Larfleeze vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Draper
Ooookay. so the overwhelming consensus in my last thread made me realize that i needed to give Larfleeze a better opponent. so.....

https://s31.postimg.org/luysw30mz/image.jpg

v.s.

https://s31.postimg.org/vtnwcqvbf/537bc6a21256d.jpg

they fight on the moon. who wins?

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Galan007
Hm.

Given that 'standard' Larf is capable of one-shotting Atrocitus when he gets pissed, and swatting around an amped Hal, an argument can be made that he rolls around at/near trans-level on average.

Either way, he can amp his power to WELL beyond what Thanos can deal with, nigh-instantly(he's gone from his standard power level to over 7,800%... and even 100,000% in the space of a single panel, for example.) Additionally, Larf's Orange Energy is constantly replenishing him, thus he doesn't lose any energy in battle.

So yeah, I just don't see how Thanos can deal with a being who can amp to gargantuan levels on the fly, possesses unlimited stamina, AND has an entire Corps-worth of independent constructs backing him. /shrug

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
Hm.

Given that 'standard' Larf is capable of one-shotting Atrocitus when he gets pissed, and swatting around an amped Hal, an argument can be made that he rolls around at/near trans-level on average.

Either way, he can amp his power to WELL beyond what Thanos can deal with, nigh-instantly(he's gone from his standard power level to over 7,800%... and even 100,000% in the space of a single panel, for example.) Additionally, Larf's Orange Energy is constantly replenishing him, thus he doesn't lose any energy in battle.

So yeah, I just don't see how Thanos can deal with a being who can amp to gargantuan levels on the fly, possesses unlimited stamina, AND has an entire Corps-worth of independent constructs backing him. /shrug

Plus his showing against Invictus, right? Didn't he beat him once or stalemate him?

quanchi112
Larf is sooooooo exaggerated. Thanos wins. Consistent portrayals and highs that make Larf's highs look pathetic by comparison. I guess atrocious and Hal is impressive but Thanos easily dismissing the annihilators isn't.

Blue Area Vet
Hm.

Thanos would definitely beat his ass and take the power.

DarkSaint85
Hm.

Apart from the constructs, sounds a lot like a certain green character in Marvel..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Thanos would definitely beat his ass and take the power. thumb up

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Apart from the constructs, sounds a lot like a certain green character in Marvel..

yes

Galan007
Ah yes... I forgot this is how Thanos threads always go.

Why did I even waste the finger energy to type an intelligible response, lol?

Surtur
Ah yes... I forgot this is how Thanos threads always go.

Why did I even waste the finger energy to type an intelligible response, lol?

I think Thanos would probably need to rely on psionic powers to win this fight, so for me it depends on what mental resistance feats Larfleeze has.

Since otherwise there isn't any way Thanos should be able to even get physically close enough to kill Larfleeze and his eye beams aren't really going to do the job here.

Estacado
Larf.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
I think Thanos would probably need to rely on psionic powers to win this fight, so for me it depends on what mental resistance feats Larfleeze has.

Since otherwise there isn't any way Thanos should be able to even get physically close enough to kill Larfleeze and his eye beams aren't really going to do the job here.

Volthoom and Dirge tried to attack his mind - he's just filled with desire, nothing more. There's nothing to attack.

When Dirge (planetary level) tried attacking, she was beaten off by all the Larf constructs in his mind.

Surtur
It's not looking good for Thanos then.

Galan007
Volthoom and Dirge tried to attack his mind - he's just filled with desire, nothing more. There's nothing to attack.

When Dirge (planetary level) tried attacking, she was beaten off by all the Larf constructs in his mind. I like the Dyrge instance, because we actually get to see the inner-workings of Larf's mind, and what happens to an invader when they enter it:
Larfleeze has mental shields in place that prevented Dyrge, a member of The House of Tuath-Dan, from tampering with his mind:
http://i.imgur.com/O9LgV7e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pg5bf2A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iw6vvJ5.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Larf. Ewwwwwww.

Zack M
I like the Dyrge instance, because we actually get to see the inner-workings of Larf's mind, and what happens to an invader when they enter it:

House of Tuath-Dan are solid trans too.

abhilegend
Larfleeze

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ewwwwwww.
Nah.
Larf packs the power of a Lantern Corp.

I would give Thanos the win over any trans though...would even give him the win over Atrocitus+Sinestro+Hal+Kyle.

quanchi112
Nah.
Larf packs the power of a Lantern Corp.

I would give Thanos the win over any trans though...would even give him the win over Atrocitus+Sinestro+Hal+Kyle. So ? That doesn't translate into him being more powerful than Thanos nor does that make him invulnerable. He also lacks the tactical know how Thanos has in spades.

Thanos can close the distance and take the battery right off of him. Didn't Hal ?

smile

Galan007
Taking the Battery won't do much considering Larfleeze IS the Battery:
Despite spending billionS of years hoarding the Orange Battery, we ultimately find out that Larfleeze doesn't even need the battery at all. He literally IS the battery...

"You've somehow become an organic source of the Orange Energy! You're now a living, breathing, walking, talking power battery!"
http://i.imgur.com/3SgOyRZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5QHdJps.jpg

"Larfleeze is the battery!"
"I can feel it. It's true."
http://i.imgur.com/rlc3RGE.jpg

"His flesh, bones, and blood... Evey cell... The entirety of his energy field... All of it saturated with Orange Energy. Larfleeze has truly become a biological power battery!"
http://i.imgur.com/cMeyz4A.jpg

"Larfleeze is a living power battery now! Larfleeze is a God!"
http://i.imgur.com/MylAQJy.jpg

DarkSaint85
I wish there was a decent respect thread for Larf.

Galan007
Ikr?

Scot! Make it happen. thumb up

One_Angry_Scot
Ikr?

It's in the works as we speak.

Estacado
I wish there was a decent respect thread for Larf.
No need for that...Dc sucks...

Surtur
No need for that...Dc sucks...

But Larfleeze doesn't.

Stoic
Larfleeze can call on his constructs, but Thanos can also call on the dead as seen recently. Thanos gets my vote.

Zack M
Originally posted by Stoic
Larfleeze can call on his constructs, but Thanos can also call on the dead as seen recently. Thanos gets my vote.

We've actually seen that in the Larfleeze series. lol

Don Draper
"Despite spending billionS of years hoarding the Orange Battery,"

Jesus christ. how damned old is larfleze?

Galan007
Originally posted by Don Draper
"Despite spending billionS of years hoarding the Orange Battery,"

Jesus christ. how damned old is larfleze? He is SEVERAL BILLION years old:
http://i.imgur.com/LfnII3p.jpg

Surtur
Looks like Larfleeze might have to slap a b*tch.

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M
We've actually seen that in the Larfleeze series. lol

I wasn't actually disputing whether or not Larfleeze could call on his constructs. I was just pointing out that Thanos could call on aid as well. Thanos on the other hand, called on so many dead entities, that he was able to match and overtake the Annihilation Wave in sheer numbers.

StiltmanFTW
Carver's Brown Lantern Corps would murder Larfleeze in a single comic book page.

Don Draper
He is SEVERAL BILLION years old:
http://i.imgur.com/LfnII3p.jpg damn. that's unreal.

Originally posted by Stoic
I wasn't actually disputing whether or not Larfleeze could call on his constructs. I was just pointing out that Thanos could call on aid as well. Thanos on the other hand, called on so many dead entities, that he was able to match and overtake the Annihilation Wave in sheer numbers. So Thanos only wins with a MASSIVE amount of outside help iyo?

what if I limit it to JUST larfleze versus thanos? No orange corps; no undead army?

StiltmanFTW
Yes, Thanus needs to hire Brown Lantern Corps.

quanchi112
Thanos ko's or kills him. There's also force block. He can call on the dead. He also resisted universal powers aimed at his destruction.

Galan007
Originally posted by Don Draper
what if I limit it to JUST larfleze versus thanos? No orange corps; no undead army? Taking away Larf's Corps is the exact same thing as taking away a GL's constructs. Doesn't make sense. The Orange Corps are a manifestation of Larf's imagination/power... It's not some random, one-off ability, like Thanos summoning an undead army or w/e. Manifesting the Orange Corps is what Larf uses his power for all the time. It is literally one of the most essential parts of his character.

That said, Larf still wins without his constructs... For reasons already mentioned.

nwg202
Is Thanos army of undead now considered a part of his power set like Jackie's darlings, MM's mirror clones or Magik's demons?

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos ko's or kills him. There's also force block. He can call on the dead. He also resisted universal powers aimed at his destruction.

When was the last time force block was usefully used on a named character?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
When was the last time force block was usefully used on a named character? When it is necessary. He doesn't need to here to tell you the truth. Larfleeze isn't Thor with the power gem.

Delta1938
Hm.

Would you be ever so kind to grant my request for some Larfleeze feats?

Cogito
Yeah Galan when are you going to get off your but and contribute something for once

g_troll

Galan007
Ikr?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Delta1938
Would you be ever so kind to grant my request for some Larfleeze feats? Begging.

the Darkone
Hate to say it Thanos loses here, larf could be boarder line low sky father

Decter
Larf

StiltmanFTW
For all his power, Larf is not very bright, is he?

-K-M-
his lantern makes it bright enough for him......I thank you

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

SquallX
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
For all his power, Larf is not very bright, is he?

He's not dumb either. He may not be the smartest guy in a room, but when it comes to fighting, he's pretty good.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
For all his power, Larf is not very bright, is he? Greed makes him illogical at times.

Never been an issue in the midst of battle, though. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.