Prodigies that flamed out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Which Force users featured enormous initial growth curves followed by relative stagnation? Note that we're not talking about incompetence, just Force ability.

Ex:

Vitiate
Kyle Katarn
Some would say Kyp Durron
Meetra Surik
Jaden Korr

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Kyle Katarn
Jaden Korr

Eat a giant back of dicks.....

Barbeque.

Anyways probably Tachi and Olin

NewGuy01
Yeah, Kyp's the biggest one for sure.

DarthAnt66
Nem Bees.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, Kyp's the biggest one for sure.
sad

AncientPower
Anakin Skywalker.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nem Bees.
He never flamed out you ******

carthage
Darth Bane

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
sad

Cant fight the truth. He was supposed to be the GOAT, ended up forgotten and irrelevant to basically every NJO/Legacy story.

Emperordmb
The New Jedi Order era kinda shat on the story telling potential of several Jedi built up as powerhouses LOL

Beniboybling
Originally posted by carthage
Darth Bane Bane was a false prodigy. smile

Jmanghan
I feel like Jaden Korr was supposed to surpass Kyle Katarn eventually, but they just lost interest after Riptide.

Emperordmb
Iirc there was supposed to be a third Jaden novel, but it got killed by the Disney deal/continuity reboot

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Iirc there was supposed to be a third Jaden novel, but it got killed by the Disney deal/continuity reboot **** Disney, though they gave us Rebels so I guess its forgiven kinda.

I imagine it was gonna cover Jaden's little skirmish with Krayt's forces.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
though they gave us Rebels so I guess its forgiven kinda.

lel

Unbowed
What about Maul?

If SOD Maul was roughly around Dooku's level(I don't think that's debatable) after losing half of his body(and thus, Force potential) and spending a decade as a junkyard dog, a Maul with his full body and a decade or two more of apprenticeship under Sidious would be incredibly powerful.

Petrus
Vitiate - considering all of his cosmical knowledge on the dark side, all the rituals he made to become more powerful, etc. he should in theory shit on Sidious and be waaay more powerful than he actually is.

Kyp Durron - what NewGuy said.

Meetra Surik - She was all good and powerful until she got shit on by Nyriss. I give her more credit than most of people here, due to the specific circumstances of their encounter, but it was still a disappointing screw up from Karpyshyn.

Jaden Korr - wasn't he supposed to surpass Kyle by a considerable margin and become a really powerful Jedi?

Vader - I'm not sure if his stagnation in relation to his potential has to do with his limb losing and 'more machine than man', or if it has more to do with his psychological and mental states, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He never flamed out you ******

thumb up

Anyways, Vitiate.

Darth Abonis
Kajin Savaros
Irek Ismaran

Emperordmb
Irek made it a lot further than he logically should have lmfao, he hardly flamed out

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
Anakin Skywalker.
That's only because he lept into his own furnace heart and burned.

This is what it's like to be Anakin Skywalker.........................................................................................................................................................................................................Forever.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Unbowed
What about Maul?

If SOD Maul was roughly around Dooku's level(I don't think that's debatable) after losing half of his body(and thus, Force potential) and spending a decade as a junkyard dog, a Maul with his full body and a decade or two more of apprenticeship under Sidious would be incredibly powerful.

Meh seems to me he never loses his Force prowess, getting cut in half just made him stronger and even now in Rebels he doesn't appear to have waned in power either, despite spending who knows how long in isolation.

Kurk
Originally posted by Unbowed
What about Maul?

As powerful as Dooku in terms of what? Raw potential? Sure, I can see that. In terms of overall knowledge and mastery of the force, Maul doesn't hold a candle. I can see his telekinesis powers rivaling Dooku's though. He simply isn't as refined; nothing that a couple more years under Sidious couldn't accomplish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.