You will not stop me, Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
What was Sidious' end game exactly? Anakin obviously would've tried to overthrow him and Palpatine intended to rule forever.

Syndicate
He wanted an apprentice who could continue the Banite line at least as of RotS.

Kurk
I doubt that. Sidious is a greedy bastard.

Dark-Kenshin
In the Plagues novel though, Sidious seems to think that he will be the end of the rule of 2, having fulfilled its purpose in having created the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever seen and getting revenge on the Jedi.

Chosen_Sith
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
In the Plagues novel though, Sidious seems to think that he will be the end of the rule of 2, having fulfilled its purpose in having created the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever seen and getting revenge on the Jedi.

I personally think when he said that line to Yoda it was more of a.. "Even if you win here it doesn't matter."

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Chosen_Sith
I personally think when he said that line to Yoda it was more of a.. "Even if you win here it doesn't matter."

Agreed

Kurk
By definition all interpretations are valid. Sidious said to Anakin, "I need your help son" therefore Sidious is secretively Anakin's biological father.

NewGuy01
In all likelyhood, it's an inconsistency. In the canon, Sidious is legitimately looking for a successor.

However, another way to interpret it is that Sidious thought he could manipulate Anakin's mental weakness to keep him as a puppet regardless of his power.

relentless1
as far as the novelizations and movies are concerned it really seems as if Sidious knew that Vader would eventually overthrow him...by getting the Chosen One to be his last apprentice he insured that even if he was to be felled that the Sith line would carry on under an even more powerful Force user than himself...even in the OT Vader tells Luke that the Emperor had already foreseen Vader and Luke overthrowing him so Palpatine knows its gonna happen sooner or later...Treachery is the way of the Sith....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.