Black Panther vs. Psylocke (current comic versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanguard
No Prep
Panther and Psylocke have their usual equipment.
Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Psylocke...

TP, TK... and even without those, she'd at the very least give him a fight.

Vanguard
Panther has TP defense. TK makes it difficult for him though.

StiltmanFTW
He does and I know about it.

But resisting nerfed Emma and getting props from Cable are not enough to make me think he'd do a good job resisting an Omega Level Telepath like Betsy.

Yeah, if she actually uses her TK, it's potent enough to floor the likes of Colossus... but some writers ignore that power completely for the sake of the story telling.

Decter
Psylocke

riv6672
Betsy Braddock bests Black Panther.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

But resisting nerfed Emma and getting props from Cable are not enough to make me think he'd do a good job resisting an Omega Level Telepath like Betsy.

Yeah, if she actually uses her TK, it's potent enough to floor the likes of Colossus... but some writers ignore that power completely for the sake of the story telling.

Emma was nerfed?

EcstaticGrace
As of now doesn't Panther have that TK like ability?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Emma was nerfed?

After the events of AvX, yes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
As of now doesn't Panther have that TK like ability?

"Force push", yeah...

But Psylocke has an actual telekinesis.

EcstaticGrace
Where's it mentioned?

abhilegend
Children of the atom crossover. Dark Beast had infected the Phoenix possessed mutants with nano sentinels which affected their powers.

riv6672
abhi's encyclopedic knowledge of low showings comes in handy every now and again. thumb up

Vanguard
Eh. I figured he'd show up in this thread.

riv6672
Well, its why all come here.

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672
Well, its why all come here.

Anytime Panther loses it's like a little slice of heaven for him. F*ckin hater

riv6672
I likely hate Panther more than he does, and anytime i dont have to give him the victory i'm happy.

Vanguard
I don't get the hate. But okay

riv6672
No worries.
I make it a point to give him the win when i honestly feel he deserves it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Children of the atom crossover. Dark Beast had infected the Phoenix possessed mutants with nano sentinels which affected their powers.

Magneto was affected too, iirc?

h1a8

Yeah, if she actually uses her TK, it's potent enough to floor the likes of Colossus... but some writers ignore that power completely for the sake of the story telling. she's not an omega level telepath. She has the potential to be though. I would put several telepaths above her.

StiltmanFTW
She is. She had an upgrade and was stated to be one by the writer.

You haven't read a single UXF book, so better sit quiet.

abhilegend
Yes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Vanguard
Anytime Panther loses it's like a little slice of heaven for him. F*ckin hater
laughing out loudOriginally posted by riv6672
abhi's encyclopedic knowledge of low showings comes in handy every now and again. thumb up
Or I actually read the comics.

How are they supposed to be low showings?

StiltmanFTW
Riv is on his period again, ignore stick out tongue

riv6672
Calm down teacup, you dont have a monopoly on being a dick at this site.
And if you could ignore me you'd have done it ages ago.

smile

h1a8
She is. She had an upgrade and was stated to be one by the writer.

You haven't read a single UXF book, so better sit quiet. I don't go by interviews but what's shown on panel. Neo wasn't THE ONE until he became THE ONE. What's the definition of an omega telepath anyway? And what feats does she have supporting it?

krisblaze
How's BP supposed to stand a chance here?

StiltmanFTW
Calm down teacup, you dont have a monopoly on being a dick at this site.
And if you could ignore me you'd have done it ages ago.

smile

laughing out loud

True, true.

Originally posted by h1a8
I don't go by interviews but what's shown on panel. Neo wasn't THE ONE until he became THE ONE. What's the definition of an omega telepath anyway? And what feats does she have supporting it?

You don't go by either, actually. Since you don't read either.

She's penetrated Wolverine's and AoA Creed's psychic defenses at the same time. To penetrate Logan's psishields, you need to be a lv10 psychic --- as Emma before her depowerment was. Emma, who was an omega level telepath.

There's no strict definition. It's not to be confused with omega lv mutants. We just know the characters who got classified as OLTs.

riv6672
laughing out loud

True, true.
And to be clear, i've never said abhi doesnt read comics. I've said he only cares about the feats.

Genii96
Yup,cyke gave him a dose of his PF and he got nerfed

riv6672
Not often does that happen to Mags.

StiltmanFTW
Actually, it was the second nerf that happened to him in a row laughing out loud Only this time, it really depowered him - the one before that wasn't noticeable much, he was still his nigh all powerful self.

riv6672
Considering how many upgrades he's gotten since he debuted nerfs must be hard to tell.

h1a8
laughing out loud

True, true.

You don't go by either, actually. Since you don't read either.

She's penetrated Wolverine's and AoA Creed's psychic defenses at the same time. To penetrate Logan's psishields, you need to be a lv10 psychic --- as Emma before her depowerment was. Emma, who was an omega level telepath.

There's no strict definition. It's not to be confused with omega lv mutants. We just know the characters who got classified as OLTs.

OK so the term Omega level telepath is absolutely meaningless when discussing who wins in a vs. Forum. We must strictly go by feats (not names).

So you named a feat which supports her, penetrating Logan. Was there a time that a telepath couldn't penetrate Logan (in any way)? Not feral Logan.

Lastly, isn't BPs tp defense technological? If so, then it was writer's intent that no tp can penetrate it, unless there is a scene where one does.

Time-Immemorial
And to be clear, i've never said abhi doesnt read comics. I've said he only cares about the feats.

What comics do you read? Last time I checked you continually got owned on Hero Chat.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8
OK so the term Omega level telepath is absolutely meaningless when discussing who wins in a vs. Forum. We must strictly go by feats (not names).

So you named a feat which supports her, penetrating Logan. Was there a time that a telepath couldn't penetrate Logan (in any way)? Not feral Logan.

Lastly, isn't BPs tp defense technological? If so, then it was writer's intent that no tp can penetrate it, unless there is a scene where one does.

It's not meaningless, as only the best of the best get that title.

Of course there was. Emma herself failed once. Or Emperor None.

See, again you show us you don't read this stuff at all. No, it's not technological in BP's case. Not even partially. It is said that he does have a "stealthy" mind, that's it. He has 2 feats. That's. It.

riv6672
Thsts not enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.