Choose Your Sith Master

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
If you were a Dark Side user in SW at any point in time and could select any Sith to mentor you, who would you pick and why?

This seems like something where not even the Bane haters can underestimate him. Bane was a ruthless bastard as befits a Sith but he also had principles and ideals that means he wouldn't just randomly kill or betray you. He honestly wants you to succeed.

In a similar vain, Traya is a good choice.

SunRazer
I'm pretty sure most dark siders would be pissed off by Traya's abstract teachings as Nihilus and Sion were.

The Ellimist
None of them. I wouldn't want to be a dark sider.

chingchangwalla
Probably Plagueis or Dooku. Seem to be less cruel and very intelligent. It depends if I feel like being more of a saber mystro or a force titan

Zenwolf
Palpatine, he won't kill you unless you really **** up and you'd gain a significant position within the GE, controlling abundance of resources depending where you end up(I'd probably either be a Hand or Inquisitor, both have access to plentiful resources). I wouldn't wanna become uber powerful really, that would lead to something of a target being place on your back.

I'd be happy with significant power and vast resources to back that up.

The Ellimist
If I had to pick, Caedus seems to be one of the less cruel sith.

AncientPower
This is easy, but I'll see if anybody else thinks the same.

Beniboybling
Ventress, then we could be lovers. yes

Nephthys
Lana. She's like, the nicest Sith ever.

AncientPower
She isn't and never was, a Sith. Noob.

Total Warrior
Lana Beniko, she seems kind and cute

Fated Xtasy
Kreia tbh

Beniboybling
Lana is a good choice actually. Still Ventress tho.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Palpatine, he won't kill you unless you really **** up

Dooku would wave hi but he's missing his arms. And a head, because treachery is the way of Sidious.

I question placing yourself in the care of a man who executed his subordinates then put their souls in new bodies so e ecould re-kill them.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
I question placing yourself in the care of a man who executed his subordinates then put their souls in new bodies so e ecould re-kill them. Tbfh

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Dooku would wave hi but he's missing his arms. And a head, because treachery is the way of Sidious.

I question placing yourself in the care of a man who executed his subordinates then put their souls in new bodies so e ecould re-kill them.

Palpatine didn't do that on a whim though. He only did the spirit thing once on the Death Star architect and he colossally ****ed up(even though he technically didn't do anything wrong.)

Cronal, Jerec, Palps Hands/Dark Adepts weren't in any danger from him. The worst Palps did was cut off their access to knowledge(Jerec) or switch their positions(Cronal) and those 2 were pretty powerful and Palps Dark Adepts were also noted to be significantly powerful and Palps didn't really do anything to them either.

So I'd take being a Hand since this is being trained by Palps, wouldn't be overly powerful to be much a threat to him and be able to acquire any Imperial resources for use.

Trocity
Plagueis, hands down.

cs_zoltan
Talon, for no particular reason whistle

Jmanghan
You mentioned Bane, so are we talking just Banite, or everyone?

Beniboybling
He also mentioned Traya, I think the answer might be obvious. smile

DarthAnt66
Caedus or Kun.

Nephthys
Yeah, Caedus was a great master. What with all the torture and everything.

Deronn_solo
Lana, or Lumiya.

Kurk
Dooku without a doubt

Emperordmb
Bane

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Talon, for no particular reason whistle

Petrus
Lana Beniko or Plagueis tbfh

EmperorSidious2
Plagueis probably.

|King Joker|
Potentially, I'd want: Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Exar Kun, or Asajj Ventress.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Potentially, I'd want: Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Exar Kun, or Asajj Ventress.
Aside from the fact that she has so much less knowledge of the Force than anyone else there... are you sure you could handle those full lips m8?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Vitiate would be a fantastic master, just look at Exal Kressh

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Aside from the fact that she has so much less knowledge of the Force than anyone else there... are you sure you could handle those full lips m8? Don't really care too much about that, since she's just cool in general and an impressive fighter. Plus, she has Nightsister tradition and lore that could be fun to explore.

As for her lips, I don't think anyone can actually handle them. smile

Emperordmb
Dooku seemed to not have a problem when he was raping her in DR

ILS
Krayt, Malgus or Ulic would be cool.

Also feel like Savage with years of experience would have made for a great teacher, given his aptitude for learning and the fact he comes from a tight-knit Nightbrother background that's less cruel than traditional Sith.

Kurk
Don't really care too much about that, since she's just cool in general and an impressive fighter. Plus, she has Nightsister tradition and lore that could be fun to explore.

Someone enjoyed reading DD

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Kurk
Someone enjoyed reading DD I enjoyed it at first, but in retrospect I realized it was horribly written.

Chosen_Sith
Darth Millenial. I would learn what he had to teach and use the great precognitive abilities gained via his teachings to pin-point Set Harth's location. Kill him, take andeddu's holocron, and live for centuries.

Emperordmb
Cognus's pre-cog>>>

Chosen_Sith
Cognus's pre-cog>>>

Training under Cognus would mean I'd be part of the rule of two. It would be expected for me to take on an apprentice who would later kill me. Darth Millenial is a safer bet. wink

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Chosen_Sith
Training under Cognus would mean I'd be part of the rule of two. It would be expected for me to take on an apprentice who would later kill me. Darth Millenial is a safer bet. wink
Yeah but you could train under the obviously superior Darth Cognus then run away like a ***** like Millenial did if you're that concerned about your survival.

relentless1
Sidious easy, why learn from anyone less powerful?

Emperordmb
Because they won't **** you over obviously.

Deronn_solo
Because they won't **** you over obviously.
thumb up

ares834
Darth Plagueis easily.

Kurk
I enjoyed it at first, but in retrospect I realized it was horribly written.
It wasn't THAT bad, by no means good but not horrible.

SunRazer
Plagueis is damn harsh in his training, but once you get past that he's the best.

That said, I'm going with Vectivus. If the stories are true.

Chosen_Sith
Yeah but you could train under the obviously superior Darth Cognus then run away like a ***** like Millenial did if you're that concerned about your survival.

Good point. Except, I think she'd be less likely to let her second student go.

NewGuy01
Vectivus.

Rebel95
Plagueis

Petrus
Originally posted by SunRazer
Plagueis is damn harsh in his training, but once you get past that he's the best.

That said, I'm going with Vectivus. If the stories are true.

What are the stories?

And I don't get the attraction people feel towards Ventress tbh.

SunRazer
That Vectivus didn't harbor the typical ill emotions and evil mindset of Sith and that he just learnt the dark side of the Force for the sake of his own wellbeing/protection or something like that. He apparently died surrounded by family and friends or something.

Ergo - if it's true, he's kind of the only normal Sith.

quanchi112
That Vectivus didn't harbor the typical ill emotions and evil mindset of Sith and that he just learnt the dark side of the Force for the sake of his own wellbeing/protection or something like that. He apparently died surrounded by family and friends or something.

Ergo - if it's true, he's kind of the only normal Sith. Sounds like a pussy tbh.

SunRazer
But Maul begging Sheev to "Have mercy, please, PLEASE" is manly, right?

quanchi112
But Maul begging Sheev to "Have mercy, please, PLEASE" is manly, right? That moment was weak but he overcame himself the next time he faced off against Palpatine in the comics. He manned the **** up.

Rebel95
Originally posted by quanchi112
he overcame himself the next time he faced off against Palpatine in the comics.
When did they face off again?

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
That moment was weak but he overcame himself the next time he faced off against Palpatine in the comics. He manned the **** up.
Yeah b/c he was in a position of power

SunRazer
Originally posted by Rebel95
When did they face off again?

He means Issue #4, where Maul pretty much just channels power into Talzin to let her hold off Palpatine.

Dark-Kenshin
Darth Gravid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
When did they face off again? Comics.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Yeah b/c he was in a position of power He wanted to have a go at Palpatine after Talzin was killed. He was better and ever resolute in his hatred of Palpatine.

SunRazer
You mean with Talzin by his side. Once Talzin died, he started crying again. He knows he can't challenge Palpatine without Talzin's aid.

quanchi112
You mean with Talzin by his side. Once Talzin died, he started crying again. He knows he can't challenge Palpatine without Talzin's aid. He was held back and it wasn't just Palpatine but Dooku and Grievous. Palpatine ironically didn't face Talzin on his own

SunRazer
You mean in the heart of her power with Maul and an army of Nightsisters/Nightbrothers by her side? Yes, it's no wonder that he chose to have some backup.

Who held back?

The Merchant
Palpatine so I can ride his cawk

Ursumeles
Vectivus, Caedus or Beniko

Azronger
Darth Plaguies. Immortality FTW!

chingchangwalla
^ Correct Answer. Silly Sheev

MythLord
Plagueis.

Normally I would pick Sidious or Tyranus, but either way I'll be a pawn and have my head lobbed off eventually.

chingchangwalla
So it seems the academics and scholarly individuals are the go here?
Traya and Plagueis are two of the 'nicer' Sith also

SunRazer
Traya's hardly "nice". You'd be looking for Vectivus if you desired that trait.

MythLord
Gravid or Gean are good, as well, tbh.

SunRazer
I don't expect Gean to be nice, lol.

chingchangwalla
Traya's hardly "nice". You'd be looking for Vectivus if you desired that trait.
Well she would treat you with a touch of respect. With Dooku or Sidious as your master, as soon as you become even a tiny bit powerful, betrayal comes a knockin. Like seriously, Sidious was worried that Ventress might become a partial 'threat' which is ludicrous.

Total Warrior
Darth tyranus for me

SunRazer
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Well she would treat you with a touch of respect. With Dooku or Sidious as your master, as soon as you become even a tiny bit powerful, betrayal comes a knockin. Like seriously, Sidious was worried that Ventress might become a partial 'threat' which is ludicrous.

Traya treated the Exile with respect because she was unique, lol.

chingchangwalla
Traya treated the Exile with respect because she was unique, lol.
So am I 💁🏼
Traya will treat me with respect.

MythLord
I don't expect Gean to be nice, lol.

Eh, Gravid would've had some influence on her.

Kurk
Best master ever. Understanding, but assertive when needed.
7bYqIksEOek

SunRazer
lol Tyranus is exactly the type of figure who would order your death the moment he thinks you're threatening his power laughing out loud

I maintain that Vectivus is by far the best candidate, followed by somebody like Plagueis, provided that he thinks that you're Sidious-material smile

chingchangwalla
^ Nah, only if Sidious tells him.

SunRazer
The RotS novel has Dooku viewing everything in the universe as an asset or threat, and whenever something ceases to become an asset, it's a threat.

I wouldn't want a Master with such a black-and-white view of things.

Kurk
I'm going off only that scene with him training Savage. Sidious just abuses you to the point where you become insane. Dooku's a nice mix between understanding and discipline.

JKBart
Yeah, Vectivus, or Gravid. If he told me "screw dark side" then I would be like "k sure i'll bring fire"

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
Eh, Gravid would've had some influence on her.
Some, but I doubt that it is very big tbh.

lol Tyranus is exactly the type of figure who would order your death the moment he thinks you're threatening his power laughing out loud

I maintain that Vectivus is by far the best candidate, followed by somebody like Plagueis, provided that he thinks that you're Sidious-material smile
What would ve an bad thing about Vectivus? Givesbit some?

NewGuy01
Darth Talon.

Kurk
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Darth Talon.
smokin' smokin'

Beniboybling
Bane, to make me look better.

relentless1
Sidious, dude was the best the Sith ever produced; mentally and physically, why not learn from the best amirite??

Ursumeles
I doubt that Vectivus would kill you so easily, as Sidious would. Maybe you could be even friends with him.
Dooku or Sidious wojld kill you, if you are just a potential threath.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.