What if Eragon came before Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
The Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini is a book series that is very similar in terms of plot and characters to Star Wars. It was popular for a while in the mid '00s and even had the first book made into a movie. However, it fizzled out. If Eragon had been published in 1977 and Star Wars came out in the odds, would the Eragon series be as widely acclaimed as Star Wars?

Nephthys
No, because Eragon was shit and Star Wars wasn't.

Kurk
I don't know about the question, but Eragon was the da bomb for me growing up.

I was hoping someone here would actually bring it up.

Kurk
and the movie is crap btw.

Lord Lucien
After reading the Eragon page on Wikipedia, I'm left with the conclusion that the people who made Skyrim were fans.

FreshestSlice
They aren't really alike at all. Dragonborn was riding off the high of How to Train your Dragon.

Lord Lucien
How to Train your... what?

I dunno, I'm seeing alot of Elder Scrolls sounding names and crap: Varden(fell?). (High?)Hrothgar. Jormunder. Orik. Murtagh. Solembum. Riggs. Tronjheim. The Forsworn. Ra'zac. Ajihad. Dragon riders. Galbatorix. And some b*tch named Angela.

Also Arya and Brom were there.

FreshestSlice
Most of the things you're talking about where made in the 90s for ES, lel.

Lord Lucien
I hope not. Angela said she was 28.

FreshestSlice
She lied.

Lord Lucien
8cFZb0itlD8

That's her confessing.

Kurk
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
After reading the Eragon page on Wikipedia, I'm left with the conclusion that the people who made Skyrim were fans.
Very True

Syndicate
Star Wars has more mainstream appeal so no.

quanchi112
It was ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.