Deity or Bust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Let's say the world is perfect and nothing is taboo right. So you being the epic nerd that you are decided to write a comic about deities...not the myth ones like Zeus & Odin. I mean the ones people worship today like Jesus or the prophet Muhammad. What powerset would you give them and how far would they get up the food chain based off canon feats? You can amalgamate the universes for shits&giggles and use any historical figure you like. Im just curious what you guys think.

If this offends anyone apologies in advance. The report button is --->

DarkSaint85
Jesus can already matter manipulate inorganic and organic material (water into wine, multiplying fish and bread). He'd be able to know the hearts of men (telepathy). Raise the dead (maybe a zombie army summons?). Plant control (telling the fig tree to curl up and die).

He'd be pretty OP. But a glass cannon (normal centurion spears can pierce his side). So around Firestorm level.

Buddha can be Resurrection Man style. Kill himself to reincarnate with various powers - however, he'd have to do good/bad deeds in prep, in order to fill his karma meter to come back as something useful.

SquallX
Muslims starts killing people for drawing a picture of there prophets, and the West will say we deserved it because we purposely attack them and there beliefs.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Let's say the world is perfect and nothing is taboo right. So you being the epic nerd that you are decided to write a comic about deities...not the myth ones like Zeus & Odin. I mean the ones people worship today like Jesus or the prophet Muhammad. What powerset would you give them and how far would they get up the food chain based off canon feats? You can amalgamate the universes for shits&giggles and use any historical figure you like. Im just curious what you guys think.

If this offends anyone apologies in advance. The report button is --->
Just a quick correction to something in your post. Muslims don't worship Muhammad. He's prophet (the last and greatest in their religion) and no miracles are attributed to him in the Koran (there is some miracle making ability in the Hadith but the sources are questionable even among Islamic scholars).

Regarding Jesus, he's worshiped by Christians as God Incarnate (like Krishna is among many Hindus). So according to Christians he can do whatever is in God's power to do.

Yahweh/Jesus was supposedly shown on panel among various Skyfathers in What If the Avengers were pawns of Korvac. The Christian God was also shown in a Howard the Duck issue as the Architect of reality but not it's Creator.

According to Marvel, he's about Skyfather level.

Originally posted by SquallX
Muslims starts killing people for drawing a picture of there prophets, and the West will say we deserved it because we purposely attack them and there beliefs.
Wrong forum big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.