the top 10 and every other Lantern ever.

DarkSaint85
Mogo doesn't have many battle feats, am I correct? I mean, he has his showings like purging the Black Lanterns etc, but I was wondering about things like how his shields/blasts rate against the other GLs.

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mogo doesn't have many battle feats, am I correct? I mean, he has his showings like purging the Black Lanterns etc, but I was wondering about things like how his shields/blasts rate against the other GLs.

Yeah, that's kinda the issue. There's only so far you can take "sentient planet" before it seems odd in a comic battle. Imo they were actually smart to give Mogo other stuff to do that wasn't necessarily directly related to combat. But it doesn't really help us in vs. forum discussions.

Alan (pre-FP at least) doesn't have a literal planet-busting feat, but a few of his better feats, alongside with the teams/heroes/villains he's trounced, certainly make it plausible for him to do so. But he's also got low showings - many on teams - so if you wanted to nitpick even his "Sentinel" version, there's much more to work with than Mogo and his nigh-nonexistent low showings.

I'm hedging, obviously. I don't know that there's a right answer here.

Galan007
Going with Alan.

Tbh, someone would have to convince me why Mogo *would* win, because I'm just not seeing it... Not with Alan touting the full Starheart, anyway. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.