Palpatine and Sith Spirits Quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I recall a quote being used by LeGenD dealing with Palpatine discussing how he was almost killed by Sith spirits. Can someone provide the quote and source?

AncientPower
Pretty sure it's Book of Sith, from his own admittance. I might be misremembering though.

MythLord

Fated Xtasy
I wonder if Ragnos was among the spirits that nearly killed Sheev? :mmm:

MythLord
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I wonder if Ragnos was among the spirits that nearly killed Sheev? :mmm:
It was a comment made in the Book of the Sith passage referring to Plagueis' experience with Sith Spirits, which we know has Marka as an example. Also, Ragnos himself is one of the raining spirits on Korriban, so I find it likely he was amongst the spirits that nearly killed Sheev.

The Ellimist
So an unknown amount of spirits can kill Sidious in an unknown context? Ancient sith supreme confirmed.

Beniboybling
Can? Evidently those spirits failed. smokin'

Zenwolf
Curious, Palps says at the end, his writings in them were from 20 years ago. 20 years from...what? Anyone know?

Edit: Oh nvrm, seems around the time he made himself Emperor.

Syndicate
Pretty sure he wrote the Book of the Sith around RotS.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by The Ellimist
So an unknown amount of spirits can kill Sidious in an unknown context? Ancient sith supreme confirmed.

Since there were none of them around in the time of Bane, I wonder how numerous those sith spirits (in their weakened forms) could have been one-thousand years later. laughing out loud

AncientPower
He wrote it before Dark Empire, as he references his own demise at Vader's hand and I'm almost certain Luke finds it among remains around Byss.

The_Tempest
The scenario came from one of the Star Wars Gamer magazines. I'll post the excerpt when I'm at my PC tonight.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
He wrote it before Dark Empire, as he references his own demise at Vader's hand and I'm almost certain Luke finds it among remains around Byss.

But then at the beginning Luke suggests that it was made after he had just become Emperor?...

So?

But then again, I guess he could have added to it later.

Beniboybling
Yeah the part being discussed here is an annotation.

Darth Abonis
He journeyed to Korriban during his reign and demanded that the Sith Spirits give him more knowledge, and they, jealous of his power, nearly destroyed him. He was in a bacta tank, and Vader did nothing to try and kill him. Then when his clone body was deteriorating, he consulted the spirits and instead of killing him, told him to possess Anakin Solo, then an infant. Why they didn't try and kill him again is a mystery to me, but perhaps they were different spirits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.