Colossus/Thing vs Morlun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's winning this? No bfr.

DarkSaint85
IIRC, radioactivity is needed to harm Morlun, right? Really can't see either of the two, even together, outputting enough to damage him.

He has the speed advantage, and then there is the adamantium net being ripped - which again, I can't see them doing.

Adding fodder to fodder is the same.

StiltmanFTW
A very specific radioactivity, yes.

Even before the net thing, Ezekiel stated that his undergroud bunker with adamantium at its core wouldn't stop Morlun.

Parker also stated that Morlun hit him harder than the Hulk or Thor.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Even before the net thing, Ezekiel stated that his undergroud bunker with adamantium at its core wouldn't stop Morlun.

Do you think Morlun could beat Hulk or Thor?

StiltmanFTW
Hulk? Yes.

Thor? Also yes, unless Thor tries something really fancy, like that "soul suck" or whatever. Morlun has been shown to be vulnerable to life drain.

Delta1938

I thought it was he drained Totem's life force so Pete was hurt way worse than he was physically hit?

leonidas
i think that is what the initial explanation was. later i THINK it was retconned into morlun just being that f'ing beastly. could be wrong though....

Delta1938
Originally posted by leonidas
i think that is what the initial explanation was. later i THINK it was retconned into morlun just being that f'ing beastly. could be wrong though....

Well, I'll be watching to see someone confirm or not.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Delta1938
I thought it was he drained Totem's life force so Pete was hurt way worse than he was physically hit?

You could argue that he had some special effect like that on Parker, sure. Suggested that myself plenty of times, in fact.

But Morlun's been shown to actively use his absorption ability, via making contact, with the same artist (Romita Jr.) coming up with the pinkish graphic effect to show us that's exactly what he's doing.

So there's at least that to argue that his absorption is not a 24/7 passive ability. Ezekiel, who was much more vulnerable to his powers than Parker, succumbed not after simply making contact with him, but after the life drain move specifically.

Delta1938
You could argue that he had some special effect like that on Parker, sure. Suggested that myself plenty of times, in fact.

But Morlun's been shown to actively use his absorption ability, via making contact, with the same artist (Romita Jr.) coming up with the pinkish graphic effect to show us that's exactly what he's doing.

So there's at least that to argue that his absorption is not a 24/7 passive ability. Ezekiel, who was much more vulnerable to his powers than Parker, succumbed not after simply making contact with him, but after the life drain move specifically.

Where was the storyline? I've become curious and now wanna read it.

DarkSaint85
He doesn't even need to make contact - he drained an alt. Captain Universe that way, IIRC.

In fact, that gives him another offensive string to his bow here. He could conceivably stomp.

StiltmanFTW
The Amazing Spider-Man by Straczynski and Romita Jr... good run.

"Coming Home" arc.

Delta1938
The Amazing Spider-Man by Straczynski and Romita Jr... good run.

"Coming Home" arc.

That doesn't tell me what issues. sneer

StiltmanFTW
Can't risk carver finding out what beast Morlun really is, that'd make him stop making spite threads... and we'd get bored.

carver9
Hulk? Yes.

Thor? Also yes, unless Thor tries something really fancy, like that "soul suck" or whatever. Morlun has been shown to be vulnerable to life drain.

What tier would you place him? He has got to be pretty high for you to think he could fist cuff Hulk to sleep.

StiltmanFTW
His own tier, Juggernaut-esque tier.

That's what his trick is, the character's basically unstoppable... stabbing him doesn't work, beating up on him doesn't work, nuking him doesn't do the job either.

He's one of those supernatural characters that have only a few weaknesses.

Delta1938
His own tier, Juggernaut-esque tier.

That's what his trick is, the character's basically unstoppable... stabbing him doesn't work, beating up on him doesn't work, nuking him doesn't do the job either.

He's one of those supernatural characters that have only a few weaknesses.

I think you made Bootsie die a little on the inside.

DarkSaint85
I wanted to use Morlun for my BZ thread.

That alone should tell you how haxxed he is.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wanted to use Morlun for my BZ thread.

That alone should tell you how haxxed he is.

Like Bootsie fearing Imperiex Probes?

DarkSaint85
Or Bizarro/Fate/Vulcan against a magical, energy wielder who had already been outsped and thrashed handily lol.

carver9
I think you made Bootsie die a little on the inside.

Who is Bootsie? Anyways, I'm sure if he thinks Morlun can take on Hulk and beat him, Morlun can also thrash Superman easily.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Who is Bootsie? Anyways, I'm sure if he thinks Morlun can take on Hulk and beat him, Morlun can also thrash Superman easily.

You're Bootsie of course, Coward9, the Fearful One. Don't play dumb. Oh wait, you're not playing. vin

carver9
You're Bootsie of course, Coward9, the Fearful One. Don't play dumb. Oh wait, you're not playing. vin

I just Googled the meaning of Bootsie.

Definition: "the unstoppable one. The one who's presence is graced when walking in front of a crowd. Bootsie means emperor over all".

Damn, I like that. Thanks Delta.

StiltmanFTW

Definition: "the unstoppable one. The one who's presence is graced when walking in front of a crowd. Bootsie means emperor over all".

Fleece has just heard that you like being called a bootsie...

XZ-ioUcUL6k

Say your prayers, carv.

Delta1938

I don't think you know how to use Google. Let me help.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bootsie

Also, I've told you before why I call you that.

Sin I AM
Hulk? Yes.

Youre basing this off what exactly? The wakanda showing? The alr reality mooks he slaughtered?

krisblaze
Hulk? Yes.

This is absurd.

Hulk or Thor would absolutely murder Morlun.

If he hit harder than either of them then Spidey would've been a stain.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
This is absurd.

I think he's just giving carver a hard time. But im curious if he's serious what makes him think so

leonidas
i don't think he is.....

Delta1938
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I think he's just giving carver a hard time. But im curious if he's serious what makes him think so

All you need to give carter a hard time is ask him what 2+2 is. big grin

JayDaDon
Is Morlun's power drawn from Animal totems alone? If so have we seen him fight against non-totems?

DarkSaint85
He drained an alt. reality Cap Universe dry. And random humans.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He drained an alt. reality Cap Universe dry. And random humans.

And an alt Genis. But he said his energy was recycled. Not to his palate. Solus was the one who drained the alt Captain Universe.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Is Morlun's power drawn from Animal totems alone? If so have we seen him fight against non-totems?

He has to occasionally draw from either 4 totems to restore himself if he is really drained but otherwise he can drain anything.

Originally posted by krisblaze
This is absurd.

Not saying I agree either way but don't forget Morlun never intended to kill Spidey entirely for a time. Plus like all characters can control the strength of his hits.

One_Angry_Scot
I made this a while back if you anybody wants to take a look.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603142

Anadrol1
An amped spiderman ripped Morlun's throat out. Surely the Thing or Colossus could do that. Not saying they win but this guy is a Spider-Man antagonist after all.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Anadrol1
An amped spiderman ripped Morlun's throat out. Surely the Thing or Colossus could do that. Not saying they win but this guy is a Spider-Man antagonist after all.

There's more to it than that. Many of Spidermans rogues are herald level.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Anadrol1

When Morlun is taken off guard he is susceptible to damage. Which is why when Spider-Man became "The Spider" he killed Morlun because he wasn't expecting it to be this way. The same thing happened when Ezekiel punched him and broke his nose. Whenever Morlun is not concentrating i.e when he is feeding he is susceptible to being damaged. And with the radiation incident Morlun panicked which lead him to become weaker (and having a weakness to the radiation doesn't help either).

You can read Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours for more info on this.

Morlun's servant Dex also said how Morlun always fed in private because of this. So essentially if Morlun isn't focused on feeding then he has his full concentration on whatever task is at hand. Which will make him nigh invulnerable to damage. As shown by withstanding multiple Vibranium tipped nukes etc.

Although technically it isn't a Marvel published comic so you might question it's authenticity but all signs point to it correlating with what we see. And it does seem to stay in the 616 world as well.

Surtur

I think Morlun wins, but I just can't help but laugh at this. Since by all rights if Spider-Man is talking about someone hitting him harder than Thor or the Hulk it should be through a seance held to contact his spirit after he was turned into a fine red mist by a punch beyond Hulk or Thor.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
I think Morlun wins, but I just can't help but laugh at this. Since by all rights if Spider-Man is talking about someone hitting him harder than Thor or the Hulk it should be through a seance held to contact his spirit after he was turned into a fine red mist by a punch beyond Hulk or Thor.

Said character isn't always using his/her full power either. And at that point Morlun wasn't looking to kill him. If Morlun had intended to kill Spider-Man straight away he would have done it within seconds of them meeting.

Surtur
Speaking of holding back..when he says "this person hits harder than Thor or Hulk" what is he even trying to say? By this I mean is he saying Thor legitimately tried to punch Spider-Man as hard as he could? That the Hulk did the same?

Since it would mean Thor tried to murder Spider-Man. The Hulk is more understandable due to rage, but wait no that isn't understandable because the Hulk wouldn't hold back then if he was all pissed off. So does Spider-Man just use some kind of voodoo magic to increase his durability when he encounters Class 100s?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
Speaking of holding back..when he says "this person hits harder than Thor or Hulk" what is he even trying to say? By this I mean is he saying Thor legitimately tried to punch Spider-Man as hard as he could? That the Hulk did the same?

Since it would mean Thor tried to murder Spider-Man. The Hulk is more understandable due to rage, but wait no that isn't understandable because the Hulk wouldn't hold back then if he was all pissed off. So does Spider-Man just use some kind of voodoo magic to increase his durability when he encounters Class 100s?

I believe it's the all powerful thing known as Bendis force. Even if he doesn't write the comic his poison seeps everywhere. Only Dracula is brave enough to fight him off.

Decter
Morlun easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.