Bane or Krayt?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
These two are kinda analogous: they defied tradition to begin their own vision for the Sith. Which character is better and why?

JKBart
Don't act like you believe Bane is a character

Petrus
Better in what sense? Power? Combat? H2H? IQ?

JKBart
It's not like there's an area where Bane competes anyway

Aurbere
Drew Karpyshyn's Bane wasn't even a character. Krayt actually has legitimate development and a good story arc.

MythLord
Bane's legacy is greater, Krayt's character is better -- pick one of these to be the deciding factor.

ILS
Comparing Ostrander's writing to Karpyshyn's is like comparing Socrates to a brain damaged toddler with crayons.

carthage
Bane's legacy is Sith being better than him and him being the weakest of his order, while Krayt dominates most of the galaxy and actually can win duels without using a darkside nexus

Krayt shits

Petrus
Originally posted by ILS
Comparing Ostrander's writing to Karpyshyn's is like comparing Socrates to a brain damaged toddler with crayons.

lol thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS

Yeah, Karpy blows him out of the water. Try saying that with a straight face. laughing

The_Tempest
I'm honestly not that big of a fan of either of them, so opinions would be entertained.

Fated Xtasy
Same tbh.

Krayt seems more interesting tho

Sinious
Darth Bane has the advantage of being directly linked to the PT in a way that matters (so don't reply as Hett is FROM the PT as that's not the point), and his place in the story is actually pretty great since RoT is a huge deal. His main achievement is quite a unique one as he wasn't just pursuing power like other Sith, and even created an order that would cause his death, but eventually lead to Sith nirvana. The fact that his story was so poorly handled (I hear) is actually a sad waste of opportunity.

NewGuy01
Krayt; he's a favorite of mine. Bane isn't, he's as blasphemous of a Sith as Kaan was.

SunRazer
As a character? Krayt, definitely. The only time Bane even has character is in PoD, and even then, well, it's not the best.

MS Warehouse
Krayt as a character obviously. Bane as a sith.

The_Tempest
I'm surprised this poll is so lopsided.

MythLord
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm surprised this poll is so lopsided.
You can't really argue Bane's the better character -- not in the context of Drew's writting. You can only argue what Bane did to the galaxy(i.e. creating the most successful Sith Order and the most powerful Sith Lord) and his own legacy is greater than Krayt's.

Deronn_solo
Bane's legacy is unquestionably better than Krayt's.

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Krayt; he's a favorite of mine. Bane isn't, he's as blasphemous of a Sith as Kaan was.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.