Beast Vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/AllNewX-Men10-beast.png

No prep.
No BFR.
No weapons, though DCnu Bane has Venom.
Midtown Manhattan rooftop to start.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_y0BcL4aD-0/hqdefault.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Bane for the majority.

Beast has a chance if he goes for the hoses and severs them, like Croc did in their fight in the sewers.

riv6672
No advantage in strength and agility for Beast then IYO?
Thanks.

StiltmanFTW
Strength? No, I really don't think so. NuBane should be superior in that department.

Agility, yes, no doubt goes to Beast. Would help him a lot, if he fought smart and targeted the venom hoses from the start.

Blue Area Vet
I see Beast smartly pulling those hoses out, maybe slinging him around by them.

riv6672
So its all about the hoses, then.

Not trying be funny. I guess its too big a weak point. You'd think Bane'd find a better system.

CosmicComet
True.

Bane needs to apply venom patches instead.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet
True.

Bane needs to apply venom patches instead.

Like in Batman Beyond? big grin

riv6672
Something like that yeah. For as smart as he's supposed to be, you think he'd have thought that through a little better.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Like in Batman Beyond? big grin

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/batman-beyond-season-1-9-the-winning-edge-slappers-drugs-steroid-venom-bane-review.jpg

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

CosmicComet
That's you overdosing breh

carver9
Beast

Sin I AM
Tough. Beast hasn't had a good showing since danger. Plus his h2h isn't that great. Strength should be a wash or slight edge to him. Undecided

Zack M
Bane.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
Bane.

laughing out loud

That's a ZM special right there.

Zack M
Beast is too much of a pussy cat to win.

Blue Area Vet

Fight the Marvelous Power embarrasment

Sin I AM

Not really. He is a decent fighter he's just underused.

riv6672
Pussy. Right up there with jobber as reasoning i dismiss. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
He has a terrible track record, that much is true... and all those transformation-upgrades that turned out to be nothing special... sigh. Such a waste.

McCoy is much like Richards, more of a scientist than a combatant.

Zack M
He's a lover not a fighter.

StiltmanFTW
Speaking of love, is he still banging Abigail?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He has a terrible track record, that much is true... and all those transformation-upgrades that turned out to be nothing special... sigh. Such a waste.

McCoy is much like Richards, more of a scientist than a combatant.

Not classic beast. He was the teams strong man

StiltmanFTW
He had a few temporary strength upgrades back in the classic days. Like the time when he helped Hercules and the Hulk with bending the metal bars.

riv6672
And he pulled his weight on the Avengers.

Sin I AM
It's not his stats that questionable it's his h2h. I vaguely remember cap n matt owning him

StiltmanFTW
They did.

Wolverine one-shotted him on two occasions, in EOTS and in Astonishing... in the latter, Logan was devolved to the kid state and Beast went full feral, because of Cassandra... but still made Hank flee with a single stab, off-panel.

DarkSaint85
O, a moose! Help!!!!

Greatest Logan scene, right there.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

He still won haermm

Zack M
I'd give this to classic Beast. Classic Beast was a beast. Even surprised Simon/thing with his strength among other incredible feats.

StiltmanFTW
Was a temporary boost, though. Unless you mean he was operating at standard non-buffed power levels?

Zack M
No, I think this was just standard Beast. A poster by the name of ZBrox posted a slew of impressive feats in a thead: Beast vs Captain America on Herochat/Wizard world boards.

Vanguard
This is a close fight. But I go Bane because of his skill.

Sin I AM
Im curious how Bane would handle Beast natural weapons. His claws should eviscerate him in cqc

StiltmanFTW
@Golgo

It's hard to tell, as he was looking just the same with said buff(s).

NuBane had an excellent track record, only failed at the very end - like all villains do. Bendis' "upgrade" didn't do much for Beast aside from changing his looks again, did it? I only remember Kaine pwning him in like 2-3 panels.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Im curious how Bane would handle Beast natural weapons. His claws should eviscerate him in cqc

Bane has a great damage soak, piercing dmg is not a threat to him... unless the venom supply gets cut off, then he'll suffer a nasty withdrawal and bleeding out would take a considerable toll on him/speed up the debilitating withdrawal effects.

Anyway, CIS/CIP is still on, Beast is not ruthless as Creed noted (unless he goes berserk, like vs. Danger).

riv6672
This was fun to read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.