Best Martial Artists NOT from marvel or dc!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
who are they? and how do they stack up against the big twos finest?

round 1. comics only

round 2. any form of fiction.

no exaggerated shit like dbz. pure skill only.

Vanguard
DBZ sucks ass

Backlash from Wildstorm is a good example. He has like a century of experience in martial arts.

cdtm
Originally posted by Vanguard
DBZ sucks ass

Five star comment. thumb up thumb up

Isn't Wildstorm content basically DC now?

Vanguard
Originally posted by cdtm
Isn't Wildstorm content basically DC now?

Yea it is. Forgot all about that.

DarkSaint85
Cheng Bo Sen, from Gun Fu.

Sun Wu Kong, from Chinese myth.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Cheng Bo Sen, from Gun Fu.

Sun Wu Kong, from Chinese myth.

Erlang Shen.

The Buddah wasn't the first to defeat Sun Wu Kong. But for some reason you never hear about the Jade Emperor's nephew, who defeated him in a long battle, and resulted in his first capture.

psycho gundam
Geese Howard

Zack M
Originally posted by Vanguard
DBZ sucks ass

Backlash from Wildstorm is a good example. He has like a century of experience in martial arts.

Backlash is from the DCU Multiverese. wink

Digi
The single best MA feat I can think of is from Zealot (Lady Zannah) in Wildstorm. She stalemated Midnighter for hours. Let me repeat that, with some context. For literally hours, she gave zero openings to the guy who can run millions of combat scenarios per second and chooses the most advantageous one to win the fight. MNer made his living chumping people way above his statistical paygrade by finding the way to beat them and making it look easy. He's been beaten with guys whose powers are simply too far above his, or AoE attacks that he can't react to in time, etc. But this was meticulous and lengthy...the exact opposite of what should be able to happen to him. So she no-sold his incalculable ability to win MA fights. And then she beat him.

That's some next level flawlessness.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Erlang Shen.

The Buddah wasn't the first to defeat Sun Wu Kong. But for some reason you never hear about the Jade Emperor's nephew, who defeated him in a long battle, and resulted in his first capture.
I quite liked Nezha as well, although he had the whiff of the Worf effect....

Zack M
Zealot is highly underrated. Definitely above the likes of Elektra or Cassandra Cain, imo. Maybe we'll see the Cassandra Cain fight in the future.

riv6672
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0mt59czSDUM/VsddrCYFazI/AAAAAAAB86c/-0irf7vfbas/s1600/Badger-2016-1.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111174799/4335136-kato.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Digi
The single best MA feat I can think of is from Zealot (Lady Zannah) in Wildstorm. She stalemated Midnighter for hours. Let me repeat that, with some context. For literally hours, she gave zero openings to the guy who can run millions of combat scenarios per second and chooses the most advantageous one to win the fight. MNer made his living chumping people way above his statistical paygrade by finding the way to beat them and making it look easy. He's been beaten with guys whose powers are simply too far above his, or AoE attacks that he can't react to in time, etc. But this was meticulous and lengthy...the exact opposite of what should be able to happen to him. So she no-sold his incalculable ability to win MA fights. And then she beat him.

That's some next level flawlessness. great find. She is an alien with low super strength (which can contribute to super human speed and reflexes). But I agree, she's the best. I was thinking of choosing only human level character's (peak human at best). Otherwise, Flash is the best since he can see almost anything not moving.

blair85
Beverly Hills Ninja

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/vEiDoeF.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by h1a8
great find. She is an alien with low super strength (which can contribute to super human speed and reflexes). But I agree, she's the best. I was thinking of choosing only human level character's (peak human at best). Otherwise, Flash is the best since he can see almost anything not moving.

All good points about her stats. But even given that, the level of skill in that fight with MNer is off the charts. Imo, it's up there with PC Karate Kid stuff in terms of my incredulity that she could actually do it.

DarkSaint85
Also, she's part of DC.

Zack M
The last we have seen of Zealot was in Deathstroke's bed. LOL

ghostman
and how do they stack up against the big twos finest

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also, she's part of DC.

Meh, w/e. She was Image, then Wildstorm (yes, a subsidiary of DC), etc. etc. The spirit of the thread is outside the mainstream, which that feat was.

riv6672
Originally posted by ghostman
and how do they stack up against the big twos finest
Badger can beat anyone outside Karate Kid. Kato is somewhere around Iron Fist level.

wuleecat
Samurai Jack (hope nobody lumps him in with any of that "DBZ shit", he's much much better than that)

riv6672
Much MUCH better than any DBZ garbage. Great choice.

LGU
He's not the "best", but he's way up there and worthy of a mention:

http://www.theliberati.net/quaequamblog/wp-content/judge_dredd_meg2.jpg

Cheers.

beatboks
How does a thread like this get a few posts into page 2 with no mention of Grendal????

Hunter Rose would go well against most of the big guns of both the big 2.
I know its non canon but already done well vs Batman in a cross over.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=images+grendel+vs+shadow&client=tablet-android-telstra-au&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA4_LBg-TNAhWGmpQKHRo1D9EQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601#tbm=isch&q=images+grendel+vs+batman

Also did well against Shadow
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=images+grendel+vs+shadow&client=tablet-android-telstra-au&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA4_LBg-TNAhWGmpQKHRo1D9EQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601

as well as Green Hornet and Kato (granted GH doesnt bring as much as Kat on H2H)

I'd say Hunter Rose is below Bat's, Cass Caine, Shiva, Cap A, IF, Wolverine level and on the level of DD, Elektra, above Black Canary etc.

cdtm
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/6/69/Skidsg1.jpg

As of IDW, Skids is Taskmaster lite. Master of Metalakato, hand to hand ass kicker.

StiltmanFTW
Jesus from TWDverse.

Cogito
Originally posted by riv6672
Badger can beat anyone outside Karate Kid.

What's he done to deserve that status? I don't know anything about him

MF DELPH
Does Fist of the North Star count as "DBZ shit"?

riv6672
Originally posted by Cogito
What's he done to deserve that status? I don't know anything about him
Fought Wizards, demons, vampires, Hodags, John Wayne, Bruce Lee, Paul Bunyan, Santa Clause, won his reality's greatest martial arts invitational, willing to fight ex Nazi transexual nuns...he's at a cartoon level at his high end showings.
Plus i like him, so he's just below KK.

Digi
Originally posted by beatboks
How does a thread like this get a few posts into page 2 with no mention of Grendal????

Hunter Rose would go well against most of the big guns of both the big 2.
I know its non canon but already done well vs Batman in a cross over.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=images+grendel+vs+shadow&client=tablet-android-telstra-au&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA4_LBg-TNAhWGmpQKHRo1D9EQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601#tbm=isch&q=images+grendel+vs+batman

Also did well against Shadow
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=images+grendel+vs+shadow&client=tablet-android-telstra-au&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA4_LBg-TNAhWGmpQKHRo1D9EQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601

as well as Green Hornet and Kato (granted GH doesnt bring as much as Kat on H2H)

I'd say Hunter Rose is below Bat's, Cass Caine, Shiva, Cap A, IF, Wolverine level and on the level of DD, Elektra, above Black Canary etc.

Grendal and Shadow are good calls.

thumb up

riv6672
I usually dont think of Grendel and Shadow as MAs. I know they ARE, but not like Shang Chi or Iron Fist, where its their actual shtick; good calls though!

Martian_mind
Hunter Rose is hilariously overrated in terms of MA skill.

riv6672
Like i said, i dont think of him as a MA; i read the original stories (decades ago, granted) and he wasnt presented as a MA per say; everything came easy to him, and fencing was specifically mentioned....ah well.

TheHulk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jesus from TWDverse. Oh man, i barely watch WD or anymore but that man, from what i've seen, can kick some serious ass laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheHulk
Oh man, i barely watch WD or anymore but that man, from what i've seen, can kick some serious ass laughing out loud

Comics, dude. Comics. He leaps, intercepts a nade and throws it back at assailants. Beats the shit out of Negan, too.

He can't compare to superheroes obviously, but he's the only character (sans Michonne with her katana) that has a legit "comicy" level of skill in TWD.

riv6672
^^^Cant wait to see that on the show.

TheHulk
Comics, dude. Comics. He leaps, intercepts a nade and throws it back at assailants. Beats the shit out of Negan, too.

He can't compare to superheroes obviously, but he's the only character (sans Michonne with her katana) that has a legit "comicy" level of skill in TWD. Yeah, i also heard he has MA abilities in WD comic. Man..can't wait to see those scenes. Sh!t though heard there was a cliffhanger ending for the last season and no one knows who died confused

StiltmanFTW
It was Glenn who got Lucille'd in comics. In the show, we won't be 100% sure until the new season starts.

TheHulk
It was Glenn who got Lucille'd in comics. In the show, we won't be 100% sure until the new season starts. Yeah, i read about that. But man...there is a good chance is Daryl or that black samurai lady. Due to the amount of seasons survived in this show....good chance is Daryl sad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheHulk
Yeah, i read about that. But man...there is a good chance is Daryl or that black samurai lady. Due to the amount of seasons survived in this show....good chance is Daryl sad

Could be Abraham, as he got the arrow from Dwight in comics instead of Denise, as the writer didn't want "Team Grimes" to have anyone with actual military experience helping them in the confrontations with Negan.

One_Angry_Scot
Could be Abraham, as he got the arrow from Dwight in comics instead of Denise, as the writer didn't want "Team Grimes" to have anyone with actual military experience helping them in the confrontations with Negan.

I thought that Kirkman said he wanted Abe to stay alive for All Out War on the show. I reckon it'll be Glenn. At all the filming locations Steven Yeun is the only person who hasn't been spotted after a certain day when they finished filming on a certain day. Not a 100% proof but something I just remembered.

riv6672
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I thought that Kirkman said he wanted Abe to stay alive for All Out War on the show. I reckon it'll be Glenn. At all the filming locations Steven Yeun is the only person who hasn't been spotted after a certain day when they finished filming on a certain day. Not a 100% proof but something I just remembered.
NOOOOO!!!!

StiltmanFTW

Ah, so he wanted a change, much like the Governor didn't chop Rick's hand off in the show, for example. They're having it way too easy in the tv series!

Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

One_Angry_Scot
Ah, so he wanted a change, much like the Governor didn't chop Rick's hand off in the show, for example. They're having it way too easy in the tv series!

Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

Yeah Rick is getting pretty lucky, but I think in the show if he had one hand it'd probably not be as good. He'd probably have been dead months ago. The info is from The Spoiling Dead Forums. They have a few bits there

StiltmanFTW
Now that's a great name for a message board laughing out loud Accurate as hell, too.

I hope Negan won't get as much neutered as the Governor...

riv6672
Yeah Rick is getting pretty lucky, but I think in the show if he had one hand it'd probably not be as good. He'd probably have been dead months ago. The info is from The Spoiling Dead Forums. They have a few bits there
Haha, thats clever!

h1a8
To judge skill we should only use characters with peak human stats or less. Otherwise, flash is the greatest MA ever since reflexes and movement speed are everything in MA.

A character with no superhuman speed and reflexes doing well against another with those powers proves that the character is superior in skill.

StiltmanFTW
You should just stop posting, you know.

riv6672
^^^I wasnt thinking that exactly, but close! laughing

beatboks
Originally posted by Digi
Grendal and Shadow are good calls.

thumb up

I certainly think so.

Hunter Rose is a bloody cool character and the Shadow is the absolute bomb. His fights on the wings of planes in flight etc. PLUS his whole "cloud men's minds" is a MA mind trick to boot.

RealityWarper
1) Grendel Prime isn't bad.

2) Kenshiro, definitely.

Galan007
Haven't bothered to look, but I'm hoping to God someone has mentioned Ninjak.

Hands down.

riv6672
^^^Never heard of her.

Galan007
I hope Bada bans you.

...Slowly. sly

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
Fought Wizards, demons, vampires, Hodags, John Wayne, Bruce Lee, Paul Bunyan, Santa Clause, won his reality's greatest martial arts invitational, willing to fight ex Nazi transexual nuns...he's at a cartoon level at his high end showings.
Plus i like him, so he's just below KK.

.....the writer has taken all the drugs.

riv6672
Mike Baron wrote the first Wally West as Flash Post Crisis series; he turned a lot of heads with thst, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.