Dooku or Revan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Which character is better and why? Since, unlike Vergere and Kreia, Dooku exists in canon and Legends, consider both iterations separately.

Now, with a poll!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who cares

MS Warehouse
Uh which revan? Or revan as a whole?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Uh which revan? Or revan as a whole?

Yeah, all iterations of each character. Revan, good and bad. Canon!Dooku, good and bad, Legends!Dooku, good and bad.

MS Warehouse
Nothing about dooku interests me. I liked him much better when he was called saruman. Revan started out empty and developed into an interesting character in tor

The_Tempest
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Nothing about dooku interests me. I liked him much better when he was called saruman. Revan started out empty and developed into an interesting character in tor

Nothing interests you about Dooku? Intriguing. His backstory and Revan's are rife with similarities.

Also interesting is the idea that SWTOR is when he developed into an interesting character. Not only do I highly disagree with that notion, I know that you were a huge fan of his long before SWTOR was conceived.

NewGuy01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cek0FMz9MTg

^That's probably the best argument possible for Revan, right there. That said, power-trip aside, I find Dooku more interesting.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cek0FMz9MTg

^That's probably the best argument possible for Revan, right there. That said, power-trip aside, I find Dooku more interesting.

I'll watch it. That user had a couple of good ones about Palpatine.

Canon!Dooku doesn't do much for me at all, except for AOTC. But Legends!Dooku, especially as portrayed in YDR or Republic, is an excellent Star Wars character.

carthage
Dooku pretty easily

FreshestSlice
Both are pretty shit characters.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Unlike the guys in our sigs amirite

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Nothing interests you about Dooku? Intriguing. His backstory and Revan's are rife with similarities.

Also interesting is the idea that SWTOR is when he developed into an interesting character. Not only do I highly disagree with that notion, I know that you were a huge fan of his long before SWTOR was conceived.

I was a huge fan but I became a bigger fan when there were some blanks filled in.

The_Tempest
Revan works better as an unrealized character. The totality of his appeal comes from being a blank slate, letting the player become him/her/it. He should have never been fleshed out and put in a comic, video game, novel, etc.

I think BioWare and Karpyshyn handled Commander Shepard from Mass Effect much better.

Because the closest thing Revan comes to a "good character" is the one that's off-screen that you hear about in KOTOR2. That's not enough to compete with the best iterations of Dooku.

AncientPower
In terms of actual writing, Dooku is an order of magnitude better, its fan fiction vs Tolkien at that point. In terms of character concepts and intrigue I'd say Revan, before they cannibalised the character of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.