GL Hal Jordan Vs Silver Surfer slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_scale,h_365,w_576/t_mp_quality/green-lantern-punch-wait-so-green-lantern-will-be-in-batman-v-superman-jpeg-278401.jpg

No prep
No BFR.

http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/47437/1218858-theincrediblehulkv24161lv7.jpg

leonidas
i'd take jordan. assuming both can amp and protect themselves, jordan would just refuse to lose in this scenario imo.

ghostman
surfer, two piecing beta ray bill and the hulk showing put him far above jordan in a slugfest

Blue Area Vet
Not a contest, Surfer.

golem370
He did fight a amped Champion too

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
...assuming both can amp and protect themselves...
Thats what they can do yeah, and try to beat the piss out of each other.
I always wondered how "strong" a GL can be...

Genii96
Surfer

riv6672
Thanks. thumb up

Genii96
Didn't surfer 3 shot an amped skaar?

Zack M
Hal.

carver9
Surfer takes this. Hla Jordan is good but he isn't beating someone who is physically Superman level in a fist fight.

Zack M
laughing out loud

riv6672
@Carver

Then what level can a GL (an elite one at any rate) amp himself to?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
@Carver

Then what level can a GL (an elite one at any rate) amp himself to?

Any level he can imagine, man. smokin'

- Green lantern fans high on PCP

riv6672
Well, thats kind of an answer. Hopefully Carver elaborates. stick out tongue

Genii96
What's hal's best h2h feats?

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer takes this. Hla Jordan is good but he isn't beating someone who is physically Superman level in a fist fight.

laughing No.

riv6672
^^^so he CAN beat someone who is physically Superman level in a fight in YO? Good to know.

leonidas
jordan can amp himself to hit nearly as hard as superman and he has more experience going h2h. some of his fights against sinestro have been brutal h2h combats. ss MAY be stronger, doesn't mean he'd win this fight though.

Genii96
SS has gone h2h against BRB,Abom,Skaar,Hulk,warbound,krosakis,champion etc.... He is stronger,and would win this

riv6672
I just never got into the "he's stronger he wins" mind set, when the difference isnt overwhelming. There's got to be a LITTLE more to it i think.
Like i said a couple days ago, Punisher can out bench Lady Shiva, but she'd win a fight.

Blue Area Vet
I just never got into the "he's stronger he wins" mind set, when the difference isnt overwhelming. There's got to be a LITTLE more to it i think.
Like i said a couple days ago, Punisher can out bench Lady Shiva, but she'd win a fight.

Disagree, Frank would force rape her ass.

Zack M
laughing out loud idiot strikes again.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud idiot strikes again.

Idiots waste their time making spite threads in between tossing Superman's salad.

abhilegend
Hal has actually done something in h2h.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Genii96
SS has gone h2h against BRB,Abom,Skaar,Hulk,warbound,krosakis,champion etc.... He is stronger,and would win this

Surfer with the clear win.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Surfer with the clear win.
Hal has actually knocked Mongul via sheer strength, punched Henshaw's jaw clean off and knocked Black Lantern Spectre's jaw off with one construct.

He is going to pummel Surfer here. You don't get in a fist fight with highball.

riv6672
Thanks for chiming in, abhi.

krisblaze
Does Hal get the 2x4?

riv6672
Thats a no. Its a slugfest not wood shop.

krisblaze
Then surfer.

psycho gundam
Remember a few days ago it was said so this thread is to try and make his strength minus blasting look bad, too.

Next thread is speed

StiltmanFTW
So, your unnatural urges got the offtopic thread closed? biscuits

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Remember a few days ago it was said so this thread is to try and make his strength minus blasting look bad, too.

Next thread is speed
Yeah, that Riv is sure a surfer hater

thumb up

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So, your unnatural urges got the offtopic thread closed? biscuits Chaos and discord fallow in my wake

StiltmanFTW
Chaos and discord fallow in my wake

laughing out loud

How many days of jail will Time get this time? 7 again?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hal has actually knocked Mongul via sheer strength, punched Henshaw's jaw clean off and knocked Black Lantern Spectre's jaw off with one construct.

So is that a low showing for Mongul or a high showing for GL? Still up to your old tricks.

riv6672

Next thread is speed
No idea what you're talking about.
Did i even post in the thread you're mentioning? I skip a lot of threads here, when i feel they're crappy or started by shit posters.

Yeah, that Riv is sure a surfer hater

thumb up
My bad, didnt mean to infringe your copyright. wink

JayDaDon

Surfers catalogue is better. The black lanterns is eh, I can't judge much on that one. The BL's bodies are zombified bodies. Only one that is interesting is the Mongul one to me. Mind posting that one? Not that one feat changes everything but...

zopzop
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Not a contest, Surfer.

Blue Area Vet
^^^so he CAN beat someone who is physically Superman level in a fight in YO? Good to know.

I'm he's like "Yeah....wait a sec, no..I mean...hold on..."

h1a8
Originally posted by ghostman
surfer, two piecing beta ray bill and the hulk showing put him far above jordan in a slugfest BRB was greatly stunned from the board. It was a 3 hit attack where the board did a lot.

h1a8
SS has gone h2h against BRB,Abom,Skaar,Hulk,warbound,krosakis,champion etc.... He is stronger,and would win this Going against an opponent doesn't mean you are stronger. Colossus went against Hulk and Gladiator (he even beat Hulk).

Genii96
Well surfer was the gladiator champ of sakaar, beat up the warbound (each strong MA fighters and each a savage hulk lvl threat,this without amping,)
Surfer has the edge in everything

Blue Area Vet
Well surfer was the gladiator champ of sakaar, beat up the warbound (each strong MA fighters and each a savage hulk lvl threat,this without amping,)

VERY good point my man.

riv6672
Thst IS good. abhi listed some good stuff for Hal, though.
I dont want to beat a dead horse but i'm undecided, personally.

Blue Area Vet
Thst IS good. abhi listed some good stuff for Hal, though.
I dont want to beat a dead horse but i'm undecided, personally.

You've GOT to be kidding me, really? Wow. Abby is always going to argue highs for his D.C. boys, he doesn't even try to disguise it. He does the exact opposite for characters he doesn't like. He even said Hal isn't a strength character earlier.

riv6672
abhi uses the truth when he thinks its enough.
The feats he listed are legit.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Surfers catalogue is better. The black lanterns is eh, I can't judge much on that one. The BL's bodies are zombified bodies. Only one that is interesting is the Mongul one to me. Mind posting that one? Not that one feat changes everything but...
How is his catalog better? I don't see Surfer knocking off Henshaw's jaw when he has several GL rings as well.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gwFWeE9iFwc/Vm6w2ibSEnI/AAAAAAAAKM0/lLh1VQGx04I/s1600-Ic42/RCO009.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gb9sFqSeVHk/Vm6w2xDQfWI/AAAAAAAAKM0/VviyeA0Xwso/s1600-Ic42/RCO010.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xhN_OD1Z4_o/Vm6w3yYIOcI/AAAAAAAAKM0/YR1hTytjJ-0/s1600-Ic42/RCO015.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-323gD1EntvI/Vm6w31V866I/AAAAAAAAKM8/BGkPDIWo-14/s1600-Ic42/RCO016.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kq_jVE_GGxw/Vm6w4N6iM1I/AAAAAAAAKM0/4BnGmTCQejw/s1600-Ic42/RCO017.jpg

abhilegend
Warbound were weakened.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
You've GOT to be kidding me, really? Wow. Abby is always going to argue highs for his D.C. boys, he doesn't even try to disguise it. He does the exact opposite for characters he doesn't like. He even said Hal isn't a strength character earlier.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
For not being a strength character Hal has some good fights with strength characters.

Blue Area Vet
For not being a strength character Hal has some good fights with strength characters.

So does Black Bolt, but this is a slugfest, not a battle. BB and BP are my favorite characters, but that doesn't mean I'm betting on BB to come out on top in a slugfest with Immortal Herc or for BP to win a slugfest with Kaine.

riv6672
Well i was actually referring to Hal's fist fights with strength characters (the fights abhi cited).
For not being noted for strength, he does awfully well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.