Resident Evil: Vendetta (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
This is the next CGI RE movie. I'm excited since I enjoy the CGI features more than the live action ones.

""The film features BSAA advisor Rebecca Chambers; BSAA SOU Captain Chris Redfield and US government agent Leon Scott Kennedy. Concept art shown suggests that an isolated mansion may be an aspect of the story.

And this is the concept art of the isolated mansion"

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/xax7av47jk10riqa0ikl.jpg

Kazenji
I too enjoy the CGI movies alot more then the live action, Those ones have basically turned into fan fiction movies.

-Pr-
Was so worried this would be a jovovich movie. Can't wait, i always like the cgi movies.

Ridley_Prime
At least the next live action one (called The Final Chapter or something like that) is said to be the last one, but ya never know. Retribution was a guilty pleasure of mine, but don't have much expectations for that.

Now Vendetta? I learned about it some time ago on RE.net, though not nearly as much was known about it at the time like Rebecca and Chris being in it. With that, I'm definitely more interested now.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
At least the next live action one (called The Final Chapter or something like that) is said to be the last one, but ya never know. Retribution was a guilty pleasure of mine, but don't have much expectations for that.

Now Vendetta? I learned about it some time ago on RE.net, though not nearly as much was known about it at the time like Rebecca and Chris being in it. With that, I'm definitely more interested now.

Is that the one that "borrowed" the Chris and Sheva fight from 5?

Impediment
Originally posted by -Pr-
Was so worried this would be a jovovich movie. Can't wait, i always like the cgi movies.

Agreed 100%.

The entire RE movie franchise is shit and needs a reboot, IMO.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
Is that the one that "borrowed" the Chris and Sheva fight from 5?
What, Retribution? No, it was the one after that with Ada, Leon, RE5 Jill, etc. The only one of the live actions I consistently enjoyed besides the first one, while recognizing it for the silly fanfiction that it was like the others. It just managed to be more entertaining with the more diverse cast of characters (as randomly placed as some were), not that I'm calling it good or anything, but ya know.

I do wish CGI ones could happen more often, but with how longer and more expensive they are to make, it's understandable. That said though, I'm not sure the last one (Damnation) will be topped for me, with how much I enjoyed and still remember it, but I don't deny either that this one could surprise me.

Patient_Leech
I have not ever seen any of the RE CGI films. I did see the Starship Troopers one, though, and somewhat enjoyed it, so i will look into these.

Edit:

Damnation and Degeneration are the two CGI ones that I have found. Are there others?

Ridley_Prime
Nope, just those two at the moment.

Kazenji
At least the next live action one (called The Final Chapter or something like that) is said to be the last one, but ya never know.

Yep, Just like with Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter yet they made more.

Arachnid1

Now Vendetta? I learned about it some time ago on RE.net, though not nearly as much was known about it at the time like Rebecca and Chris being in it. With that, I'm definitely more interested now. Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see Rebecca again. I've been wanting her and Billy back for years. It will be cool to see her grown since RE1. She should be around 30 years old now.

Also excited to see Chris and Leon again, despite having seen him a billion times by now.

StiltmanFTW
Bump.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I have not ever seen any of the RE CGI films. I did see the Starship Troopers one, though, and somewhat enjoyed it, so i will look into these.

Edit:

Damnation and Degeneration are the two CGI ones that I have found. Are there others?

Only this one. Executer. It was the first.

yoZjz_g-lRw

Arachnid1
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/resident-evil-vendetta-trailer-description/

There are some screenshots and a trailer description out. That looks nothing like Chris. The dude is aging pretty hard or something. Leon looks the same as he always has.

Kazenji
bA_7jVg5fqc

Arachnid1
That told me nothing about the plot. Also, Chris looks nothing like himself. Again. That dude changes from game to game.

Hyped for Leon, as always. Its cool we'll get 2 hours of screen time with him and Chris together. RE 6 only gave us a minute encounter between them.

-Pr-
Chris looks like he did in RE5 imo, just with very different hair. The basic face still looks the same iirc.

but yeah, looking forward to this.

Zack M
thumb up

Ridley_Prime
Fs5g-l0Bcss

Great trailer. This is what RE6 should've been far as Chris and Leon's interactions go. Rebecca looks about the same.

Impediment
Looks great!

StiltmanFTW
Looks good, yes...

0mega Spawn
Looks good I wonder if Jake Muller will show up and beat the shit out of the mansion laughing out loud

Kazenji
uJ4ozF0GWjY

Placidity
No reload on that pistol.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Placidity
No reload on that pistol.

Yeah, cheatcodes. Ruins the scene a bit.

StiltmanFTW
Anyone knows the release date?

-Pr-
I read mid-June a while back. Dunno if that's changed.

marwash22
I'm here for a RE & V for Vendetta crossover.

Impediment
The movie will be available in North America across digital retailers on June 20th and on Blu-ray and DVD July 18th.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Thanks.

Kazenji
Found out my nearest cinema will be showing it, I'll prob just wait for the dvd release.

Kazenji
B1PJGWC5ThY

Ridley_Prime
So after getting a bundle of all three of the CG films on PSN for just 20 bucks due to a discount, I finally got to watching Vendetta later and... it was alright. Don't remember enough about the 1st CG film which I need to watch again sometime but after already rewatching the 2nd one afterward (Damnation), I think I still like it the best out of the three, while Vendetta may have suffered the 3rd movie curse out of this trilogy. I mean it's still solid; Rebecca's return was good, and Leon and Chris were both cool and worked well together doing what they do best, but I felt the villain and his backstory was kinda rushed, and didn't really feel anything with the deaths of the other characters the way I did with like the previous film.

Still, a welcome addition to the CG series, which thankfully got the bitter taste of RE The Final Chapter out of my mouth. Now I only still hope the reboot live action does better too, depending on whose involved.

Stealth Moose
So after getting a bundle of all three of the CG films on PSN for just 20 bucks due to a discount, I finally got to watching Vendetta later and... it was alright. Don't remember enough about the 1st CG film which I need to watch again sometime but after already rewatching the 2nd one afterward (Damnation), I think I still like it the best out of the three, while Vendetta may have suffered the 3rd movie curse out of this trilogy. I mean it's still solid; Rebecca's return was good, and Leon and Chris were both cool and worked well together doing what they do best, but I felt the villain and his backstory was kinda rushed, and didn't really feel anything with the deaths of the other characters the way I did with like the previous film.

Still, a welcome addition to the CG series, which thankfully got the bitter taste of RE The Final Chapter out of my mouth. Now I only still hope the reboot live action does better too, depending on whose involved.

There's a confirmed reboot of the live action? The Jovovich series just tanked hard. I could accept the break from canon and the attempt to be just a cheesy action flick to enjoy shamelessly, but the lack of continuity in the final film just pissed me off.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, there was a reboot announced, but we don't know whose gonna pick it up yet, so hasn't taken off. Yeah, even as one who enjoyed some of the previous ones on a fun guilty pleasure level like Retribution, Final Chapter shat on all of them and acted as though they never happened, even more so than the other retcons/continuity errors within said series.

Even if the reboot is just more crap, at least there'll be another CG film since Vendetta ended on a cliffhanger with one of its characters.

Oh, and despite Final Chapter's reception which did tank, it unfortunately became the highest selling in the live action movie franchise. Had a budget of 40 million, but made over 312 million. sad Not too surprising when we live in a world where bad films can often make big money, but still.

Arachnid1
I saw this release day. Poor story, but good (but though a bit outlandish) action. It's like they tried to imitate the live action and make it primarily about the set pieces and gun play instead of story and atmosphere.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, like I said, the villain's story/backstory just felt rushed, making it prolly the worst of the three CG films for that and your reasons mentioned, but hoping the eventual next one steps it up.

Also, lol @ Leon being a drunk like Chris at the beginning of RE6.

Kazenji
The movie doesn't come out until next month for me, Is it worth buying it if i manage to find at a cheap price?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
The movie doesn't come out until next month for me, Is it worth buying it if i manage to find at a cheap price?

If you're an action junkie looking for a thrill, Vendetta's your go-to but if you plan on watching for the sake of plot, I wouldn't be that invested. Story is rushed which is what you wouldn't expect from a Resident Evil CG film. Villain's origins rushed where you're not as sympathetic with him as you want to be for example.

mehedi067
I am waiting to see this movie

-Pr-
Just watched it today. It's all right. The limitations of the animation are definitely apparent, but there's some really nice action set-pieces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.