Riri Williams...the Invincible Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
So another member of the Avengers is being replaced

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/iron-man-tony-stark-to-be-replaced-by-15-year-old-african-american-riri-williams-in-marvel-comics/ar-BBu0uty?li=AAdeCd7&ocid=spartanntp

WHY do they keep doing this? Replacing character. We have a female Thor and an African American cap (Falcon is still cap isn't he?)...it's like they've now combined those two now for this new character to be Iron man.

Kazenji
Well going by the recent Marvel Now Teaser, It seems they kill off Tony Stark

when i was reading current Invincible Iron Man book, I was thinking that Riri was going to replace James Rhodes as War Machine the way they seemed to be showing it.

steverules_2
They're killing off Tony Stark...least original Thor and cap were alive. I'm sure he'll be revived sometime in the future, probably around the time infinity wars comes out.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
They're killing off Tony Stark.

Well its not confirmed or anything.

steverules_2
Well okay IF they kill him off, I dunno why he'd stop being Iron Man though, I mean with Thor Fury whispered something that made him unworthy and cap had the super soldier serum neutralized by Iron nail..be interesting to see what the plan is with Stark

BruceSkywalker
I already know Stark will return at some point...

will give her a chance....

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

will give her a chance....

Same here

unlike many other people on the internet having a cry about it.

Kazenji
Doom will also be Iron Man.

AlmightyKfish
The Doom as Iron Man thing is interesting, especially as a continuation of his changes since Secret Wars.

Unfortunately it is still Bendis writing him, who I have very little faith in to write a decent Doom, especially as a POV character.

steverules_2
So is DOOM a hero now?

BruceSkywalker
So is DOOM a hero now?

that will be up for interpretation.. much like when Marvel had Doc Ock as Spiderman , which I liked a whole lot

steverules_2
But DOOM won't be in Starks body

Kazenji

Don't worry they've done that before in a 'What if' story.

BruceSkywalker

what makes you so sure big grin

Endless Mike
I don't get why they would call a female character "Iron Man". Is "Iron Woman" copyrighted or something?

steverules_2
Cuz it's sexist

krisblaze
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I don't get why they would call a female character "Iron Man". Is "Iron Woman" copyrighted or something?

You're a misogynistic shitlord for even implying that a woman can't be a man.

Kazenji
Seems all signs point to Tony Stark dying, From some spoilers revealed for the Infamous Iron Man book.

staxamillion
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
that will be up for interpretation.. much like when Marvel had Doc Ock as Spiderman , which I liked a whole lot

+1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.