Edge of tomorrow 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
From wikipedia

quanchi112
I heard this a while back but I won't get excited for a sequel until they begin filming. My heart can't take another Tron 3 cancellation.

BruceSkywalker
never saw the first one, but its free on cable so will prolly catch it then... as for a sequel, meh unless the lead actress is nude

Zack M
First one flopped. Sad, too, because it was one of the best films of that year. It doesn't need a sequel, either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
never saw the first one, but its free on cable so will prolly catch it then... as for a sequel, meh unless the lead actress is nude Great film. One of the best Sci Fi film in years. The alien organism was awesome and very creative. Very formidable as well.

steverules_2
Was a good film

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Was a good film Great film.

jaden101
Enjoyed the first film very much. Would watch another.

Kazenji
Didn't catch the first movie when it was having its cinema run, Ending up checking it out on Blu-ray and liked it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
Great film. One of the best Sci Fi film in years. The alien organism was awesome and very creative. Very formidable as well.

I will give it a looksee

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Didn't catch the first movie when it was having its cinema run, Ending up checking it out on Blu-ray and liked it. You unbelievable bastard. This movie tanked because of assholes like you.

Flyattractor
Yeah. This movie got Dredd-ed. Because of STUPID EMO INTERWEB DWEEBS!

riv6672
Originally posted by Flyattractor
STUPID EMO INTERWEB DWEEBS!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/20150531/5215043/neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie-o.gif

But really, this was a terrific movie, and i'd likely watch a sequel just to see if it measured up.
The absolute worse that can happen is a Highlander 2/Mortal Kombat 2 experience, and with enough alcohol i got over those.

Kazenji
It was bizarre with the Mortal Kombat 2 movie, They had bigger budget to play around with and yet it turned out shit.

riv6672
Yeah, i was really disappointed. Its like they went out if their way to make a bad movie.

Flyattractor
I don't see how they can make a seq to this.. The movie kind of wrapped it self up rather nicely.

Robtard
Really enjoyed the first, just don't see where they'll go with a sequel if they intend on re-doing the 'time restart' angle again, which would make sense that they'd want to as that's what made the film stand out. Was a scifi Ground Hog Day.

Nibedicus
Loved the first movie. One of the few I watched more than once when I convinced my friends to watch it (they didn't even know about it til I told em). Marketing dropped the ball on this movie.

Movie did wrap up quite nicely so not sure how they're planning on making a new movie.

My guess would be that maybe the alien laid an egg or something and Cruise's character might well need to hunt it down. The reset ability might well still be in his blood and comes back to him as soon as the egg hatches.

Or maybe a second meteor landing on earth, bringing in a new invasion force and another character getting the reset ability and Cruise having to mentor that guy like he himself got mentored,

steverules_2
I don't see how they can make a seq to this.. The movie kind of wrapped it self up rather nicely.

A lot of movies do that but they always find a way

T2 and T3 is a good example, T2 they stop judgement day so it can never happen. T3, Judgement day it turns out can't be stopped and is gonna happen no matter what you do.

Lord Lucien
I don't see how they can make a seq to this.. The movie kind of wrapped it self up rather nicely. Yeah I wish they would ask the question: does this need a sequel? Instead of their time-honored question of "how much coke will the box office buy us?"

steverules_2
Pacific rim 2 as well people, they closed the breach and ****ing nuked the creatures on the other side in the first film...how are we getting a second film??

Kazenji
^ Maybe the aliens on the other side find another way through.

riv6672
It really did.

I suppose they could go the BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 route, and have things happening "behind the scenes" of the first movie.

Flyattractor
That or they could turn it into a comedy and its peace time and Tom still has the POWER and just uses it for shits and giggles.

HelloLove
Can't wait for EDGE OF TOMORROW 2, first one was awesome!!!

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Maybe the aliens on the other side find another way through.

They got blown up by a nuke though, guess they missed some

Kazenji
It was only their Kaiju creation facility that got wiped out.

steverules_2
Guess facility no.2 is still functional, I thought they'd nuked the whole thing and wiped them all out

riv6672
If only it were that easy.

steverules_2
Never is, Hollywood continuity won't allow it

riv6672
True, sometimes to the point of ruining a franchise.

Zack M
EOT flopped harder than Warcraft. Such a shame. I think it was the marketing that was to blame.

Dreampanther
I watched the first reluctantly at home one night with my brother, not being a huge Tom Cruise fan. Ended up enjoying it so much we've both seen it more than once (mostly the first half), maybe because we are both sci-fi fans or maybe because the movie was just that good. I will try to keep an open mind about a sequel.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
First one flopped. Sad, too, because it was one of the best films of that year. It doesn't need a sequel, either.

I don't think it flopped. They wouldn't be doing a sequel of it did.

Also it had strong box office legs. Began with a domestic OW as bad as Warcraft's but crept it's way up to $100mill domestic.

riv6672
If so it was on word of mouth (which is great) because i never even saw a commercial for this movie. Bad marketing.

Darth Thor
^ I saw commercials, they just didn't look that great.

And then the problems they had with the title as well Lol

riv6672
Problems?

quanchi112
Riv is clueless as ever.

Flyattractor
That or just not into Anime.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by HelloLove
Can't wait for EDGE OF TOMORROW 2, first one was awesome!!!

Agree, the movie was great.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
Riv is clueless as ever.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
Really enjoyed the first, just don't see where they'll go with a sequel if they intend on re-doing the 'time restart' angle again, which would make sense that they'd want to as that's what made the film stand out. Was a scifi Ground Hog Day.

I know people rave on that Groundhog Day is a classic comedy but I honestly never got the hype. It was monotonous to watch. The repeating scenes just for a minor gag pay off bored the hell outta me.

Edge Of Tomorrow was fun the first watch but it's a movie I'd hesitate to watch again because of the same factor as G Day.

Same with that Jake G movie & the bomb on the train.

quanchi112
Groundhog Day was a classic and very good comedy. Edge of Tomorrow was a really original film. Loved them both so it figures the nicompoop known as Bran Mak Morn takes up issue with it.

Esau Cairn
Yes Quan, just like all your posts.

Repititious & unoriginal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yes Quan, just like all your posts.

Repititious & unoriginal. Blatantly false.

riv6672
That or just not into Anime.
Anime sucks duck butt.

HelloLove
Edge of Tomorrow is a brilliant movie - could have had a bit more about their relationship, felt a bit too quick and easy between them - but still great, can't wait for the second film.

Ascendancy
I think the original Manga had an ending that allowed it to continue on, but just remember bits and pieces from a friend's description. Makes me want to see and update of Blue Gender as a film.

Loved the first; I think I've seen it about six times now. Reminded me of Starship Troopers a bit with the fun tropes that they tossed in that kind of make it stand on its own, though it's the characters that pulled it off here rather than the little infomercial film clips. Definitely sci-fi done the right way.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Senor Cage

It didn't entirely flop. They wouldn't be doing a sequel if it flopped. BoxOfficeMojo

It's apparently currently titled "Live Die Repeat and Repeat." I don't like the re-titling to "Live Die Repeat." Edge of Tomorrow is a fine title, but whatever..

This is apparently old "news," but it's planned to be a prequel...

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/edge-of-tomorrow-2-sequel-prequel-doug-liman-tom-cruise-1201903415/

riv6672
Oh wow, this is still a thing. Sweet!
Thanks for the update.

Patient_Leech

riv6672
Heard about this today. Pretty cool.

And man this thread is a blast from the past!

Old Man Whirly!
Uneeded imho, the first was a great stand alone film.

Robtard
Agreed, liked the first, can also watch it again and it's still fun.

A sequel seems like a foolish cash-grab.

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed, liked the first, can also watch it again and it's still fun.

A sequel seems like a foolish cash-grab.
^^^Couldnt care less; I just want more buff Emily Blunt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.