Darth Vader's Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Petrus
How do you think we can effectively determine when was Vader's prime, and why?

Emperordmb
Personally, Vader was kinda sheeeyat in 19 BBY, but from 18 BBY to ROTJ I don't really notice too much of a difference.

Zenwolf
When we see him doing something more impressive than what he's done in the past...or it's noted he grew in power...or both!

The Ellimist
Legends: RotJ or RotS
Canon: not sure

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Legends: RotJ or RotS
Canon: not sure

Petrus
RotJ or RotS? There are a lot of years between those two. You're saying Vader's prime is so hard to quantify we can't even establish something in between 20 years?

The Ellimist
No, I mean pre-suit Vader may have been his prime.

Kurk
I say Rebels era when he's still fresh with hate

Petrus
No, I mean pre-suit Vader may have been his prime.

Not in terms of power, that's for sure.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Petrus
Not in terms of power, that's for sure.

"Zonakin"'s performance against Dooku isn't something I think RotJ Vader could have replicated.

Petrus
"Zonakin"'s performance against Dooku isn't something I think RotJ Vader could have replicated.

Sure, but RotS Vader would never have been able to crush AT-ATs, for example.

The Ellimist
How do you know?

Petrus
Becase RotS Vader is basically as powerful as RotS Anakin, and we know he's not capable of such feats, nor do we ever see him perform actions of that magnitude. Everything we see him do doesn't compare to the amount of power required to butcher AT-ATs with the Force.

Syndicate
Legends: RotJ.
Canon: Rebels.

|King Joker|
Canon, he's probably at his best from Rebels to ANH, before Luke comes into the picture and Vader realizes he's his father.

Rebel95
Rotj

Rebel95
Luke affected Vader mentally/emotionally. He was most powerful during Rotj, but he was conflicted.

DarthAnt66
ANH.

NewGuy01

Emperordmb
He's talking about pre-suit obviously.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He's talking about pre-suit obviously. Sas just got Sas'd. smile

NewGuy01
Not necessarily. I just paired Petrus' reaction to "RotS Vader" here,

with the fact that comparing RotS Anakin and pre-suit Vader as Force users would be redundant. So I took the opposite route in my response.

The real answer is that this is all an excuse to legitimize posting my favorite RotS quote in any thread I can.

Darth Thor
Rewatched Siege of Lothal (still the best Rebels episode IMO), and that scene of Vader in the Tie Fighter was just so bad ass.

Based on that alone I'd say Vader's not only in his prime but arguably more powerful than Yoda or Sidious.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Rewatched Siege of Lothal (still the best Rebels episode IMO), and that scene of Vader in the Tie Fighter was just so bad ass.

Based on that alone I'd say Vader's not only in his prime but arguably more powerful than Yoda or Sidious.

How'd you come to that conclusion when he just flew his TIE Fighter?

NewGuy01
TFU2 > TFU=Rebels > ANH > ESB/ROTJ > Purge

The Ellimist
You're mixing canon and legends. Legends OT Vader is certainly above Canon Vader.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How'd you come to that conclusion when he just flew his TIE Fighter?

You have feats or accolades for Yoda or Sidious which shows they would be as good in a single Tie-Fighter?

Zenwolf
Edit: Ooooh...alright, I see what you did there..

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
No, but I don't see what that has to do with Vader being overall above the two.

Well I said arguably, because in the big scheme of things when it comes to a Galactic Civil War, Space Battles are more likely to help one defend or take over the Galaxy than being good at fencing..

The Death Star wasn't destroyed via a Saber duel after all.

And 1 single Tie fighter pilot in 1 single Tie soloing a fleet is the kind of power that would turn the tides of a War don't you think?

quanchi112

Based on that alone I'd say Vader's not only in his prime but arguably more powerful than Yoda or Sidious. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Fanboyism.

The_Tempest
Well I said arguably, because in the big scheme of things when it comes to a Galactic Civil War, Space Battles are more likely to help one defend or take over the Galaxy than being good at fencing..

And 1 single Tie fighter pilot in 1 single Tie soloing a fleet is the kind of power that would turn the tides of a War don't you think?

You're a bit of a Sith whore, Thor. First you loved Dooku, then Maul, now Vader. They all bend the knee to Sheev, who's better than all of them. ^_^

quanchi112

And 1 single Tie fighter pilot in 1 single Tie soloing a fleet is the kind of power that would turn the tides of a War don't you think? Did Vader and his imperial empire win in the end ? Or did he turn after his son easily decimated him in combat ? Based off your logic Luke is the man since he destroyed a Death Star. Dameron Poe also was pivotal in destroying the Starkiller which shits all over Vader destroying some shitty rebels before he was beaten by small band of misfits in that rebels episode. Do you ever think before you post ?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did Vader and his imperial empire win in the end ?

wtf is an imperial empire quan

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The_Tempest
You're a bit of a Sith whore, Thor. First you loved Dooku, then Maul, now Vader. They all bend the knee to Sheev, who's better than all of them. ^_^

I've always been a fan of all 3. Ask Sidious66. He'll confirm that.

Anyway I'm not enough of a whore to move onto Sheev stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by The_Tempest
wtf is an imperial empire quan Impressive**

Autocorrect.

Darth Thor
I think Quan has forgotten the Rebellion had Luke Skywalker on side.

quanchi112
I've always been a fan of all 3. Ask Sidious66. He'll confirm that.

Anyway I'm not enough of a whore to move onto Sheev stick out tongue You disgust me.

McP
Vader in Rebles is stated to be in his prime, but he cannot even comfortable beat Ahsoka. A few years after, he couldn't beat old Ben (who is still confirmed to be weaker version of his ROTS self).

Vader has great showings, but - unfortunately - not a single one in a duel against powerful Force user. He perhaps can compete with Yoda and Sidious in terms of empty statements. But in terms of feats, he would be stomped by them, and also, would be beaten by ROTS Anakin, Mace, Count Dooku...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
Vader in Rebles is stated to be in his prime, but he cannot even comfortable beat Ahsoka. A few years after, he couldn't beat old Ben (who is still confirmed to be weaker version of his ROTS self).

Vader vs Ahsoka was pretty one sided tbh. Unlike Maul vs Ahsoka which was pretty even.

Old Ben isn't confirmed to be weaker in Canon.

Originally posted by McP
Vader has great showings, but - unfortunately - not a single one in a duel against powerful Force user. He perhaps can compete with Yoda and Sidious in terms of empty statements. But in terms of feats, he would be stomped by them, and also, would be beaten by ROTS Anakin, Mace, Count Dooku...

Well those 3 lived in an era where they had many Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith to show their prowess against. The most powerful opponent Vader will have to prove his power against will be Maul.

In terms of feats though, I don't think anyone matched Vader soloing a Rebel fleet. Twice btw. Once in Siege of Lothal and once in Vader Down.

quanchi112
I think Quan has forgotten the Rebellion had Luke Skywalker on side. I didn't forget but he was screwed save for his weak father going back to the light side. Palpatine was moronic in setting up the situation with a father and son. Palpatine was not even armed. All in all weakness and stupidity all across the board.

quanchi112
So now Dt believes old Kenobi isn't slower or weaker than younger Kenobi despite Lucas's clear intent on showing what the Jedi were capable of in their primes. It's noobs like this that give my Star Wars a bad name.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.