Do we accept novel blurbs and publisher summaries?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
They're not always too unreasonable, but are they canon?

I'm thinking of a few in particular:

- Marka Ragnos being dubbed "the most powerful of the most powerful" in Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith's publisher summary

- Darth Bane being "the dark side's most powerful master" as of his time according to the back cover of Dynasty of Evil

- Darth Plagueis being stated to be the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived up to and of his time in the back cover of Darth Plagueis

- The internal flap of Legacy of the Force: Invicible describing Caedus' aptitude of the Force as having surpassed even Darth Vader's

So, do we accept these?

DarthAnt66
No.

SunRazer
Oh, and remember to vote. I'll be counting KMC's votes to declare an official consensus.

The Ellimist
I say we take them as evidence, but not infallible decrees. The last two make statements that are reasonable enough to shift the burden to the other side to counter it.

The first two hardly state that said characters are the strongest of all time, it could just mean "currently alive".

SunRazer
I know. I mentioned that it only refers to their time.

The Ellimist
Right, so it doesn't even mean "up until their time", so those specific quotes are kind of useless - nobody disputes that Bane is the strongest sith that was alive at some point in his life.

SunRazer
I mentioned "up until their time" for Plagueis' quote, not Bane's. Plagueis' quote specifically makes use of the words "who ever lived", which refers to all of history until that in-universe moment.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Oh, and remember to vote. I'll be counting KMC's votes to declare an official consensus.
No one votes.

SunRazer
Get out.

Ziggystardust
There is nothing outside the text roll eyes (sarcastic)

So no. And I doubt it's a case of votes either. They're not part of the canon as it's defined. So if you're thinking of using appeals to popular belief, then let me remind you the same philosophy is commonly used to rationalize bribery. And in the past, slavery. thumb up

SunRazer
I've debated against ad populum arguments for ages now, and I'm aware that a majority does not make something canon. However, I doubt they'll be a verdict on this from the SW publishers, so we might as well establish an agreed norm on this board.

The Ellimist
It doesn't have to be either/or. To dismiss publisher summaries on face would be to argue that publishers possess no creative license over the continuity, and that's both empirically and legally false - they hold some sort of contractual license from Lucasfilms, and obviously influence the writers' storytelling decisions. There's no basis to dismiss their statements. That's not the same as using these blurbs as infallible statements, but they're still pieces of evidence.

SunRazer
Well, a number of people's support for/against this is hinged on the Plagueis quote, because if that turns out to be "accepted", then Plagueis > Vitate and thus TPM Sidious > Vitiate becomes the accepted norm.

And for our friends like Ziggy, no, that doesn't mean it becomes canon.

Syndicate
Unless it's supported by evidence ( I.E. feats ) then no.

SunRazer
So Yoda isn't more powerful than Rivi-Anu because he doesn't have better TK feats than supporting a falling capital ship, despite numerous quotes and all logical sense putting him above her?

SunRazer
The vote against is currently winning.

The Ellimist
The people against it have no actual basis in LFL policy beyond their personal opinion that the publishers care too much about money (???) or something.

Darth Abonis
Yes, from aa certain point of view

Deronn_solo
Somewhat, but not infallible.

Syndicate
So Yoda isn't more powerful than Rivi-Anu because he doesn't have better TK feats than supporting a falling capital ship, despite numerous quotes and all logical sense putting him above her?

Yoda manipulated two CIS transports. Rivu Ani only managed to hold up a Venerator class SD for a brief time. Yoda is thus superior.

The Ellimist
And if the 2003 Clone Wars hadn't been published, you'd have put Rivu Ani above Yoda?

SunRazer
Rivi Anu is from the 2003 Clone Wars, just the comic off-shoot.

The Ellimist
* if Yoda hadn't done that

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
And if the 2003 Clone Wars hadn't been published, you'd have put Rivu Ani above Yoda?

Why do you ask?

The Ellimist
It seems like your rebuttal was ad hoc, because we all know you'd still have Yoda > Rivi if he hadn't moved those transports.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
It seems like your rebuttal was ad hoc, because we all know you'd still have Yoda > Rivi if he hadn't moved those transports.

Heh. Heh heh...

SunRazer
The vote is currently tied.

SunRazer
A vote has been added to each side, so the result is still tied.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No.

thumb up

I'll be counting KMC's votes to declare an official consensus.

No-one gives a shit what you declare tbh.

SunRazer
True, there's too many of you morons voting for it to be worth caring about smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
There is nothing outside the text roll eyes (sarcastic)

So no. And I doubt it's a case of votes either. They're not part of the canon as it's defined. So if you're thinking of using appeals to popular belief, then let me remind you the same philosophy is commonly used to rationalize bribery. And in the past, slavery. thumb up Aren't they? Right, well this is canon as it's defined by Leland Chee:

"...continuity "C" canon which is pretty much everything else." By everything else I mean EVERYthing else. Novels, comics, junior novels, videogames, trading card games, roleplaying games, toys, websites, television. As I've mentioned earlier, any contradictions that arise are dealt on a case-by-case.

This has been our general approach to continuity since we began using the Holocron database to track it."

Pretty sure publishers summaries would come under "everything", so yes they are part of the canon "as it's defined."

Anyway I voted yes. Going by the above they should be treated as canon, and I personally find it hard to believe that a statement as specific as to state Caedus to be more powerful than Vader could be made arbitrarily and without consultance or at least vetting.

It also stands to reason that the publishers work closely with Lucasfilm, as is common when dealing with liscensed material, especially when that material has a monitored continuity.

However I also increasingly agree with Elliminst that even canon statements can be fallible. I think that would more so be the case for a publishing summary, and in general the further you move away from objective/movie Canon and Lucas Liscensing in general, this is especially true as of Legends.

FreshestSlice
And Bastila Shan is Dooku level. thumb up

Beniboybling
10/10 reading skills Fresh. smile

JKBart
smile

FreshestSlice
Beni, you said everything, and it's a pretty infallible statement. Either accept that Bastila is in the same league as Dooku, or kill yourself. These are the only two options.

JKBart
Suicide is never the solution smile

Unless u're Polish, muslim, black, immigrant, communist or libertarian smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Beni, you said everything, and it's a pretty infallible statement. Either accept that Bastila is in the same league as Dooku, or kill yourself. These are the only two options. When it lumps Yoda in the same tier with Windu and Vader, and Dooku in the same tier as Obi-Wan, against established facts both shown and stated, its accuracy and reliability should be brought into serious question, especially considering the source of origin. Nice try though. wink

On the other hand don't pretend you'd take it any less seriously if it were stated in the KOTOR campaign guide, lawls.

JKBart
Beni murdering Freshest brutally so far smile

Selenial
Freshest has been pretty ****ing lacklustre recently. It's been disappointing to watch his fall smile

JKBart
Originally posted by Selenial
Freshest has been pretty ****ing lacklustre recently. It's been disappointing to watch his fall smile

What's disappointing in seeing someone's failure and his way towards the darkness smile smile

Beniboybling
Well anyway did a little investigation into the contexts of that Bastila quote, and found something interesting:

"In the Star Wars Miniatures Game, Bastila could be thought of as a second-tier Jedi. She's clearly not as capable as characters such as Mace Windu, Jedi Master; Yoda, Jedi Master; or Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter; but she's roughly on par with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master or Darth Tyranus. Although her Defense and Attack are a bit low for a character of this cost, Triple Attack more than makes up for it. She also has Lightsaber Sweep and Lightsaber Deflect, again nicely fitting this second-tier niche."

https://sites.google.com/site/assfrancstarwarsmini/presentation-du-jeu/d-les-figurines/preview/set-5-champions-of-the-force/preview-6a

So essentially it's only putting Bastila on par with Kenobi and Dooku in the contexts of this game. Because they possess similar stats or abilities, but nowhere suggests this is true of actual continuity. Lmao.

cs_zoltan
Windu > Dooku tho.

Beniboybling
Nah Windu = Dooku according to Legends sources.

Selenial
Originally posted by JKBart
What's disappointing in seeing someone's failure and his way towards the darkness smile smile

Because in his prime he brought paine, agony and despiur wherever he went. Now only an hero smile smile smile

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well anyway did a little investigation into the contexts of that Bastila quote, and found something interesting:

"In the Star Wars Miniatures Game, Bastila could be thought of as a second-tier Jedi. She's clearly not as capable as characters such as Mace Windu, Jedi Master; Yoda, Jedi Master; or Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter; but she's roughly on par with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master or Darth Tyranus. Although her Defense and Attack are a bit low for a character of this cost, Triple Attack more than makes up for it. She also has Lightsaber Sweep and Lightsaber Deflect, again nicely fitting this second-tier niche."

https://sites.google.com/site/assfrancstarwarsmini/presentation-du-jeu/d-les-figurines/preview/set-5-champions-of-the-force/preview-6a

So essentially it's only putting Bastila on par with Kenobi and Dooku in the contexts of this game. Because they possess similar stats or abilities, but nowhere suggests this is true of actual continuity. Lmao.
Who are you to claim this game is inaacurate to the continuity, Beni?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
Not as disappointing as it will be to see the UK's fall. uhuh

Beniboybling
Who are you to claim this game is inaacurate to the continuity, Beni? *inaccurate wink

Anyway, lol, the source states Bastila can be considered in this way within the contexts of the game, nowhere is it stated they apply to continuity at large. The burden of proof is therefore on you to prove otherwise, and considering that again this source contradicts what we know to be the truth, you'll come up empty.

The Ellimist
There are also different versions of many miniature characters with entirely different stats.

FreshestSlice
*inaccurate wink

Anyway, lol, the source states Bastila can be considered in this way within the contexts of the game, nowhere is it stated they apply to continuity at large. The burden of proof is therefore on you to prove otherwise, and considering that again this source contradicts what we know to be the truth, you'll come up empty.
Bastila made a super holocron Beni. That means she was a super Jedi. She's arguably above Dooku.

cs_zoltan
Not as disappointing as it will be to see the UK's fall. uhuh

https://youtu.be/8kpHK4YIwY4?t=50s

The Ellimist
UK's citizens completing what William Wallace and George Washington started.

Ziggystardust
Aren't they? Right, well this is canon as it's defined by Leland Chee "...continuity "C" canon which is pretty much everything else." By everything else I mean EVERYthing else. Novels, comics, junior novels, videogames, trading card games, roleplaying games, toys, websites, television. As I've mentioned earlier, any contradictions that arise are dealt on a case-by-case."

Pretty sure publishers summaries would come under "everything", so yes they are part of the canon "as it's defined."

Beni,

C-canon is not literally defined as 'everything-everything'. There have been literal outlines as to what's considered canon, what isn't, and in what order of priority they're assorted in. These are structures that have been spelled-out before and after that statement was made. So please don't pretend to be stupid, and please don't pigeonhole the entire franchise with one of Chee's general comments. Similarly, I could meet your blatant sophistry with another equally foolhardy point - Seen as Chee gives us a nice list of what's considered 'C-canon' in that same excerpt you presented, where does he state publisher summaries come under that category? Or perhaps we could go with your personal view Beni - that everything is part of the 'canon'... so would that include the nutritional values written on the side of my Star Wars Easter egg? Anyway, as you rightly pointed out, Chee's responsible for holocroning. So he's the right person to cite on the matter. His additional statements make it clear that author views remain outside the continuum:

"In a nutshell, anything created by the author would be C-level. Anything in the the novels created by George Lucas (whether it comes from unpublished early script versions, unpublished author interviews with George, or George's revisions to the novelization manuscript) would be G-level unless contradicted by the films."

- Mr Chee himself

Author creations are considered c-level canon. Author summaries or their unofficial opinions are not. When it comes to personal notes, the only named authority is George Lucas himself.

Then you shall also treat my Star Wars calendar as canon. Although, I can't see anything displaying the 'ABY' system of year-counting. Instead, the dates are displayed much like a Gregorian calendar with the current year being 2016. Seen as everything is 'canon' I suppose it must also be 2016 in a galaxy far far away.

You are wrong. In fact, I'd argue that such a statement wouldn't have been vetted, seen as it was not detailed in a fictional creation and has no need to be. Going by LFL's policy of not wanting to hand out 'power-charts', it makes sense that the personal view of Caedus vs Vader is not written in an official work. It is not a fact and doesn't have to be taken as such. Jacen does not have to have a greater command of the force than his grandfather, and given his underwhelming feats, i'd say the opposite is true.

...Perhaps? It simply means they have had a long time to think about these things. But then again, so have some of us. In the end, the publishers summaries are just a little extra perspective and views that may or may not be true. And that is all they are.

Emperordmb
"In a nutshell, anything created by the author would be C-level. Anything in the the novels created by George Lucas (whether it comes from unpublished early script versions, unpublished author interviews with George, or George's revisions to the novelization manuscript) would be G-level unless contradicted by the films."

- Mr Chee himself
HOLY **** THANK YOU HOLY SHIT

I have dealt with people claiming the novelization is just as valid as the movie just because "LUCAS LOOKED AT AND EDITED TEH MANUSCRIPT!!!" And now I have the evidence to shut those people down.

Ziggystardust
Thank you for totally grasping the point of this thread DMB laughing out loud

Emperordmb
Eh I'm not overly interested in the topic of the thread, just saw a piece of evidence relevant to a very annoying persistent issue I've been confronted with in SW debating that'll make my life easier.

Ziggystardust

Beniboybling
Beni,

C-canon is not literally defined as 'everything-everything'. There have been literal outlines as to what's considered canon, what isn't, and in what order of priority they're assorted in. These are structures that have been spelled-out before and after that statement was made. So please don't pretend to be stupid, and please don't pigeonhole the entire franchise with one of Chee's general comments. Similarly, I could meet your blatant sophistry with another equally foolhardy point - Seen as Chee gives us a nice list of what's considered 'C-canon' in that same excerpt you presented, where does he state publisher summaries come under that category? Or perhaps we could go with your personal view Beni - that everything is part of the 'canon'... so would that include the nutritional values written on the side of my Star Wars Easter egg?Lol Ziggy, apply a little common sense. Obviously when Chee says "everything" he does not literally mean everything, and there are nuances to be considered here - but evidently the point he is trying to make is that C-Canon encompasses a very broad scope, and certainly doesn't give justification to limiting it to just the stuff in the book.

And he doesn't list sourcebooks either friend, he's obviously giving examples, not a complete list.Hmm? All this says is that that which is created by the author is canon, cool we know that, I'm not seeing anywhere in this quote were Chee is precluding everything else, which for the record would include a lot of the items he previously listed as falling within this category. Lol because it's not referring to the Star Wars universe, publishing summaries are, well spotted."You are wrong", "I'd argue", hmm so is this your opinion or fact? It's on the cover of the book friend, why would they vett the contents but not the cover?

As for not handing out power characters, Caedus > Vader is hardly a chart, and no different from the innumerable statements Legends and Canon that put X above Y, I'm sure you can think of some.

And cool that's your opinion, besides the point that this is a very specific claim though.Well you can believe that if you want, there wouldn't be a poll if it weren't a matter of opinion. wink

Emperordmb
@Ziggy:
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/de/ dee43ee86e13e449efc6f06ffd919b6beffb4640cd26a2c550
e36b2d405cf2df.jpg

Syndicate
*inaccurate wink

Holy sh!t Beni. Rape isn't the answer.

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb

I have dealt with people claiming the novelization is just as valid as the movie just because "LUCAS LOOKED AT AND EDITED TEH MANUSCRIPT!!!" And now I have the evidence to shut those people down.

Not really, the entire debate is about what defines a contradiction. Showing something the film doesn't touch isn't necessarily a contradiction, for example.

Emperordmb
Nah I'm talking about where the film literally makes it impossible for something in the book to have happened.

Syndicate
I view it as a supplementation personally.

Fated Xtasy
Ngl votes no.

Sorry BB stick out tongue

Beniboybling
http://66.media.tumblr.com/e0a9dce6eefefdf4e300499ad0ddc696/tumblr_o16hocgZeF1v5a6q9o2_250.gif

cs_zoltan

Anyone worth responding twice knows the novel is only canon if not contradicted...

The_Tempest

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e221fd023c43207c3f2b75bbac412877/tumblr_inline_nsejnxMq7b1tw4m37_500.gif

Love it.

Fated Xtasy
http://66.media.tumblr.com/e0a9dce6eefefdf4e300499ad0ddc696/tumblr_o16hocgZeF1v5a6q9o2_250.gif

Pff neither you, sel or aurb can be mad at this.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/f920bc2341252e62eb793ec80abbf579/tumblr_o54699l4zN1t2mdaeo1_500.gif

wink

The Merchant
Sometimes. Ragnos "most powerful of the most powerful" blurb also says he ruled the Galaxy with an Iron Fist when that's not true within the story. So who knows.

FreshestSlice
Nah I'm talking about where the film literally makes it impossible for something in the book to have happened.
When was that ever in question? No one has ever argued the books and the movies are the same level of Canon. At least not before the new continuity novels.

Emperordmb
No I've heard people argue the book takes precedence before and it's stupid.

SunRazer
Looks like the vote against has a hefty edge of 3 votes.

DarthAnt66

Deronn_solo
Holy shit Beni, look what you've just caught...

https://media.giphy.com/media/8GdjeYzll17qM/giphy.gif

Trocity
Originally posted by The Merchant
Sometimes. Ragnos "most powerful of the most powerful" blurb also says he ruled the Galaxy with an Iron Fist when that's not true within the story. So who knows.

I'm pretty sure it says he ruled the Sith Empire with an iron fist, not the galaxy.

Beniboybling
Lol, is that from the RotS novel?

EDIT: Ah it's from Luceno's "sequel", cool. Anyway, I'm reading the RotS novel now and my impression is that Stover certainly intended to depict Anakin to be the most powerful Jedi ever, as reflected in that blurb, but Canon has evidently gone with Lucas' original intentions (as the ANH + ROTJ novels attests to) that Vader > Anakin. Too bad I guess. thumb up

EDIT: One might also argue that because of that from a Legends perspective the OT novels are more reliable, yeah.

NewGuy01
Actually, in regards to Lucas, I'm not so sure. Pretty sure Lucas was the one Stover got that impression from in the first place; other people that worked closely with Lucas (like Nick Gillard and {forgot name}) have said similar things.

So has George himself, actually.

Nephthys
Anakin may indeed be the most powerful "Knight" in the Orders history, now that I think about it.

Ziggystardust
The fine print prevails...

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Actually, in regards to Lucas, I'm not so sure. Pretty sure Lucas was the one Stover got that impression from in the first place; other people that worked closely with Lucas (like Nick Gillard and {forgot name}) have said similar things.

So has George himself, actually. Lucas worked closely with all the authors, including those of the OT novelisations. He's also changed his mind more than once, hence why I said "original intentions." But he's gone now, so who cares. smile

SunRazer
Jedi Masters are still Jedi Knights and have been referred to as such.

Syndicate
Can I get an example Nova?

SunRazer
Example of?

Beniboybling
Of a Master being referred to as a Knight, like:

"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire."

thumb up

cs_zoltan
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11115/111155790/4931751-greatest.jpg

SunRazer
Yeah, there's bloody millions of those.

Nephthys
Old quote is old.

AncientPower
Anakin is the most powerful Knight in the entire history of the Order. Then he became even more powerful during Operation Knightfall, before losing that power on Mustafar.

Nephthys
Blurbs are invalid tho.

AncientPower
In your opinion, and at the suggestion of one Drew Karpyshyn. This novelisation was micro-managed by George Lucas himself and written based off of Lucas' own script.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
Anakin is the most powerful Knight in the entire history of the Order. Then he became even more powerful during Operation Knightfall, before losing that power on Mustafar. Too bad that's all been trashed. smile

Nephthys
Which Lucas himself then blatantly contradicted and overruled.

Like, its hilarious how people use the fact that Lucas read the book as if that made it more canon while ignoring that yeah, Lucas read the thing and then knowingly invalidated it himself, lol.

Syndicate
Thanks.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Which Lucas himself then blatantly contradicted and overruled.

Like, its hilarious how people use the fact that Lucas read the book as if that made it more canon while ignoring that yeah, Lucas read the thing and then knowingly invalidated it himself, lol.
Yeah, it's such bullshit when people say ROTS Novel>Movie or other Lucas statements just because "Lucas line edited it... OOOOOOOOOOH"

Beniboybling
Especially when the other novels he worked closely on say differently. smile thumb up

AncientPower
Too bad that's all been trashed. smile

Too bad no such thing has taken place.

Syndicate
Too bad no such thing has taken place.

Well, it technically has.

AncientPower
Yeah, it's such bullshit when people say ROTS Novel>Movie or other Lucas statements just because "Lucas line edited it... OOOOOOOOOOH"

That isn't the point at all, Neph is claiming that the blurb is invalid, when the case he is citing is some irrelevant TOR author.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Syndicate
Well, it technically has.

It hasn't, at all, using quotes to say Vader is far more powerful than the Vader that lost all his power is irrelevant.

Nephthys
That isn't the point at all, Neph is claiming that the blurb is invalid, when the case he is citing is some irrelevant TOR author.

Said author knows how the system works infinitely better than you or I do, since he's actually published multiple SW books. His opinion is far more valuable in this regard than anything you can say.

AncientPower
His opinion is based on experiences way outside of what would occur for a movie novelisation based on scripts.

Nephthys
And you know this because of your immense, personal experience in publishing, clearly.

AncientPower
I know this, because they have already stated, numerous times, that the workings of what was formerly known as C-canon and G-canon are entirely different when it comes to media.

ROTS novel was low tier G-canon, until the Disney take-over, and went through George Lucas himself, the book itself was written based on the movie script Lucas himself wrote. The process of publishing that and publishing generic C-canon is obviously not the same process.

You've clearly never read how Traviss got Mara killed without any publishers knowing about it until the book was printed and shipped.

cs_zoltan
AP, why do you always have to wank someone?

Syndicate
It hasn't, at all, using quotes to say Vader is far more powerful than the Vader that lost all his power is irrelevant.

I'm talking about Disney de-canonizing all those quotes.

Nephthys
I know this, because they have already stated, numerous times, that the workings of what was formerly known as C-canon and G-canon are entirely different when it comes to media.

ROTS novel was low tier G-canon, until the Disney take-over, and went through George Lucas himself, the book itself was written based on the movie script Lucas himself wrote. The process of publishing that and publishing generic C-canon is obviously not the same process.

You've clearly never read how Traviss got Mara killed without any publishers knowing about it until the book was printed and shipped.

Stated by whom? Why does it matter what level of canon it is, lmao. Lucas reading the thing doesn't magically get it published differently. You're talking completely out of your ass here.

Obviously, it was clearly published entirely differently and not by Del Ray who have published nearly every SW book for 40 ****ing years. The process of using the same publisher as every other book would obviously be vastly different because Lucas read it, duh. OH SHIT ITS ALMOST AS IF AP IS TALKING COMPLETELY OUT OF HER ASS OF SOMETHING.

Gosh its almost as if publishers dont know shit or something.

AncientPower
Holy shit, did you just claim Del Rey publishes every Star Wars book? Concession accepted. laughing out loud

Nephthys
Clearly the publishers of Death Troopers are reserved on for the upmost of G canon texts.

100% tu fax!!!

AncientPower
There are a good dozen other Star Wars publishers out there, and you claim I'm pulling stuff out of my ass when you clearly don't know a thing about Lucasfilm Publishing.

Nephthys
Well, because you are. There was nothing different about the publishing of the RotS novel that makes it special. So your claim that " the workings of what was formerly known as C-canon and G-canon are entirely different when it comes to media." is blatantly false. C-canon and G-canon the RotS novel which is still actually C-canon, were published in the exact same manner using the exact same publisher.

Of course, if you have evidence otherwise, post it.

We both know you don't though.

AncientPower
Except that movie media, just like with the recent TFA releases, all come under Lucasfilm Publishing umbrella and thus would recieve the same marketing and publishing policies as the rest of the movie's media. Common ****ing sense, Neph, do you have any?

You're taking the statement of an author who is completely irrelevant to the media in question and applying it to a completely different book series. All Drew said was that in his experience, the publisher summaries are handled by the marketing team. In HIS experience. What the **** kind of logic are you using where his sole experience applies to every book in the IP?

We all know the real reason you're argiing this Neph, don't worry, your Outlander will remain just as irrelevant as ever regardless of this quote.

Nephthys
So, you don't have any evidence to counter that of someone who has ACTUALLY published SW books?

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Do you have any evidence that the RotS novel recieved greater marketing and publishing policies over other novels? I mean, we all know you don't but I just want to see you fail to provide evidence for something you claim as fact once again.

Any evidence this quote was produced by anything greater than a marketing team? Not that there is any.....

AncientPower
Sit down like the fool you are and let the Queen of you teens go about her regal work. Lucas himself is implied to have written the summary in the first place.

Nephthys
haermm

So you can't prove anything about the publishing??? Good to know.

AncientPower
Denial is a poor man's game, though thinking about it, I guess you're used to that.

Nephthys
What am I denying exactly? The thing that has no relevance to the discussion?

Also I'm 26, I'm not exeacly a teenager,, lool

AncientPower
If Lucas himself line-edited the entire book, then your entire 'publisher summaries are invalid' manure is irrelevant.

Nephthys
How?

Lucas doesn't make the publishers more canon. He didn't work with them. And ultimately he still chose t willingly contradict most of the book.

AncientPower
At what point does Lucas having control of every line in the book mean that publisher summaries are relevant in this case?

Nephthys
W-what?

It doesn't????

Glad you agree with me???? laughing

NewGuy01
Neph has no chill rn, seriously.

At this point I'm getting the feeling that you two aren't even talking about the same thing, btw.

Syndicate
Yeah, I wish Neph would just accept Anakin as our Lord and Savior already. smile

NewGuy01
yes

Nephthys
I might be drunk atm, but I'm not nearly that drunk.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Nephthys
W-what?

It doesn't????

Glad you agree with me???? laughing

I can't believe you're this thick.

Nephthys
Lucas has nothing to do with the publisher summaries or blurbs.

AncientPower
Nope, he overrules them entirely by writing them.

Nephthys
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/uhwht.gif

AncientPower
An accurate depiction of your mental faculties. thumb up

Nephthys
Ok.

So, wheres the indication that Lucas wrote the blurb for the RotS book?

AncientPower
But hey, not as if common sense dictates anything here.

Nephthys
So...... nothing?

Yeah, we knew that.

AncientPower
Man, you enjoy your denial.

Beniboybling
It hasn't, at all, using quotes to say Vader is far more powerful than the Vader that lost all his power is irrelevant. Except none of them do friend. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.