Kyp Durron on his power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
"When I was still a teenager, I was able to reach into the gravity well of a gas giant and pull a spacecraft out of it. That's something that not many Masters could accomplish. I could do it because I was strong in the Force ... and because I had absolute faith in my right, my need to use that craft for a specific purpose. But I doubt I could do it today. I'm no weaker in the Force, and I'm a lot more skilled... but today I'd know that my intended purpose was not a good one, and this knowledge would deny me the focus I needed then to perform that task. So was I a Master then, or am I a Master now?"

I think this quote clarifies how Kun affected Durron and why Durron failed to live up to Skywalker's initial power expectations.

Fated Xtasy
Dc is gon kik ur ass

Darth Abonis
Where is this quote from?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Durron's a weak *****, yeah.

Deronn_solo
In other words; he's saying the raw power is there, as well as the skill - but his resolve is lacking. Makes sense.

Still, weird for Durron to say, considering his un-amped black hole manipulation feat, should be more impressive than his Sun Crusher one.

SunRazer
I knew you'd get here eventually, DC. Where do you have Kyp in terms of actualized power by FotJ?

The Ellimist
So Kyp is a bit of a jobber, like Luke and Anakin but to an even greater extent.

I'd say this ironically lends more legitimacy to Kyp's higher end feats and accolades; when he really tries and opens himself up, he's a > Vader force user.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer
I knew you'd get here eventually, DC. Where do you have Kyp in terms of actualized power by FotJ?

Umm, probably above Vader, honestly.

SunRazer
What's "above Vader"? Is there anyone who would be an equal for him in your opinion?

DarthAnt66
Malak, maybe.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malak, maybe.

I meant equal to Vader in the prime of his abilities. Not equal to him on the operating table in RotS.

Deronn_solo
What's "above Vader"? Is there anyone who would be an equal for him in your opinion?
mmm
Darth Plagueis.
thumb up

SunRazer
Get out.

Deronn_solo
ily. <3

ares834
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Still, weird for Durron to say, considering his un-amped black hole manipulation feat, should be more impressive than his Sun Crusher one.

Not at all. When Kyp did that he, presumably, had the proper focus as well.

In the quote Ant posted, Kyp directly states he is still just as powerful. However, he would now be incapable of pulling of the feat since he lacks the proper focus as he knows it was wrong. But, if he were to believe it was the correct thing to do, he would be capable of the same feat again.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, that's true.

FreshestSlice
I meant equal to Vader in the prime of his abilities. Not equal to him on the operating table in RotS.
BLAM

carthage

Savage

DarthAnt66
http://67.media.tumblr.com/1b019e134c0785b4303066c8aeb6e751/tumblr_nqpvszbP7I1u5go9do1_500.gif

The Ellimist
The anti-Kyp brigade still can't explain how he pulled off the black hole feat with greater ease than Luke did, while calling himself more powerful, other than labeling it an "outlier" - but our helpful OP just gave a better explanation. thumb up

(Granted I can't read it but I'm assuming I've seen this passage before)

The Ellimist
It also tells us two things:

1. Kyp is fairly humble, so his stronger than Luke musing can be taken more seriously.

2. Kyp as a master > his JA self amped by Exar Kun given no restraints

NewGuy01
Honestly I took it to mean that he lacks the ironclad conviction he possessed as a teenager in general after the incident. Hence, "am I a master now, or was I a master then?"

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by The Ellimist
It also tells us two things:

1. Kyp is fairly humble, so his stronger than Luke musing can be taken more seriously.

2. Kyp as a master > his JA self amped by Exar Kun given no restraints

No.

The Ellimist
Yep. A no-holds-barred Kyp at least rivals Yoda in raw power, and is probably above Vader as a combatant.

Nephthys
He doesn't, but keep telling yourself that. thumb up

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yep. A no-holds-barred Kyp at least rivals Yoda in raw power, and is probably above Vader as a combatant.
thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
He doesn't, but keep telling yourself that. thumb up

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nice argument. Maybe next time you should try trimming it down to a simple "no", maximise that efficiency.

erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.