What can the strongest Star Wars chatacters bust?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
As said in the title. Can SW characters destroy a city, state, country, or a planet? Under their own powers of course.

Nephthys
Well, Nihilus and Vitiate can lifewipe planets and Sidious can destroy fleets.

Not sure about the One's being counted, but presumably they can do far greater than that.

NewGuy01
Depends on what you define as busting. Assuming you're measuring this in terms of pure physical devastation, the Force Storms that Palpatine can conjure probably stand at the top. That being said, it's not like Palpatine could cause similar devastation with conventional powers... So even Star Wars characters that are stronger than him may not be able to produce equal devastation.

Palpatine's Force Storms, with time, could destroy the surface of an entire planet though. Other than that, the most impressive "busting" feat I can think of is Abeloth blowing up a city. (Presumably with TK)

Syndicate
Wow NG nice underrating of Palps. His force storms were stated to be capable of consuming ALL of space.

Checkmate atheists. Where's your god now?

cs_zoltan
Nowhere. That's the point.

Nephthys
Shagging Homura.

The Ellimist
Unleashing the full power of his hatred, he conjures a Force Storm that threatens to consume all of space, including the New Republic fleet.
- The Comics Companion

thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Syndicate
Wow NG nice underrating of Palps. His force storms were stated to be capable of consuming ALL of space.

That may well be true. Palpatine wouldn't live long enough to see it happen, though.

I feel like there's a joke here, and I don't get it.

The Ellimist
But ignoring that, the likes of Sidious can at least tear open the surface of a planet, and he speculated that some day he'd be able to literally planet bust. With his meditation sphere or whatever Naga Sadow could bust stars, but busting planetary surfaces is, barring the consuming space quote, the highest level of destruction we've seen (not that I'm saying anything original right now).

Without Force storms, drain, ritual, etc., I could imagine continent busting actually if it were a massive unleashing of power, given that Force users have torn apart capital ships capable of withstanding such firepower - although that might not translate into being able to generate that level of AoE.

Syndicate
Wait he really mused on doing that? Do you have the quote?

NewGuy01
Well, keep in mind that these ships can withstand that firepower only because they have equally advanced deflector shields. Shields that I doubt could keep out the Force--from there, it's just a hunk of metal.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
But ignoring that, the likes of Sidious can at least tear open the surface of a planet, and he speculated that some day he'd be able to literally planet bust. With his meditation sphere or whatever Naga Sadow could bust stars, but busting planetary surfaces is, barring the consuming space quote, the highest level of destruction we've seen (not that I'm saying anything original right now).

Without Force storms, drain, ritual, etc., I could imagine continent busting actually if it were a massive unleashing of power, given that Force users have torn apart capital ships capable of withstanding such firepower - although that might not translate into being able to generate that level of AoE.

It probably can, since Dark Jedi Padawans can bust hundreds of homes by bringing down lighting from the sky. So there could be some pretty devastating AOE attacks on a much bigger scale.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Ones are universe busters. smile

The Ellimist
NG: yeah that's true. I guess the largest fireballs generated without storms would be, I dunno, Galen's suicide blast maybe? Aside from Abeloth's destroying sinkhole station.

Synd: I remember someone claiming it was in one of Sidious's writings, but I don't have the quote/not completely sure if it exists

Darth Abonis
Abeloth destroyed an entire city on Kesh

BazookaMaster
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/10/9786/Bastila_Shan_-_Jedi_Enclave.png

: p

MythLord
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Ones are universe busters. smile

thumb up

Sinious
BazookaMaster knows his SW. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by MythLord
thumb up

Ones vs IG smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.