Is the Grand Inquisitor really dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I've been thinking it over, and I think Kanan's trial against the Grand Inquisitor as a Temple Guard is a revelation that he somehow survived, and is going to join them on the light side.

Omega Vision
That would be neat, but I don't see it happening.

Jmanghan
Either that, or that was the actual Grand Inquisitor as a force ghost/vision, and that was his way of redeeming himself.

Which would be stupid, they killed him off too easily.

|King Joker|

chingchangwalla
That's a first

Jmanghan
He died too early, entirely too early.

REXXXX
I actually prefer that they killed him. Villains tend to have diminishing returns in these shows. It showed great triumph on Kanan's part, defeating the Inquisitor, and would've been silly to have the strongest Inquisitor continue to ineffectually chase them around.

Great character, though. I enjoyed him as a villain.

cdtm
He was a great villain.

Kind of strange to send your Grand Inquisitor before the lesser Inquisitor's, though. Or even sending them all together.. If this rebellion is important enough to send your top thug, and even get Vader personally involved, they're important enough to crush with overwhelming force..

Zenwolf
It was rather strange that they did go with the GI rather than the subordinates first...but I found him a much better character.

chingchangwalla
He looked like he was a capable swordsman too but getting beaten by season 1 Kanan? no. He impresses me much more than the other Inquisitors that's for sure.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
He looked like he was a capable swordsman too but getting beaten by season 1 Kanan? no. He impresses me much more than the other Inquisitors that's for sure. Kanan was using Jar'Kai, which is apparently better then single sabers or double sabers in canon based on what we've seen over the years.

Anakin, Fisto, Ahsoka, Sidious, Maul, and then Kanan.

Im beginning to see a pattern.

quanchi112
Dead.

Darth Luminous
I hope it's safe to assume he was not a bona fide Force Ghost.

The previous cartoon by the same showrunner devoted a significant amount of time to the Force Ghost thing, enough to create the impression that they weren't intending to go back to the "everyone gets to be a Force Ghost" paradigm of the early EU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.