Rogue one opening crawl??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/28/star-wars-rogue-one-opening-crawl-poll

I would say no

It's already not fully Star Wars with no lightsabers(most likely), so no need for this.....

queeq
I would welcome an alternative for these stand alone films. They do seem to feel like prologues to a big story. The stand alone movies could be considered separately.

JediRobin23
I like the fact to keep the episodes there own....

Start interfering with the main...

Episode 7 started anew, some pressure on 8

On the topic, if rogue one sucks then there's an excuse not to connect it....

batman
Personally, I wouldn't mind if they don't use the opening crawl for Rogue one. I think it may be a good way of seperating the spinoff films from the actual star wars episodes. Who knows, but maybe the anthology films should get their own opening crawl?

If they're too similar to the episodes, I feel like your average audience member is just gonna be confused, especially considering they sem ot have dropped the Roman Numerals for the Star Wars episodes when it comes to marketing them, even if they are in the opening crawls.

Indisposable
I wont be dissapointed if there is no crawl, but watching the Rogue one livestream of the premier one of the writers said he was excited for writing the "crawl" So maybe there is one

queeq
There is no crawl.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by queeq
There is no crawl. Wrong franchise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.