Superhero characters power movies got right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
This topic pertains solely to DC/Marvel or literary characters levels of power as applied in feats. Without lowballing of discussing the subjective assessmens of a films quality, what characters in a Superhero/Comicbook film have they gotten correct in a portrayal of their power set? If you had to approximate how close is this character to their original depiction, or how much attention did the studio/film pay attention to the feats they had in other mediums ?

Impediment
Raimi's Spider-Man was almost perfect, except for the organic web shooters.

riv6672
Spider-man's who i thought of when i deciphered the OP.

1978 movie Superman was pretty much the Pre Crisis Superman of that time.

carthage
Did Superman from the Golden/Silver Age have weird Deus ex machine plot powers? Like building walls with his eyes, reversing time by flying across the world with FTl speeds , and being capable of getting his powers back even after he gave them up? I know Superman has always been a powerhouse, but even that seems way too cartoonish in spite of Kal El always being capable of moving Planets and shit.

BruceSkywalker
Cap

Kazenji
Hellboy.

ares834
Originally posted by carthage
Did Superman from the Golden/Silver Age have weird Deus ex machine plot powers? Like building walls with his eyes, reversing time by flying across the world with FTl speeds , and being capable of getting his powers back even after he gave them up? I know Superman has always been a powerhouse, but even that seems way too cartoonish in spite of Kal El always being capable of moving Planets and shit.

Yes.

riv6672
Did Superman from the Golden/Silver Age have weird Deus ex machine plot powers? Like building walls with his eyes, reversing time by flying across the world with FTl speeds , and being capable of getting his powers back even after he gave them up?
Yup.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hellboy.
Good one!

Ascendancy
I thought Man of Steel was done pretty well in terms of showing the scope of the Kryptonian's powers while on earth. Most of the Marvel films have done a pretty good job as well. Bane in DKR was handled correctly.

riv6672
Green Hornet & Kato from the 2011 movie.

steverules_2
I'd say Amazing spider-man was right as far as powers, even had webshooters and does Civil war spider-man

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
Green Hornet & Kato from the 2011 movie.

Not really for Kato imo.

riv6672
Kato was bad ass!

Kazenji
I doubt he had Kato Vision with the old stuff.

Surtur

It was mostly in the silver age.

I get the feeling you are talking about Christopher Reeves, but also keep in mind other Kryptonians he fought in the movies got harmed by snake bites.

Wait that just makes it even more realistic since it captures the power fluctuations of super heroes based on the scene.

riv6672
Like we said: yup.

TheVaultDweller
Though they made a minor tweak to the origin of his abilities, the new version of Deadpool is pretty accurate IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.