Silver Surfer runs durability gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
These characters are trying to knock Surfer out in ten punches/energy blasts while Surfer is braced for the attacks. If Surfer survives, he is healed and advances to next round. Can he clear the list?

1. Quasar
2. Beta Ray Bill
3. Thor
4. Count Nefaria
(Classic)
5. Sentry (As shown in WWH 5)
6. WWH (As shown in WWH 5)

TheHulk
Surfer clears it smile

StiltmanFTW
Makes it to 2 at best.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Makes it to 2 at best.
agreed. He only clears it 2 times.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by riv6672

You think he'd survive 5 full power punches/energy blasts (depending on character), from Sentry, WWH or Nefaria? Thor himself has once said Nefaria performed a feat with casual ease that not even he could match. He also gave him more plaudits when he said he hadn't thought a foe with such mettle since he fought the Destroyer. And he also seemingly KO'd Thor with one hit briefly. Just before he stopped Mjolnir with one hand.

If he gets past Thor he's never getting past Nefaria.

riv6672
A lot of lip service (which doesnt fly on this site, sorry) and one unclear scan interpretation.
-shrug-

I'm fairly sure this thread will go for pages (or die a quick death), just getting my 2 cents in early, while the forum isnt heavily populated.

StiltmanFTW
(or die a quick death)

This is far more likely.

Surfer fans know well he has a glass jaw, so they won't bother defending him vin

One_Angry_Scot
A lot of lip service (which doesnt fly on this site, sorry) and one unclear scan interpretation.
-shrug-

I'm fairly sure this thread will go for pages (or die a quick death), just getting my 2 cents in early, while the forum isnt heavily populated.

So you don't think Nefaria is that much more powerful than the Surfer then? Or strong enough to accomplish his feat.

I didn't just mention them 3 things because that was all that was shown of Nefaria. I just thought just that gives you an idea of who would win. Surely you agree.

leonidas
it took thanos, what, 7 charged punches? and that was before his 'amp' in annihilation war. can they amp their hits? can they perform in 10 hits what it took thanos 7? just sayin....

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
These characters are trying to knock Surfer out in ten punches/energy blasts while Surfer is braced for the attacks. If Surfer survives, he is healed and advances to next round. Can he clear the list?

1. Quasar
2. Beta Ray Bill
3. Thor
4. Count Nefaria
(Classic)
5. Sentry (As shown in WWH 5)
6. WWH (As shown in WWH 5)

laughing laughing laughing

STILL obsessed with Norin, AKA The Kal Killer??

He clears!

Blue Area Vet

laughing

celeyhyga17
Some days he can clear.

Some days he gets knocked the eff out at 1.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
laughing laughing laughing

STILL obsessed with Norin, AKA The Kal Killer??

He clears! Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
laughing
facepalm

Blue Area Vet
facepalm

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=620057

Silver Surfer runs Superman family gauntlet
Thor vs Silver Surfer
Silver Surfer vs Quicksilver
Hal Jordan and Sinestro vs Silver Surfer
Superman vs Silver Surfer: Durability Comparison
Silver Surfer runs the team gauntlet
Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
Silver Surfer vs The Elite
Silver Surfer runs GL tasks challenge

facepalm

And posts are all since 11/15/15. How much rent are you charging Norrin for living in your brain? laughing

celeyhyga17

Thor vs Silver Surfer

facepalm

And posts are all since 11/15/15. How much rent are you charging Norrin for living in your brain? laughing
Holy shiet. Just checked through his thread starter history. It's basically all Silver Surfer or Thor related topics. Literally.

And right now Surfer is his current flavor of the month.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Holy shiet. Just checked through his thread starter history. It's basically all Silver Surfer or Thor related topics. Literally.

I've been saying this for a while. Dude is seriously spooked! "Must...protect...Kal...El!" stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
It's like a mother bear protecting its cub. It runs deep bro. Very deep.

abhilegend

Thor vs Silver Surfer

facepalm

Yes, I create threads about Surfer/Thor because they are interesting and actually generate some buzz.

Anything else you want to know?Originally posted by celeyhyga17

And right now Surfer is his current flavor of the month.
Haha, what? I've created less than 15 threads since last year and most of the threads showing there are updated threads.

Let's see your thread history, shall we?

Is Superman far and away more powerful than Thor and Surfer?
Deathstroke, Black Panther, & Midnighter vs Superman
Hyperion vs Doomsday
Hulk & Gladiator vs Superman & Wonder Woman
Superman (New 52) vs Superman (pre-Flashpoint)
Hyperion vs Wraith
Ultraman vs Blue Marvel

BAV isn't even worth looking for.

But why is my thread creating history is important here?Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I've been saying this for a while. Dude is seriously spooked! "Must...protect...Kal...El!" stick out tongue Originally posted by celeyhyga17
You two ladies finished bitching?

carver9
ABHI, that's kinda creepy that you're clinging to these characters like this because of your love for Superman. I will never understand.

Blue Area Vet

laughing

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
ABHI, that's kinda creepy that you're clinging to these characters like this because of your love for Superman. I will never understand.

There's a diagnosis in there, somewhere.

Blue Area Vet
Yes, I create threads about Surfer/Thor because they are interesting and actually generate some buzz.

Anything else you want to know?
Haha, what? I've created less than 15 threads since last year and most of the threads showing there are updated threads.

Hyperion vs Doomsday
Hyperion vs Wraith
Ultraman vs Blue Marvel

BAV isn't even worth looking for.

But why is my thread creating history is important here?
You two ladies finished bitching?

No worth looking for = There is no evidence BAV is pathologically obsessed with one character like I am

eek!

Try harder, Abster. Do you actually think people here don't see you for what you are?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28superman%29+userid%3A28664

Injustice Superman vs Thor
Team battle is better: Superman or Thanos
Hyperion/Thor vs DCNU Superman/Wonder Woman
Can Superman tag Quicksilver
Hrithik (Krrish) vs Superman (BvS)
Superman (Superman returns) vs Doomsday
Agent Smith/Hancock vs MOS Superman/Zod
Jane/Angela vs Superman DCNU
PC Captain Marvel vs PC Superman
DCNU Darkseid vs Sun Dip Superman - OWAW
Superman vs Flash PIS AND CIS OFF
New 52 Superman vs DOS Doomsday
Sodam Yat vs DCNU Superman
DCNU Wonder Woman/Superman vs Thor/Beta Ray Bill
Loki/Doctor Doom vs Superman/Martian Manhunter
Fist Fight: DCNU Superman vs Thanos
Odin Force Thor vs OWAW Superman

Just from last six months.

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28superman%29+userid%3A28664

Injustice Superman vs Thor
Team battle is better: Superman or Thanos
Hyperion/Thor vs DCNU Superman/Wonder Woman
Can Superman tag Quicksilver
Hrithik (Krrish) vs Superman (BvS)
Superman (Superman returns) vs Doomsday
Agent Smith/Hancock vs MOS Superman/Zod
Jane/Angela vs Superman DCNU
PC Captain Marvel vs PC Superman
DCNU Darkseid vs Sun Dip Superman - OWAW
Superman vs Flash PIS AND CIS OFF
New 52 Superman vs DOS Doomsday
Sodam Yat vs DCNU Superman
DCNU Wonder Woman/Superman vs Thor/Beta Ray Bill
Loki/Doctor Doom vs Superman/Martian Manhunter
Fist Fight: DCNU Superman vs Thanos
Odin Force Thor vs OWAW Superman

Just from last six months.

And? confused

abhilegend
No worth looking for = There is no evidence BAV is pathologically obsessed with one character like I am

eek!

Try harder, Abster. Do you actually think people here don't see you for what you are?
laughing out loud

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=superman+userid%3A143213

There you go.

abhilegend
And? confused
Can you get back to topic?

leonidas
holy f*** can you guys please shut the hell up? how many threads gotta degenerate into sh!t because of the same group of people? abhi, for the love of god, put them on ignore if you have to but you gotta stop responding. it just makes things worse and i'm kinda tired of reading all the sh!t in some of these threads lately. erm

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
holy f*** can you guys please shut the hell up? how many threads gotta degenerate into sh!t because of the same group of people? abhi, for the love of god, put them on ignore if you have to but you gotta stop responding. it just makes things worse and i'm kinda tired of reading all the sh!t in some of these threads lately. erm
Yeah, that's the only thing that can be done at this point.

This isn't worth it. There goes BAV on ignore.

Blue Area Vet

You're trying to save him??? laughing out loud

Do you know of endless threads Abby has shat upon? Funny how you never popped up to console anyone else. You couldn't be more transparent, little Leo. Put yourself on ignore and stop your selective whining.

Hey Abby, toughen up. Your always talking about pushing someone's shit in like you're some sort of savage, yeah when faced with the utter horror of the titles of your own threads, you throw a tantrum. I thought you had steel resolve?

Power Cosmic II
Surfer's highest durability feat during annihilation was surviving attacks from 2 Galactus level beings as well as channeling the energies of the crunch. Only after that was he KO'd.

He clears this

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Surfer's highest durability feat during annihilation was surviving attacks from 2 Galactus level beings as well as channeling the energies of the crunch. Only after that was he KO'd.

He clears this

You shouldn't really base your point on one feat though. Because Thanos beat him to death and I doubt even with charged punches he is nowhere near Tenebrous and Aegis.

abhilegend

He clears this
What? Surfer was almost dead at that point.

But hey, nobody said that its only the highest showings which are considered here.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
You shouldn't really base your point on one feat though. Because Thanos beat him to death and I doubt even with charged punches he is nowhere near Tenebrous and Aegis.

Annihilation surfer is the "current" surfer on terms of power levels since Galactus gave him an upgrade.

Thanos punching him out was over 20 years ago before the IG saga.

Delta1938

Hell, I honestly think the Thanos example is a high end feat for Surfer, or a low showing for Thanos(or a bit of both) since I can think of a number of times where he's KOed by lesser opponents in fewer attacks, without resorting to low showings.

Power Cosmic II
What? Surfer was almost dead at that point.

But hey, nobody said that its only the highest showings which are considered here.

And? At what point was he KO'd prior to being "almost dead?"

This is "current" surfer by default. Annihilation surfer is more powerful than the one thanos knocked out because galactus gave him an upgrade during Annihilation and it hasn't been removed IIRC.

One_Angry_Scot
Annihilation surfer is the "current" surfer on terms of power levels since Galactus gave him an upgrade.

Thanos punching him out was over 20 years ago before the IG saga.

Sure I do know this, the point I was making was that you are picking one feat and saying he can survive because of it.

abhilegend
And? At what point was he KO'd prior to being "almost dead?"

He might as well be koed after Tenebrous smashed him on that planet.

Well, duh. That same Surfer was oneshotted by an alternate Adam Warlock (albeit with a cheapshot) and Thanos no sold his attacks just like "twenty years ago". Some power up , huh?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3554375-5658965161-27956.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fqv1usG.jpg

The upgrade was in itself ambiguous enough, it never stuck in actual comics. To dismiss anything before Annihilation as a "weaker" surfer is simply inane.

Blue Area Vet
Sure I do know this, the point I was making was that you are picking one feat and saying he can survive because of it.

Okay, first off, everyone does it including the guy here who hates Surfer with his dying breath. Second, the Superman principle applies here- his mindset. Superman acolytes refer to so called OWAW mindset Superman as if he was a separate character, but he isn't. Surfer knew what was at stake, so it's a little more than simply a high showing, it's what he is truly capable of. Superman fans endorse this view.

Blue Area Vet
He might as well be koed after Tenebrous smashed him on that planet.

Well, duh. That same Surfer was oneshotted by an alternate Adam Warlock (albeit with a cheapshot) and Thanos no sold his attacks just like "twenty years ago". Some power up , huh?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3554375-5658965161-27956.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fqv1usG.jpg

The upgrade was in itself ambiguous enough, it never stuck in actual comics. To dismiss anything before Annihilation as a "weaker" surfer is simply inane.

Its didn't stick? It stuck so hard some people were arguing he was above tier for herald battles.

celeyhyga17

Anything else you want to know?

Hyperion vs Doomsday
Hyperion vs Wraith
Ultraman vs Blue Marvel

Lol. First you picked those out from a 2 yr span and are not followed by the requisite scan dumps and wank rants. You have what, haldf a dozen Surfer bait threads in a few months? Second, I invite you to compare my list to yours. Trust me... It won't be pretty.

abhilegend
Lol. First you picked those out from a 2 yr span and are not followed by the requisite scan dumps and wank rants. You have what, haldf a dozen Surfer bait threads in a few months? Second, I invite you to compare my list to yours. Trust me... It won't be pretty. Originally posted by abhilegend
Can you get back to topic?

celeyhyga17
Surfer highs gets him through.

Stops at 2 if regular portrayals. Ten straight up Stormbreaker hammer shots w/o even rolling or shielding? Bracing or not, there are not many heralds that can eat that kind of punishment.

Blue Area Vet
Lol. First you picked those out from a 2 yr span and are not followed by the requisite scan dumps and wank rants. You have what, haldf a dozen Surfer bait threads in a few months? Second, I invite you to compare my list to yours. Trust me... It won't be pretty.

That's why he wants to get back "on topic." He's been exposed. He tried posting other posters thread history and soon realized he's the only pathologically obsessed poster among us. All these Surfer threads since 11/15/15, all for the love of Kal, freaking sad.

riv6672

Thor vs Silver Surfer

facepalm

I've done this to him at HC. laughing

The difference between a fan and a fanboy is a fanboy actively tries to put other characters down for no particular reason.

Blue Area Vet
I've done this to him at HC. laughing

The difference between a fan and a fanboy is a fanboy actively tries to put other characters down for no particular reason.

SEEMINGLY no reason. And then other fanboys of the same denomination try to save him by climbing atop their high horses and acting as arbiters for peace. I'm onto all the games being played.

cdtm
Read this as "Silver Surfer runs disability gauntlet", and expected it to be a jobber contest with the likes of Martian Manhunter..

riv6672
Owtch.

Genii96
On a good day he clears it.
Is he allowed to block or even make a forcefield?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Genii96
On a good day he clears it.
Is he allowed to block or even make a forcefield?

That is NOT what the OP wants to hear! mad stick out tongue

Fiendish
it took thanos, what, 7 charged punches? and that was before his 'amp' in annihilation war. can they amp their hits? can they perform in 10 hits what it took thanos 7? just sayin....

Technically it was 8 punches and Thanos started the attack with a surprise energy blast to Surfer's back.

http://i.imgur.com/BOKybc9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zhhxoVF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pIv7KQo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y8ZIhpE.jpg

h1a8
it took thanos, what, 7 charged punches? and that was before his 'amp' in annihilation war. can they amp their hits? can they perform in 10 hits what it took thanos 7? just sayin.... But that was death, this is to a ko. And plus SS wasn't braced. Also Thor KOed SS in a few hits before.

abhilegend
Surfer highs gets him through.

Stops at 2 if regular portrayals. Ten straight up Stormbreaker hammer shots w/o even rolling or shielding? Bracing or not, there are not many heralds that can eat that kind of punishment.
Just punches.

celeyhyga17
Just punches.
So just punches and or blasts? Possibly ends at two and most likely ends at 3.

Bracing ain't gonna do sheet because if one or two attacks stagger you, you're most likely going to eat the others hard.

abhilegend
So just punches and or blasts? Possibly ends at two and most likely ends at 3.

Bracing ain't gonna do sheet because if one or two attacks stagger you, you're most likely going to eat the others hard.
Yeah, just punches and blasts.

leonidas
Originally posted by Fiendish
Technically it was 8 punches and Thanos started the attack with a surprise energy blast to Surfer's back.

http://i.imgur.com/BOKybc9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zhhxoVF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pIv7KQo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y8ZIhpE.jpg

thumb up

it took thanos all that (and we saw recently what ONE blow did to war machine.....) but and we assume everyone on this list can replicate that feat--and possibly end it much faster? hmmm, that's interesting. i'm not so sure about that....

h1a8
thumb up

it took thanos all that (and we saw recently what ONE blow did to war machine.....) but and we assume everyone on this list can replicate that feat--and possibly end it much faster? hmmm, that's interesting. i'm not so sure about that.... Thor KOed Surfer in a few hits.
Thanos killed Surfer. This thread is for a ko (not to a kill).
It takes significantly less power to ko than to kill.

h1a8
Surfer is more powerful now though. He almost brought Thanos to a knee with a very casual blast. Any more current durability showings?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.