What will happen to us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Perhaps this isn't the appropriate place for such a thread, but I was wondering what will happen after the hype for EpIII dies down? Where will the star wars fans of the world be left?
Hey let's keep the thread upbeat too wink

GordonSkywalker
Somehow I suspect we will all still be here discussing and debating it like we have the rest of the movies. Except then we will have the complete picture.

Ushgarak
We all commit ritual suicide, don't we?

yerssot
everything gets shut down and we fall into darkness and will become myths

LaurenE147
As long as there is Star Wars, there will be people to talk about it. The Trekkies have kept it up when there were huge gaps of space between Trek movies and series.

GordonSkywalker
I agree with Lauren on this one.

yerssot
yeah, but they have movies every 2 years and series every days!

Ushgarak
I think she means between the Original Series and the first movie, yerss.

GordonSkywalker
There was a ten year gap between the original series and the first feature. And fandom carried on during that time.

yerssot
so did we with ROTJ and TPM, but they don't have that problem these days, we just seize to exist

Catch 22
Frankly my interest is waning by the day already....

yerssot
for starwars of episode III ?

jimbo3
Itnterest in starwars will obviously increase when episode III comes out. Once it goes down there won't be any comming back up. Interest will always be there for starwars with the dedicated fans holding on, and the expanded universe creating enough interest for some.

yerssot
EU is crap most of the time, the NJO is ok-ish, hopefully the Clone Wars series will be too

LaurenE147
Star Wars fandom will never die!

Up against the wall mother! (I have no idea what that means. It's a sixties civil rights thing)

GordonSkywalker
I am with Lauren. Star Wars fandom will not fade away any more than it did for the original Star Trek in the seventies.

yerssot
isn't that cute wink

Catch 22
For Star Wars as a whole to be honest. Youcan do the math, how many SWM stories have you written compared to me in the last month???

yerssot
you cannot escape it Catch, it is your destiny...

besides... I have time to check things out, you have this auwful thing called *shivers*work

Ushgarak
This IS the lowest point for Star Wars fever. One year since, two years to go, no news and a ton of other interesting franchises hardcoring it onto our screens.

I am sure the interest shall peak again/.

Catch 22
Oh yeah, I sure you're right. Generally there will be an upsurge in interest. But If I think back to how I was feeling about Episode II at this time during the production phase then I was running on a very high interest level, for me this ain't happening this time around.

Somehow I feel that this is indicative of my deep down feelinsg for AOTC. Now I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the movie, I certainly did, but I can honestly say that in the long run Episode II lost it's legs for me after just a short time.

LaurenE147
Once we have all the information that episode 3 will provide we can nickpick and ponder until we die!

yerssot
allow me to make people happy again then ...
latest story is that David Kaye and Xionin Anderson are with the EpIII cast

GordonSkywalker
||Yerssot you have one heck of a suspicious mind.||

yerssot
which is bad?

GordonSkywalker
She does have a brilliant mind.

yerssot
sounds ... fun

LaurenE147
who has a brilliant mind?

GordonSkywalker
You do.

LaurenE147
thank you embarrasment

GordonSkywalker
Ushgarak may have a point with his earlier comments. I can hardly dathom it has already been a whole year since Clones came out.

cookies2006
Yep, does anyone know the count untill ep3.

GordonSkywalker
I have no idea. I seldom concern myself with such things.

cookies2006
I dont really care either. Untill the last couple weeks when it comes out. I was just curious.

GordonSkywalker
I do not know. I have not looked at the thread in days.

queeq
Filming begins soon though.

yerssot
tomorrow, no?

GordonSkywalker
Not sure but it is very near.

yerssot
well the hyperspace preview starts tomorrow, so I take they start shooting tomorrow

Catch 22
no, not tomorrow. Do pay attention 007...

yerssot
Well, we corpses have absolutely no sense of time what so ever

rogue_jedi
its summer 2005, right? i thought i heard that somewhere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.