Full Potential Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
How powerful would he be?

Fated Xtasy
As powerful as Master Windu, and as wise as Yoda.

Darth Thor
And as smooth as Han Solo

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
As powerful as Master Windu, and as wise as Yoda.

Kurk
He's already 90% at his combat ability prime as of RotS. Knowledge wise, taking into consideration his life-span as a limiting factor, he could potentially be as wise as Windu, Jocasta Nu or any of the other human jedi masters.

ares834
He's significantly wiser than any of those buffoons already.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
and as wise as Yoda.

That's not saying much...

Kurk
Originally posted by ares834

He's not wiser than the freaking librarian or Windu. Kenobi is like 35. That is unless you mean Ben Kenobi.

ares834
Originally posted by Kurk
Kenobi is like 35.

And?

Syndicate
Age ain't nothing but a number.

Fated Xtasy

That flew right over your head now, din'it?

ares834
No. It didn't. I think most people on this forum have even that abomination mostly memorized. I'm merely pointing out that Yoda ain't exactly wise.

FreshestSlice
I like how we're pretending Obi-Wan didn't reach his full potential for some reason.

Darth Thor

thumb up

relentless1
Obi Wan was very cunning, very skilled in lightsaber duels, his weak game is in Force abilities...specifically being caught off guard by Force attacks a lot

Id say he was pretty boss overall though, he was able to defeat the more powerful Vader after all

Kurk
Kenobi is a scholar now? Wiser in what? Combat knowledge and tactics? Then sure. Overall knowledge on the SW universe? No

ILS
Obi-Wan's power is somewhat more nuanced than most, but it's there, whether you want to discuss his utter dismantling of Grievous by opening himself up to the Force in a way most people scratch the surface of, or him exploding Durge.
I think he reached his prime or pretty damn close to it.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I like how we're pretending Obi-Wan didn't reach his full potential for some reason.

thumb up

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ILS
Obi-Wan's power is somewhat more nuanced than most, but it's there, whether you want to discuss his utter dismantling of Grievous by opening himself up to the Force in a way most people scratch the surface of, or him exploding Durge.
I think he reached his prime or pretty damn close to it.

Yet he still improved up to ANH mmm

It's pretty lulzy to think a 38 yo lightsider reached his full potential.

Darth Abonis
By ROTS, he had reached, I believe 100% of his potential.

carthage
Not seeing how he didn't reach it by ROTS

Based
No. It didn't. I think most people on this forum have even that abomination mostly memorized. I'm merely pointing out that Yoda ain't exactly wise.

what a hot take

ares834
Originally posted by Kurk
Kenobi is a scholar now? Wiser in what? Combat knowledge and tactics? Then sure. Overall knowledge on the SW universe? No

It seems you don't know wisdom is.

Kurk
It seems you don't know wisdom is.
The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment. What have I said? I can see how he can be wiser than someone like Jocasta Nu and even Mace in overall combat and war tactics, but I'm sure the librarian of the jedi archives knows more than him in other areas not related to war.

Darth Thor
Wisdom is one whose able to give the best counsel.

It's making the best decisions with regards to what's the Right or Wrong thing to do. And the most sensible thing to do.

It does come from experience, but is not limited to age. There are man older people who are not wise.

If you read Dark Disciple, Kenobi's certainly one of the Wiser Jedi. Perhaps even wiser than Yoda. Or just look at situations like when the Council voted on whether to give Ahsoka up to the Republic courts or not. Some Council members were truly idiotic, and certainly not Wise.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
By ROTS, he had reached, I believe 100% of his potential.

Originally posted by carthage
Not seeing how he didn't reach it by ROTS

You think that was his full potential? Getting utterly stomped by Dooku like that?

cs_zoltan
Kenobi being full potential by RotS is legit retarded considering he grew more powerful by ANH.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wisdom is one whose able to give the best counsel.

It's making the best decisions with regards to what's the Right or Wrong thing to do. And the most sensible thing to do.

It does come from experience, but is not limited to age. There are man older people who are not wise.

If you read Dark Disciple, Kenobi's certainly one of the Wiser Jedi. Perhaps even wiser than Yoda. Or just look at situations like when the Council voted on whether to give Ahsoka up to the Republic courts or not. Some Council members were truly idiotic, and certainly not Wise.
I read DD and agree that he's wiser than the average jedi on the council, but do not agree that he's wiser than Yoda. He just barely makes it above Windu

The Ellimist
Yoda failed.

LordOfTheLight
His potential is likely similar to the likes of Mace or Maul, higher than Dooku's but not as high as Sidious's base potential.

It's pretty easy to imagine him reaching the level of Mace after 16 years of continuous growth if he had stayed and trained in the Jedi Order had it been the same that it originally was before.

Plus it is absolutely moronic to think that he reached his full potential by ROTS considering

He isn't ambitious

He is a lightsider

He is just 37/38 years old

He is a Jedi Master for only 3 years and couldn't have explored even a fraction of the resources that he should have if he had gotten more time since Jedi Masters are granted access to all the knowledge of the Jedi Order but knights have restrictions there

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Syndicate
Age ain't nothing but a number. no, it means something. having palpatine as 88 tells you about his wisdom. and you know how yoda is about 825 years older than obi.

Darth Thor
Palpatine is wise? Lol no Sith Lords are not known for their wisdom.

Wisdom can come at any age, but the same person will likely get wiser over time. But then he may do the opposite as well. TLJ Luke was definitely less wise than ROTJ Luke Lol.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Palpatine is wise? Lol no Sith Lords are not known for their wisdom.

Wisdom can come at any age, but the same person will likely get wiser over time. But then he may do the opposite as well. TLJ Luke was definitely less wise than ROTJ Luke Lol. Darth Andeddu was nearly killed by his fellow Sith just because of his wisdom.

Jmanghan

That's not saying much... It is if your name isn't "Qui-Gon Jinn". Qui-Gon I think was the wisest.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It is if your name isn't "Qui-Gon Jinn". Qui-Gon I think was the wisest. that is pathetic, he was the same as Windu and Yoda was more intelligent than both of them combined

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.