Best Meetra Surik feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
As the title says.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
The Idea of Vader wining at all is retarded.

After the Jedi Purge, he's fighting scrub-remnants left over from the weakest lightsaber-era in republic history, and stalemating old Ben. While Meetra is slaughtering leagions of people who could potentially be on (or near about) Maul's level.

So she'd beat Sidious handily.

AncientPower
'Leagions'.

OP, allow me to hijack your thread, if you would.

Triumvirate is mad underrated, I just went through SWTOR. Apparently Triumvirate teachings are considered incredibly dangerous techniques by both the Jedi Order and the Sith Empire.

SunRazer
thumb up

AncientPower
Check my edit, if you would.

SunRazer
Do you have a quote?

The Ellimist
Getting owned and almost disintegrated by Nyriss whose best feat was vaporizing two random guards and getting one-shotted by Revan.

Getting stabbed in the back by Scourge.

Beating powerful sith like Traya who can drain fodder and levitate a lightsaber.

smile

AncientPower
Originally posted by SunRazer
Do you have a quote?

I have others but that's the gist of it.

The Ellimist
In all seriousness, I think Meetra is probably around Qui-Gon level as an overall combatant. She's good enough to defeat large groups of sith, but the likes of Lord Hoth and Zen Zallow can do that. She has some good techniques like being able to mimic people's forms with uncanny speed, and defeated Traya on a dark side nexus, although Traya's best feats are draining featless Jedi. That she did this on a dark side nexus puts her above the likes of Hoth or Zallow, IMHO, and onto the level of Qui-Gon, who I have above Kas'im.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
I have others but that's the gist of it.
You know, something being dangerous doesn't make it good. Traya was trying to ISIS the Force. Just like teaching the Light Side is the only way is dangerous, teaching that we should kill the Force and consume it and all life is also kind of retarded.

AncientPower
....being dangerous ain't the point at all.

FreshestSlice
It's obviously about how dangerous it is when talking about saving lives, and not about how powerful these teachings are because that completely goes against the Sith Code. You just want them to be impressive because you want, despite all evidence to the contrary, the Triumvirate to be impressive.

AncientPower
There is no evidence to the contrary, you invented a preconception.

Nariel states the Empire can't access the Triumvirate's secrets, directly after explaining how they'd exterminated the Jedi Order. Clearly, the Triumvirate's techniques are dangerous snd given that Zare is willing to do anything to get her hands on it, and is rewarded with a Darth title upon success. They are clearly incredibly potent teachings.

Lord Scourge notes the Exile as being among the two greatest Jedi heroes for having defeated ghe Triumvirate. Revan notes that he wouldn't dare face the Triumvirate alone and tells her not to underestimate all she has achieved. Bastila Shan admits that she hid from Traya's followers rather than face them, despite coming off of her experiences against Darth Malak.

The Triumvirate is very impressive and always has been, contrary to your TOR wank.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Getting owned and almost disintegrated by Nyriss whose best feat was vaporizing two random guards and getting one-shotted by Revan.

Getting stabbed in the back by Scourge.

Beating powerful sith like Traya who can drain fodder and levitate a lightsaber.

smile
wtf Ellimist, could you stop being such a prick?

Saying Nyriss vaporized two guards when she only charred them! I thought you knew better

The Ellimist
My apologies, that's merely Yoda instead of Wankatine tier. smile

The Ellimist
Revan notes that he wouldn't dare face the Triumvirate alone

Obviously because the Triumvirate had a military. no expression

Petrus
Surik is highly underrated, imho. I'd say she's a Kenobi level combatant.

FreshestSlice
There is no evidence to the contrary, you invented a preconception.

Yeah, you made the claim, so you kind of have to back it up. You're claiming these teachings aren't learned, but give no reason why.

Except we know how the Triumvirate did so well against the Jedi Order, so do the Sith for that matter, and it has little to do with these amazing teachings. We also know what a good deal of Traya's philosophy actually is.

Okay? I mean that isn't even remotely what Scourge said, but okay.

Yeah, most people don't want to face giant armies alone. Sounds pretty retarded in retrospect, but then again, Surik hardly faced them alone either.

Because she has an infant/toddler son. Mothers are protective and shit, sometimes, so she didn't exactly want to get him killed. I mean in theory. I don't have any evidence to support Bastila not wanting her son to die, expect for this being her own words, but you'll just have to trust me.

Lulz.

I'm glad you told me, because nothing they've actually done as group suggests they are, and I don't wank TOR. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time you've made up bullshit to support your points or gotten your information mixed up, so I guess I can let this slide.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Petrus
Surik is highly underrated, imho. I'd say she's a Kenobi level combatant.

You say shit like this, and then you say Revan vs Galen is gonna be some sort of ordeal. erm

Petrus
Well, I do rank Revan higher than Galen. I just don't think it'd be easy at all for him to take Galen down. Why is that so unbelievable? smile

FreshestSlice
Because Revan can one-shot Meetra, and if she were Obi-Wan level she'd be comparable to Galen.

Petrus
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because Revan can one-shot Meetra, and if she were Obi-Wan level she'd be comparable to Galen.

Nah, Galen shits on Obi-Wan.

FreshestSlice
People who struggle with sub-Obi-Wan opponents like Ti aren't shitting on Obi-Wan.

Petrus
Yeah that wasn't Galen on his prime. And Ti had all the planet aiding her. And it was a light side nexus.

In a strictly sabers match, maybe Galen won't shit on Obi-Wan, just as Revan won't shit on the Exile.

All-out though, Galen and Revan shit on Obi-Wan and the Exile.

FreshestSlice
That was a few months before TFU's end. No she didn't. And it became a Light Side nexus because she went there. It's not like she had a power advantage anyway.

Yeah, he probably would, because the power difference between Revan and the Exile is enormous.

No, Galen wouldn't. Revan likely wouldn't either. More goes into combat besides who is the most powerful.

Petrus
That was a few months before TFU's end. No she didn't. And it became a Light Side nexus because she went there. It's not like she had a power advantage anyway.

Yeah she did. Galen went against Shaak after facing the whole goddamn planet and hordes of amped Felucians, and whilst battling her there was a Sarlacc attacking him. It doesn't matter why it became a LS nexus, it matters that it was when they fought.

You mean just like the power difference was enormous between Nihilus and Surik? Or how the power difference was enormous between Traya and Surik on a dark side nexus? Strictly sabers, the power difference doesn't always matter that much. She'd lose in a duel against Revan, but he's not shitting on her.

Overall, Galen and Revan are way above Kenobi and Surik. The only area in which they hope to stand a chance against them is in a sabers-only match-up.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Galen certainly isn't stomping Kenobi. Whereas Revan is about two orders of magnitude of stompage above Meetra.

Petrus
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Galen certainly isn't stomping Kenobi. Whereas Revan is about two orders of magnitude of stompage above Meetra.

Eh, I could be persuaded of this, but for now I hold that prime Galen would handily defeat Kenobi in an all-out.

I'm guessing, then, that you think Revan > Vader? By how much?

Syndicate

No, Galen wouldn't. Revan likely wouldn't either. More goes into combat besides who is the most powerful.

It was around half a year or more actually during which Galen improved to the point he was getting murked by Vader to actually defeating him.

True but power is the most important power in any fight as it shows to what degree characters can physically amp themselves and how effective their offensive and defensive force abilities are. Certainly more important overall then baseline physicals or technical skill.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
It was around half a year or more actually during which Galen improved to the point he was getting murked by Vader to actually defeating him.

Half a year is "a few months." You can argue semantics all you want.

To an extent. You obviously don't know how Force augmentation works if you think someone vastly more powerful is going to be shutting down everyone who's weaker than them.

Uh, duh?

Not really. All these things have to work in conjunction. The mythos is full of super powerful cripples and old fools who still lost when it mattered most.

Syndicate
Half a year is "a few months." You can argue semantics all you want.

To an extent. You obviously don't know how Force augmentation works if you think someone vastly more powerful is going to be shutting down everyone who's weaker than them.

Uh, duh?

Not really. All these things have to work in conjunction. The mythos is full of super powerful cripples and old fools who still lost when it mattered most.

And Marek got murked by Vader in those "few" months before the end of TFU, did he not?

I don't think being more powerful allows you to dominate someone physically, I'm just saying it's a factor contributing to physical capabilities and is thus an important factor in why overall power is the most important stat.

Of course. I'm just saying that force power is the most important when you compare it by itself to technical skill or baseline physicals. Granted if someone is FAR MORE skilled then you and your only a little bit more powerful then them the more skilled person is likely to win but on a relative scale power trumps skills.

Petrus
Yeah, pretty clear Galen improved in those months. Going from almost getting beat by Shaak to going toe-to-toe with Vader is a big improvement.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.