Deathlok (classic) vs. Cyborg vs. Death's Head II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Only one can win.

cdtm
Minion was pretty tough.

Could Deathlok beat up a Hulk? (Forget which version, but it was a green, stupid one)..

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by cdtm
Minion was pretty tough.

Could Deathlok beat up a Hulk? (Forget which version, but it was a green, stupid one)..

Yeah, he was a monster. Gutted Wolverine badly. Deathlok is class 100.

Digi
No no, don't bring up the Hulk feat. That's not even a good one for Minion, and was a bit context specific. Minion is a beast, though.

Deathlok gets wrecked by Minion. And Pre DCnU Cyborg also gets destroyed. Nu-52 Cyborg...no idea. I haven't followed it enough, but I know he got an upgrade.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Digi
No no, don't bring up the Hulk feat. That's not even a good one for Minion, and was a bit context specific. Minion is a beast, though.

Deathlok gets wrecked by Minion. And Pre DCnU Cyborg also gets destroyed. Nu-52 Cyborg...no idea. I haven't followed it enough, but I know he got an upgrade.

Why does Deathlok get wrecked? Not disagreeing, just wondering. He is a class 100 character with future tech. Here he is brawling with the Thing and taking no damage.

http://i.imgur.com/uUne71m.jpg

Digi
I could argue that that's one of his higher durability showings. From the dialogue, it also looks like Thing was holding back on those hits. But Minion damn near took out the whole FF, and his own showing against Thing was, imo, significantly scarier. DHII would slice him into pieces without breaking much of a sweat.

The original Death's Head is a better analogue for classic Deathlok. Minion's a bit out of his range.

Blue Area Vet
I could argue that that's one of his higher durability showings. From the dialogue, it also looks like Thing was holding back on those hits. But Minion damn near took out the whole FF, and his own showing against Thing was, imo, significantly scarier. DHII would slice him into pieces without breaking much of a sweat.

The original Death's Head is a better analogue for classic Deathlok. Minion's a bit out of his range.

Why would you make that comparison when the situation and motivation of the characters was completely different? They aren't mirror images and I don't know how you could determine the difference in power levels based on such.

cdtm

I'm not sure Deaths Head I wasn't jobbed out to Minion, considering how he did against Shulk, Iron Man, and the FF himself (Not to mention wiping the floor with Cyclonus, Scourge, and Rodimus Prime in his Transformers days. And even standing up to the insanely overpowered Galvatron..)

Digi
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Why would you make that comparison when the situation and motivation of the characters was completely different? They aren't mirror images and I don't know how you could determine the difference in power levels based on such.

You're right to an extent. But mostly I'm basing it on their entire histories. I know literally everything about Minion - I own his every appearance and made his and the entire DH "family tree" respect threads here on KMC - and I also know a fair amount about Deathlok. My comments on the scan you posted weren't meant to be an entire argument. But as long as you're posting a single feat, an analogous one against the exact same character is, yes, a valid point to bring up. And Minion's showing against the FF was better, imo. It's not an entire argument, but it is a relevant one.

/srug

If you want a bit more explicit defense: Minion's molebdenum blade configuration is, by all accounts and feats, just a shade under adamantium in terms of cutting ability. And he's a legit Class 100 as well. And can heal scarily fast in Terminator liquid-metal style. Nothing Deathlok does would hinder Minion for long, and Minion would shred Deathlok into pieces and disintegrate the parts while assimilating Deathlok's fighting abilities through his cranial needle. It wouldn't be an easy win, necessarily, but it would be a clear one.

Originally posted by cdtm
I'm not sure Deaths Head I wasn't jobbed out to Minion, considering how he did against Shulk, Iron Man, and the FF himself (Not to mention wiping the floor with Cyclonus, Scourge, and Rodimus Prime in his Transformers days. And even standing up to the insanely overpowered Galvatron..)

Jim Shooter always had a hard-on for DHI. But he was also giant-sized in those Transformers showings, so it's not a precise comparison.

His entire canon in mainstream Marvel is far below Minion. If it were only the Transformers stuff, you'd definitely have a great point. But even if you think there was some slight jobbing Minion (a defensible view, imo), the outcome was undoubtedly correct.

leonidas
nu borg has some good feats but i'm not sure he could put down minion. i don't see him hacking minion, but i suppose it COULD happen. bfr won't work since minion can return. borg would likely have to drop him offensively and with minion's hf and his own offense....? i'd take minion for now until someone shows why borg would take him out.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
nu borg has some good feats but i'm not sure he could put down minion. i don't see him hacking minion, but i suppose it COULD happen. bfr won't work since minion can return. borg would likely have to drop him offensively and with minion's hf and his own offense....? i'd take minion for now until someone shows why borg would take him out.

Interesting. I don't know enough about Nu-borg to comment, but this matchup is the only real question in this fight.

Also, yeah, Minion's probably not getting hacked. He's got his own tech-hack feats that place him in pretty rare company. In the heat of a battle, I doubt either is pulling this off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.