What If Captain America & Superman switched bodies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
What if they switched bodies for 3 months. Who would do the best in their new body?

h1a8
Originally posted by golem370
What if they switched bodies for 3 months. Who would do the best in their new body? Superman would suck in CA's body. But CA would do excellent in Superman's body. This is not really a good thread tbh.

Cogito
Superman has been depowered before, so he should do ok in Cap's body.

I don't really see why Cap would have any problems with Superman's body. It has been stated that it takes some time to adjust to holding back so as not to destroy everything you touch, but no way it takes Cap 3 months to adjust to that.

golem370
It would take him getting use to not being bullet proof not flying and then using Cap's shield fighting really skilled fighters.

h1a8
Originally posted by Cogito
Superman has been depowered before, so he should do ok in Cap's body.

I don't really see why Cap would have any problems with Superman's body. It has been stated that it takes some time to adjust to holding back so as not to destroy everything you touch, but no way it takes Cap 3 months to adjust to that. Supes would get killed the first day. He literally doesn't have the skills or agility to compete with Caps villains. Remember, CA fights beings far more powerful than himself where Superman mostly fight beings weaker or equal to himself.

A regular Joe in Superman's body would absolutely wreck shit. The super slow perceptions ability would give skill greater than CA.

Cogito
Originally posted by h1a8
Supes would get killed the first day. He literally doesn't have the skills or agility to compete with Caps villains. Remember, CA fights beings far more powerful than himself where Superman mostly fight beings weaker or equal to himself.

And yet he's been in a regular body, less powerful than Cap's, and not died. Nobody said he'd go out and solo Hydra on day one.

SquallX
Pretty sure a depowered Clark outmaneuvered a super powered Bruce in a Superman/Batman arc.

h1a8
Originally posted by Cogito
And yet he's been in a regular body, less powerful than Cap's, and not died. Nobody said he'd go out and solo Hydra on day one.

Put Superman against any of Caps villains and he would die for good.
There is no villain he would survive against. If you disagree then name one. Surely you are thinking of this happening in a comic where the writer protects Superman?

Surtur
Captain America dies because his soul isn't awesome enough to reside inside Superman's body. Meanwhile Captain America's body explodes from the raw might of Superman's essence.

On a serious note though, I'm never really sure how skilled at fighting Superman is supposed to be. Some like to cite how he beat Cobra without his powers. I honestly have no clue how consistent that level of skill is.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370
What if they switched bodies for 3 months. Who would do the best in their new body?

Superman dies on his first day.

Cap becomes the saviour of the universe.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Surtur
On a serious note though, I'm never really sure how skilled at fighting Superman is supposed to be. Some like to cite how he beat Cobra without his powers. I honestly have no clue how consistent that level of skill is.

As skilled as needed, or if the writer/artist just wants to have him do cool looking stuff even if he doesn't need to.

Digi
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Superman dies on his first day.

Cap becomes the saviour of the universe.

Disagree, agree, respectively. I'm not so hard on Superman, but Cap would own.

TheHulk
I definitely think Supe will be quite bad in his first few runs, but eventually he will get used to it. Cap though, will be the lord and savior of the multiverse. HAIL LORD ROGERS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.