The Witcher movie (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CPT Space Bomb
So, FINALLY, the great universe of The Witcher is being made into a live action film!

How many of you are even familiar with the material and for those that are, who should play Geralt?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/33/92/72/3392724855be72136d92a1ce64dda1b9.jpg

My top 3 choices are:

1. Hugh Jackman
2. Mads Mikkelsen
3. Anson Mount

Patient_Leech
Never heard of it, but looks pretty cool.

Omega Vision
Viggo Mortensen could play a decent Geralt I bet.

Wouldn't mind seeing Nikolaj Waldau (Jamie Lannister) as Geralt either.

quanchi112
Beat the second game and own the third just haven't devoted the time to go through that awesome game. High hopes for this to be good but my expectations based off the games would be very high.

StiltmanFTW
Won't be the first movie, actually.

There was a tv series, too. Way before the game.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Never heard of it, but looks pretty cool. Well, if you like RPG's Witcher 3 is perhaps the greatest Western RPG ever made.

That being said, the games are based off of the books written by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. He created a dark, mature themed world with great characters and compelling political drama. Think Game of Thrones with a bunch of monsters and a handful of Super Soldier type characters (called Witchers) that are "made" to destroy said monsters.

Originally posted by quanchi112
my expectations based off the games would be very high. Yah, that is one problem. After Witcher 3 the bar is set so f**king high that I have a hard time believing the movie can possibly live up to the games. Especially since CD Projekt Red is not going to be involved at all apparently. Still, I love the books and the games so I'm hoping the movie can be great as well.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Won't be the first movie, actually.

There was a tv series, too. Way before the game. Well, technically the Polish show/movie was titled "The Hexer" and it wasn't really true to the source material. It was close but strayed in many dumb ways like Vessimir not even being a Witcher or Geralt using a Katana...stupid stuff like that.

BruceSkywalker
I need to lay the game....

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I need to lay the game.... Yes, yes you do. thumb up

Surtur
True story Poland gave the president the first Witcher game as a gift. I wonder if Obama beat it?

Kazenji
My only exposure to the Witcher are the games, Haven't read the books which they're based on

the Mummy Producer are involved with the movie, Don't expect a movie on par with Lotr Quality.

jaden101
Terrible idea.

But as for Gerald. Josh Holloway could work. As could Kevin Mckidd

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by jaden101
Terrible idea.
Um, why? The Witcher games are based on the books, which is what the movie is going to be based on. It's a dark, mature world with politics and magic/monsters. Sign me up.

IF they do it right. If they make it even 1/3 as good as the last Witcher game was it's going to be fantastic.

Surtur
Yes if they do it right it could be good, but they very often don't do movies based on games right. I realize it was also a book, but yeah..it's the video games that are the reason this is even getting made.

Impediment
Is the Witcher 3 really that good? I've never played any of the games.

jaden101
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Um, why? The Witcher games are based on the books, which is what the movie is going to be based on. It's a dark, mature world with politics and magic/monsters. Sign me up.

IF they do it right. If they make it even 1/3 as good as the last Witcher game was it's going to be fantastic.

Because you can't do its mythology justice in a 2 hour movie.

jaden101
Originally posted by Impediment
Is the Witcher 3 really that good? I've never played any of the games.

Yes. I'm playing through it again and the 2 DLC expansions are arguably even better. It is astounding. I only played 2 when it was a free download on xbox 360. Never played the first one though

BruceSkywalker
I normally play ps4 on Fridays and Saturdays so once I buy The Witcher 3, how long before I solve it?

also what type powers/feats does he have

Kazenji
I normally play ps4 on Fridays and Saturdays so once I buy The Witcher 3, how long before I solve it?

A very long time.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
A very long time.

that long huh???

CPT Space Bomb

also what type powers/feats does he have
Geralt is a Master swordsman with enhanced speed, reflexes, strength, metabolism, and healing. He also possesses some limited magical abilities through the use of "signs". He can shoot flames/flamethrowers out of his hand, mind control people, "force push" people, set traps and a lot of other variations depending on how you spec.

But yah, as far as how LONG it's going to take you? If you do NOTHING but the main story of the main game it's probably 40-50 hours....give or take. I put in over 100 hours the first time I played it; but I did almost everything there was to do.

If you get the two expansions look to add another 40-50 hours worth at least imo.

Ascendancy
Random thought, but I'd love if the director of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo did this. Dunno why, but I just think he'd do a great job. Maybe because I know he wouldn't be afraid to show the grit and intensity that the series is known for.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Geralt is a Master swordsman with enhanced speed, reflexes, strength, metabolism, and healing. He also possesses some limited magical abilities through the use of "signs". He can shoot flames/flamethrowers out of his hand, mind control people, "force push" people, set traps and a lot of other variations depending on how you spec.

But yah, as far as how LONG it's going to take you? If you do NOTHING but the main story of the main game it's probably 40-50 hours....give or take. I put in over 100 hours the first time I played it; but I did almost everything there was to do.

If you get the two expansions look to add another 40-50 hours worth at least imo.

thanks...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.