Clone Wars Season 6 - Skywalker and Order 66

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
So I was rewatching S6E1 and found it interesting that despite the programming in Tup, he didn't attack Anakin.

There's a scene where Tup sees Skywalker but intentionally pushes him to the side / moves around him to attack Tiplee.

Thoughts on why this happened?

Kurk
Plot armor. It's more dramatic when a jedi actually dies.

DarthAnt66
Tiplee didn't die either. Tup lunged at her but Tiplee telekinetically held him still. Skywalker could have done that too.

Tup visibly stares at Anakin, turns to Tiplee, stares at her, and then decides to attack her despite her being farther away and more protected.

Darth Thor
Palpatine obviously had that programmed from day 1. He was confident Anakin would be his next apprentice. After all, he did lead the clones to the Jedi Temple, despite still looking very much like a Jedi.

DarthAnt66
So then the programming for Order 66 must have been added after Skywalker's arrival to Coruscant. Interesting.

Kurk
I thought Sidious knew Anakin was the chosen one the minute he was born.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So then the programming for Order 66 must have been added after Skywalker's arrival to Coruscant. Interesting.

Well, duh. Dooku didn't even acquire the template (Jango) for the Clones until after Anakin reached Coruscant, IIRC.

DarthAnt66
Rofl, in one scene in S6E3, they forgot to retexture a green astromech for one scene, so R2-D2 is standing in the background.

Kurk
Damn I'm a dumbass. I thought you were referring to Tiplar's death scene. Haven't watched it in a while.

DarthAnt66
There's a scene where I think it's possible Palpatine uses a mind trick on Shaak Ti. mmm

EDIT: God, Palpatine absolutely brain-****s Fives.

DarthAnt66

Darth Abonis
I think he saw her in action, and that made him more aggressive

Kurk
I think it's b/c she was simply dead center in his field of view. Anakin was to the side and Tiplee's bright pink colors were pretty mesmerizing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.