How do you differentiate from regular physicals to Force augment?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
I mean sure there are some stories where it's stated that said Force User taps into The Force and pulls off some amazing physical and of course the obvious physicals are Force related IE: Force Jumping 30 feet, Punching someone 10 or so feet away, etc.

But how are you suppose to tell from the likes of...say Vader? His cybernetics clearly grant him some impressive strength, but how can you tell this is the cybernetic's strength or it being Force augmented? Because some stories as well as the comics, don't really point this out.

DarthAnt66
You don't.

Syndicate
thumb up

Zenwolf
So then every Force User who does something physical wise, that isn't clear...is either their normal strength or Force augment?...That doesn't seem really well thought out, cause then people could make some pretty crazy claims.

DarthAnt66
Always augment.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Always augment.

Why can't it just be their regular strength? See...confusion if it isn't clear.

DarthAnt66
Because just as Force-sensitives can call upon the Force in bursts to achieve great augmentative feats, the Force is still passively always flowing through them.

That's my interpretation of it, at least. Plus, it makes it easier for debates. thumb up

Syndicate
Cause you take their maximum showings as their maximum capabilities. Logically you can assume its not but once you enter the realm of speculation you start to lose you way.

http://img08.deviantart.net/7e91/i/2015/140/9/1/keep_calm_and_don_t_lose_your_way__by_swesera-d8u42sy.png

Zenwolf
Because just as Force-sensitives can call upon the Force in bursts to achieve great augmentative feats, the Force is still passively always flowing through them.

That's my interpretation of it, at least. Plus, it makes it easier for debates. thumb up

So then it's passive augmentation? Then there's....higher augmentation for Force Jumps and so on?

But then where does regular strength go? Or would regular strength just be the passive augments?

But then how do you factor in cybernetics? Would you just replace the regular strength and add the cybernetics? With the latter being stronger than the regular limbs?

Kurk
On a side note, how did Pre-Vizsla punch Kenobi 10 feet into the air and back?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
On a side note, how did Pre-Vizsla punch Kenobi 10 feet into the air and back?

He punched him across not up, though that was still a good distance.

Peak human strength would be around that level right? So...yeah.

Although there's differences between strength levels across mediums.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So then it's passive augmentation? Then there's....higher augmentation for Force Jumps and so on?

But then where does regular strength go? Or would regular strength just be the passive augments?

Force-augmented strength and speed is their "regular" strength and speed, I believe.

However, yeah, they can always focus on areas to augment more specifically for even better results.

For example, one can do Force Speed, which allows you to travel immensely fast for a short duration.

Here's an example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q&t=2m45s.

Zenwolf
Force-augmented strength and speed is their "regular" strength and speed, I believe.

However, yeah, they can always focus on areas to augment more specifically for even better results.

For example, one can do Force Speed, which allows you to travel immensely fast for a short duration.

Here's an example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q&t=2m45s.

Right I get that they can do bursts.

Hm...alright I think I get what you're saying here though.

Fated Xtasy
I've been somewhat lucky in that regard. Kemp and Watson have both been very descriptive whenever the Force is being used, hence the Force Augmentation section and Physical Prowess sections in my RTs but i mostly agree with Ant

The Ellimist
In most cases their physical strength should be irrelevant next to their Force augmentation anyway, .ie Yoda. The exceptions I guess are those with cybernetics and superhuman strength. Maybe Grievous is a good benchmark to scale if you can guess their cybernetic's tech level next to his? Or guess from their muscle mass and species, or how strong they are relative to their raw power.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
In most cases their physical strength should be irrelevant next to their Force augmentation anyway, .ie Yoda. The exceptions I guess are those with cybernetics and superhuman strength. Maybe Grievous is a good benchmark to scale if you can guess their cybernetic's tech level next to his? Or guess from their muscle mass and species, or how strong they are relative to their raw power.

I mean I have something of a gauge regarding normal strength, so I guess I could just scale off there..but it seems kind of weird.

FreshestSlice
It's impossible for them not to use the Force in anything they do, so why even bother trying to differentiate?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
It's impossible for them not to use the Force in anything they do, so why even bother trying to differentiate?

For one you can tell if it's valid to use strength feats to estimate Force power.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

So then if a Force User is cut off from the Force, they can't even walk?

I'm just rather curious is all.

Kurk
I think physical condition does kind of matter. Why do you think Antoine Bandele and others consider it in their versus evaluations? When you have two individuals who are in the same force tier, age and physical shape can often turn the tides of the battle i.e Dooku vs Maul/Malgus/Anakin. Why do you think Sidious trained Maul so brutally instead of allowing him to use the force as a crutch?

Nephthys
You can do it in the cases when they're specifically not using the Force.

Feats before they were trained to augment are largely their physical base stats.

Or if they're purposefully not using it, like I think Maul was a few times when he was hiding his sensitivity.

Or if they're cut off from their power, like Ulic vs Sylvar or Nox vs Paladius. In both cases they performed admirably against a force-user in melee even without the force. Indicating that they're near-superhuman already in just physicals and would be far superior with the Force.

Zenwolf
See I was thinking that Neph, that all Force Users or at least the more combat oriented ones would be at minimum all Peak Human(at least until they get older and would need to rely on more The Force)...which makes sense according to the Jedi Path where they master and then push their bodies beyond normal limitations.

But then I thought that would be kinda strange.

Then I was thinking, in the SWU you have Enforcers, thugs within criminal organizations being able to lift at least 1 ton, Clones/Stormtroopers/Regular Troopers generally going through intense training to be Peak Humans.

So maybe looking at the Galaxy as a whole, it wouldn't be that strange since the JO is fairly small in the grand scheme of things...but I wasn't really sure. I mean I would guess that's fine, given the variety of alien species/hostile, where humans who are involved in combat(along with the different alien species), would need to achieve the highest level of physicals just to try and match them since a lot of species would outclass them physical wise...so I guess it's not that much of a stretch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.