Jedi Dooku vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

*Pre TPM Dooku when Jinn was his padawan

Kurk
Call the man by his full name

|King Joker|
Ulic.

AncientPower
Ulic.

Deronn_solo
Ulic sweeps.

Jmanghan
Dooku beat Mace back then.

I dunno how all of these characters suddenly got so great over the years when nothing has changed.

chingchangwalla
Why is everyone so confident in Ulic's win? This is a close fight.

Kurk
I mean Dooku got a power boost from the dark side but his Makashi saber skills were the same.

chingchangwalla
No they weren't, his saber skills got better too but not by that much

RHaggis
Qel-Droma

Kurk
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
No they weren't, his saber skills got better too but not by that much
right, what I mean is he didn't have much to learn from Sidious if anything at all.

chingchangwalla
Sidious was shit af with sabers anyway, Dooku would be the one teaching Sheev.

Emperordmb
Ulic sweeps
Sidious was shit af with sabers anyway, Dooku would be the one teaching Sheev.
No

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ulic sweeps

No

Yes. In pure technical saber skill, Sheev was nothing.

AncientPower
He was a composite ambidextrous master of all lightsaber forms... he'd school Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes. In pure technical saber skill, Sheev was nothing.

Absolutely disgusting.

chingchangwalla
If you gave him the force power of Council level masters, he's ****ed. His biggest advantage is his force speed, he can just blitz anyone because he's so powerful. Take that power away and he loses that speed and gets wrecked

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Absolutely disgusting.

SunRazer
Considering Sidious is stated on the website to be capable of besting any Jedi duelist, I doubt it. Nick Gillard also mentioned that he was an ambidextrous master of every style of every weapon, can switch between them on a whim, and essentially implies that you can't beat him.

Kurk
If you gave him the force power of Council level masters, he's ****ed. His biggest advantage is his force speed, he can just blitz anyone because he's so powerful. Take that power away and he loses that speed and gets wrecked
true to a point. He's a bit reliant on it. Dooku would be teaching Sheev Makashi that's for sure.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^lmao.

chingchangwalla
His movesets require large force power, just watch him blocking Savage's attack behind his back in TCW. If he couldn't amplify his strength and speed to a large degree, he's ****ed! He can just lean on that power, take it away and death is certain

SunRazer
He also held back immensely throughout the TCW fight.

The "Sheev sucks at dueling" brigade have just invented another form of cancer.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Are you serious right now, Ching? erm

If you took away Dooku's ability to, "amplify his speed and strength to a large degree," he's also ****ed against Savage. This logic applies to literally just about anyone in Star Wars of significant age. Sheev is already a confirmed God-tier swordsman, and has proved this by destroying or keeping up with other god tier duelists, even when their power starts to rival his own, (see Windu, see Yoda).

Stop parroting Jensaarai.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by SunRazer
He also held back immensely throughout the TCW fight.

In combative force powers like lightning and TK yes, but his augmentation was not being held back. He took horns in the stomach from Savage and laughed, imagine if his augmentation was Obi-Wan level lmao

SunRazer
Imagine if Dooku's augmentation was Drallig level. Anakin would've crushed him even faster thumb up

chingchangwalla
Are you serious right now, Ching? erm

If you took away Dooku's ability to, "amplify his speed and strength to a large degree," he's also ****ed against Savage. This logic applies to literally just about anyone in Star Wars of significant age. Sheev is already a confirmed God-tier swordsman, and has proved this by destroying or keeping up with other god tier duelists, even when their power starts to rival his own, (see Windu, see Yoda).

Stop parroting Jensaarai.

So with standard augmentation, you reckon he can take anyone with ease? Lmao I hate Jensaarai and when has he said this?

SunRazer
What the hell is "standard augmentation"? Do you realize that most duelists rely on their augmentation as much as their skill, and that Sheev is hardly the only one who does so?

Give Dooku "standard augmentation" and his wrists break upon clashing with any respectable duelist's saber.

chingchangwalla
Yeah sorry that was vague, imagine Sidious had the augmentation level of mid-tier council members. His sloppy attacks couldn't be masked with his amazing force speed

chingchangwalla
He didn't beat Kolar, Tiin with skill... his speed augmentation was just blinding

DarthAnt66
Absolutely disgusting.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Going to give me some actual arguments?

DarthAnt66
"Pertaining to whether Sidious is right-handed or left-handed with a lightsaber, he's ambidextrous. He's just that good. Sidious' abilities are beyond anything we've experienced. It took a really long time for Nick (Gillard) to work out Sidious' fighting style, and he has a style that's constantly changing. His style is one in which you'll never get the better of him. It is ambiguous - he'll fight less than you and draw you in; you're a sucker if you think you're going to better him. Sidious is a master of every weapon and every style."

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. thumb up

Kurk
He's not better than Dooku in pure Makashi. Sidious's proficiency in each form combined with his utilization of all of the forms in combat with his incredible augmentation makes him unpredictable in a duel. I wouldn't say he's better than the top masters of each form in a fight using solely that form if that makes any sense.

chingchangwalla
He doesn't even use all forms in combat. He mainly just uses Ataru and Juyo because thats all he needs. He's that powerful he doesn't need to use all these forms, he can afford to be sloppy because his augmentation is just that good.

DarthAnt66
You're contradicting yourself.

Deronn_solo
laughing out loud

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You're contradicting yourself.

How so? I'm saying he doesn't need to use all forms because his force power is that great?

chingchangwalla
Sidious is the greatest swordsman ever, but not because of his technical skill. His technical skill is poor and thats my argument :/

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Its a trash one.

Sidious is one of the top 3 most technically proficient swordsman in the mythos. smile

Deronn_solo
Nothing you posted suggest Sidious is a poor technical duelist, LMAO.

chingchangwalla
I'm going to work. I'll continue this when I get back :/

AncientPower
Do yourself a massive favor and don't continue this.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by AncientPower
Do yourself a massive favor and don't continue this. thumb up

chingchangwalla
You saw his fight against Mace, when Mace was equal in force power to Sidious thanks to Vapaad's channeling, he won thanks to superior saber skill. and then Anakin ****ed him over

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
A fight in which they were stated as dead equals in skill, (IIRC,) and one that Palpatine may have threw.

Nice job proving that Palpatine is arguably second to none in technical skill. thumb up

AncientPower
Yoda > Sheev > Windu tbh.

Syndicate
Ulic in a close fight.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Considering Sidious is stated on the website to be capable of besting any Jedi duelist, I doubt it. Nick Gillard also mentioned that he was an ambidextrous master of every style of every weapon, can switch between them on a whim, and essentially implies that you can't beat him. ANY Jedi duelist?

What about Luke? :/

SunRazer
It's referring to Canon.

DarthAnt66
NJO army-buster Luke isn't Canon. erm

Kurk
Savage Opress has no technical skill whatsoever but how does he defeat jedi masters? With his amazing strength augmentation due to his force powers.

MythLord
The Dooku wankery in this is disgusting. Anyways, Dooku takes sabers, loses Force probably, and all-out is either way.

McP
Dooku, moderate diff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.