Star Wars: Ahsoka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/07/p39-part5-ahsoka-book.jpg

|King Joker|
From what I've heard of E.K. Johnson is that she's very character-focused and paces well (sometimes even slowly, apparently) and she's very detail oriented. I think someone like Ahsoka needs an author who won't rush, and will flesh out the complexities of her psyche and emotions. I haven't read any of Johnson's books obviously, but from what I hear she's pretty legit. Can't wait!

AncientPower
Is this pre or post Rebels Ahsoka?

|King Joker|
I believe it takes place right after Order 66.

Are you excited for it, AP? smile

AncientPower
I'm interested in seeing Tano become four dimensional, be pleased by the choice of author.

FreshestSlice
Post-Rebels Ahsoka? Lel@the idea

Also, hopefully this won't be a continuation of what Canon has produced so far.

DarthDuelist9
We'll see the Siege of Mandalore probably.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Also, hopefully this won't be a continuation of what Canon has produced so far. thumb up

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
We'll see the Siege of Mandalore probably. Nope, because the novel takes place after it. We'll get references, though.

Kurk
It's about damn time

|King Joker|
Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka) is voicing the audiobook for this novel, so I'm extremely excited about that.

Fated Xtasy
That makes so moist ngl

|King Joker|
I was just reading some reviews on a few of E.K. Johnston's books and now I'm kind of... nervous.

Fated Xtasy
Why...?

|King Joker|
Some point out dangling threads throughout a couple of her books and a common theme is very slow pacing.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Some point out dangling threads throughout a couple of her books and a common theme is very slow pacing.

:mmm: someone should buy one her random books and read it so we can get a taste

|King Joker|
Yeah

carthage
Will probably pick this up along with Lost Stars and the Leia novel. Haven't read a canon book since Tarkin like a year ago

|King Joker|
I've only read Tarkin and Dark Dicsiple in full, and read like 1/4 of A New Dawn. The next canon book on my list is the Leia novel, which is one of the few that seem to be actually good.

Fated Xtasy
Lost Stars won't be your style Carth. Id suggest getting Ahsoka, Bloodlines and something else

MS Warehouse
Oh goodie, more bathroom reading.

chingchangwalla
YESSSS. Dying for this.

Kurk
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
That makes so moist ngl
That's my line you *****

UCanShootMyNova
The cover is ugly af.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
It's about damn time No apprentice of mine would look forward to this shitty character.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
No apprentice of mine would look forward to this shitty character.
I guess you've figured that out finally. What's so shitty about Ahsoka?

quanchi112
I guess you've figured that out finally. What's so shitty about Ahsoka? She is weak, quit the order, cried a lot, passed out when she sensed Anakin as Lord Vader, and the most notable offense of all

Is a

Woman.

Kurk
She is weak, quit the order, cried a lot, passed out when she sensed Anakin as Lord Vader, and the most notable offense of all

Is a

Woman.
You clearly don't value character development.

quanchi112
You clearly don't value character development. It is all subjective you clown. Maybe you identify with a woman fainting at some jerkoff stuck living in a suit but I don't. I'm the guy who scared the **** out of the galaxy not the woman who faints at the thought of danger.

chingchangwalla
^ No. You're the one that loses to padawans, blind ones.

quanchi112
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
^ No. You're the one that loses to padawans blind ones. He is fine. By himself he is a force to be feared throughout the Galaxy. You're the guy I blinded. Idiot. Vader is the guy facially ****ed by his former female student.

chingchangwalla
^ love the sexism too. 'Female' like this makes a difference?

quanchi112
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
^ love the sexism too. 'Female' like this makes a difference? Males are undoubtedly superior in the Star Wars universe thus far and this is even worse. Anakin not only has a higher recorded Midichlorian count but he also taught her so he also has pertinent information about Tano and her training styles/skill level. He still failed to injure her in a duel. Shameful.

chingchangwalla
I bet Abeloth disagrees stick out tongue

MS Warehouse
Ahsoka is a slightly better character than Kylo Ren.. Meaning still shitty, but not the worst.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Ahsoka is a slightly better character than Kylo Ren.. Meaning still shitty, but not the worst. laughing out loud

You would like her better than the great Kylo Ren.

laughing out loud

MS Warehouse
laughing out loud

You would like her better than the great Kylo Ren.

laughing out loud

Everybody is better than that emo queer. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Everybody is better than that emo queer. laughing out loud Not at all. You'll try to change your tune come episode eight but I won't let you.

MS Warehouse
Not at all. You'll try to change your tune come episode eight but I won't let you.

And when Ren looks weaker and more bitchy in Episode VIII, I expect you'll disappear for good.

quanchi112
And when Ren looks weaker and more bitchy in Episode VIII, I expect you'll disappear for good. So you don't understand character development at all. You have a rude awakening coming your way in 2018.

Kurk
Clone Wars Ahsoka is an idiot yes.

ares834
Spoilers are out for this now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscanon/comments/55uaqh/spoilers_just_finished_my_ahsoka_novel_heres_a/

And surprising no one, Maul fails yet again.

Beniboybling
Stay away from ma.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Stay away from ma.
???

UCanShootMyNova
It doesn't go into detail on what happens with Maul.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
???

He doesn't want spoilers.

NewGuy01
Uh, is Ahsoka a Jedi again? Lol?

UCanShootMyNova
Don't read Beanie.

Yeah, it doesn't really go into details on why she was just randomly on Mandalore and why Anakin would give a non Jedi control of the situation.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, it doesn't really go into details on why she was just randomly on Mandalore and why Anakin would give a non Jedi control of the situation.

Because Filoni's tongue is stuck in her c-unt, that's why.

Solar Power
Yea, I thought Ahsoka's departure from the Jedi Temple was supposed to be the last time she saw Anakin...

UCanShootMyNova
Kind of makes that scene in Rebels Season 2 less dramatic.

DarthAnt66
He doesn't want spoilers.
I spent him a PM with bolded and size 6 spoilers, so he's not in the dark anymore.

UCanShootMyNova
:mmmm:

Beniboybling
I deleted it once I saw his name lol. But I know the spoiler now.

As for the questions, the events of this arc are explained in Ahsoka Untold Tales.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbMxXlpoaDk&t=28m3s

DarthAnt66
I deleted it once I saw his name lol.
That's a bunch of steaming bullshit. laughing out loud

chingchangwalla
So what that really means is Ahsoka knew she couldn't defeat Maul in combat so trickery came into play. Typical

Beniboybling
That's a bunch of steaming bullshit. laughing out loud Dry those tears, I know it must hurt to think I have such a low opinion of you.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmfao. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Dry those tears, I know it must hurt to think I have such a low opinion of you.
It said you opened the PM, liar. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Then your name and avatar came up and I deleted it lol.

DarthAnt66
Then you wouldn't have deleted it until you at least read most of what I sent you. laughing out loud

Fated Xtasy
I did that all the time with you lol

Beniboybling
Ant, as adorable it is that you actually sent me this PM, and are now desperately trying to validate yourself for doing so, I must confess to say that I did not. Because your intentions were fcuking obvious. smile

DarthAnt66
You already changed your pathetic story. At first you didn't open the message. Now you did but then deleted it?

It's as inconsistent as Clinton's email message story, and frankly just as embarrassing as you supporting genocide.

Beniboybling
Christ this started off funny and now I'm just cringing.

UCanShootMyNova
I believe you sent the message Ant. smile

DarthAnt66
I believe you sent the message Ant. smile
... what?

DarthAnt66
Christ this started off funny and now I'm just cringing.
Same. thumb up

ares834
On a different note I like the Kyber crystal stuff. It really shows that lightsabers aren't merely laser swords but actual mystical weapons. Plus it explains the lighsaber "choosing" Rey in TFA.

UCanShootMyNova
The Force was hinted at being mystical with the biological aspect of midichlorians being what allows you to connect with and use that mystical energy source in the Book of the Sith. Glad to see that stance being supported further in canon.

ares834
The Force has always been mystical. Midichlorians have never changed that. But making the sabers mystical is fairly new. Other stories have kind of toyed with the concept, but generally they were always just tools.

UCanShootMyNova
I think it's a cool addition.

Beniboybling
How cool on a scale of 1 - 10.

UCanShootMyNova

Beniboybling
uhuh

UCanShootMyNova
smile

Solar Power
The added spoilers help clarify a few things. I just hope the description of the Maul/Ahsoka isn't terrible, since Ahsoka even nearing the end of the clone wars is still below grievous, albeit not by too much.

|King Joker|
Seems interesting. I'm assuming Ahsoka is going to fight the Sixth Brother at some point?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Solar Power
The added spoilers help clarify a few things. I just hope the description of the Maul/Ahsoka isn't terrible, since Ahsoka even nearing the end of the clone wars is still below grievous, albeit not by too much.

She's pretty probably improved by post S6. Think the novel is based on a planned S8 and series finale

Beniboybling
Her fight with Maul takes place concurrently with the beginning of RotS.

Darth Thor
Right, so it's basically ROTS Ahsoka. Obviously superior to TCW Ahsoka.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Right, so it's basically ROTS Ahsoka. Obviously superior to TCW Ahsoka. thumb up

Emperordmb
Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with Rebels Ahsoka>Dooku if that were the case... but c'mon, a slightly post TCW Ahsoka contending with Maul just hurts to think about.

Zenwolf
So from what I'm getting, this novel is just average? Or underwhelming? Or..what? I'm not really getting a clear indication from comments.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with Rebels Ahsoka>Dooku if that were the case... but c'mon, a slightly post TCW Ahsoka contending with Maul just hurts to think about. All we know is that he attacked her, nowhere is it stated they contended.

@Zenwolf, the novel isn't out yet so I don't think anyone here has read it. I assume these spoilers have been posted by those with advance copies.

Zenwolf
Oh ok.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb
but c'mon, a slightly post TCW Ahsoka contending with Maul just hurts to think about.

Dunno she actually was contending with Grievous in S5. And she was growing more powerful every season.

Plus it's Filoni's pet we're talking about here. So I'm just glad Maul didn't run from her!

Beniboybling
Speaking of running away, this puts into new contexts his comment in Rebels, no wonder she laughs him off. smile

|King Joker|
I hope the sequence of Ahsoka luring Maul into a trap is written well and doesn't make Maul look completely retarded.

cs_zoltan
You might as well hope for world peace. That has a higher chance.

|King Joker|
probably yeah

|King Joker|
COMES OUT TUESDAY. GET PUMPED.

Darth Thor
COMES OUT TUESDAY. GET PUMPED.

How fast will you wank over read it?

Beniboybling
COMES OUT TUESDAY. GET PUMPED. yes yes yes

|King Joker|
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cs_zoltan
So this means no more Assoka ever? Right?

Beniboybling
Filoni says she might return to Rebels. smile

Darth Thor
Damn it I ordered this for next day delivery yesterday but they were out of stock, so don't know when I'm receiving it.

Beniboybling
Same lol, except I preordered a month ago. uhuh

Darth Thor
^ Also not available for digital download, which is always my preference.

|King Joker|

|King Joker|
SPOILER TAG THE SPOILERS PLEASE

Beniboybling
Joker bought the last one. i know it.

|King Joker|
I'm getting mine at Barnes and Noble today tbh

Darth Thor
SPOILER TAG THE SPOILERS PLEASE

Yeah well no one did that with the Rebels episode last week and everyone here spoiled the "he lives" part for me. And I only saw it the next day! It's like at least use spoilers for one frigging day!

I'm getting mine at Barnes and Noble today tbh

That's probably the best way tbh. If I don't get delivery confirmation by the end of the day I'll just cancel my order and go to the shop tomorrow.

|King Joker|
Ppl can be evil yeah

|King Joker|
I'm just so glad I don't have school today because of the hurricane lol

Ziggystardust
Looking forward to more Darth Maul slapstick humour in detail.

|King Joker|

Beniboybling
smile

Darth Thor
I wonder if it's a must read for every Maul fan

Beniboybling
lol

MythLord
God, I hope Maul gets butchered.

Like a drunk pirate shoots him in the leg and... oh wait. Also, I hope Ahsoka gets some hype and decent character portrails so I can continue my recent liking of her. thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by MythLord
God, I hope Maul gets butchered.

The growing Maul hate here sickens me.

quanchi112
Damn it I ordered this for next day delivery yesterday but they were out of stock, so don't know when I'm receiving it. Idiot.

|King Joker|
continue my recent liking of her. thumb up https://media.giphy.com/media/bmi8OpNYdwc7e/giphy.gif

quanchi112
http://i.stack.imgur.com/IFJJB.png

Without fighting any Jedi or Sith in the meantime. It's so easy to make some of you look hypocritical.

Beniboybling
What the **** are you are on about Quan?

quanchi112
What the **** are you are on about Quan? Anakin, Palpatine, and Kenobi were caught off guard by Ray shields without even being in the midst of a fight. Double standards are really easy to point out.

Beniboybling
confused

Ziggystardust
Hurry up and read this Novel so we can get the latest dirt on Maul.

quanchi112
confused Concede to me.

|King Joker|
I GOT THE BOOK

Darth Thor
I GOT THE BOOK

Lucky you. I've not even got delivery confirmation.

quanchi112
Lucky you. I've not even got delivery confirmation. laughing out loud

Loser.

|King Joker|
That's why I go to the book store in person tbh

quanchi112
Nerds like D. Thor rarely are seen in public. He's too grotesque and has to deal with people saying things like, " is that acne real, or what the **** is that thing ?"

Beniboybling
I GOT THE BOOK Is it good. smile

Petrus
Nerds like D. Thor rarely are seen in public. He's too grotesque and has to deal with people saying things like, " is that acne real, or what the **** is that thing ?"

Rofl, how pathetic can you actually get, Quanchi? You poor soul.

ares834
Is it good. smile

It's pretty subpar.

DarthAnt66
I purchased it off Google Play and would give it a 4/10.

Beniboybling
Worse than the Revan novel?

DarthAnt66
Depends on your taste. Frankly, my main thing with Star Wars novels is good action, and the Revan novel manages to beat Ahsoka in that aspect by leaps and bounds.

The narrator makes clear she can't describe a fight. When she does, it's a broad "Ahsoka fought through the guards." Ahsoka never even duels Maul or the Inquisitor either.

ares834
Worse than the Revan novel?

laughing out loud

No. No, it's not.

Beniboybling
We're all right then. smile

|King Joker|
Depends on your taste. Frankly, my main thing with Star Wars novels is good action, and the Revan novel manages to beat Ahsoka in that aspect by leaps and bounds.

The narrator makes clear she can't describe a fight. When she does, it's a broad "Ahsoka fought through the guards." Ahsoka never even duels Maul or the Inquisitor either. Yeah, I'm already noticing her shitty action writing. But that isn't the be-all end-all for me.

|King Joker|
Thoughts on Maul vs. Ahsoka: In a way I'm glad Ahsoka and Maul didn't have a protracted duel, since I think at that point Ahsoka should be quite noticeably inferior to Maul, so at least Maul's combative skill isn't going to be frowned upon since he didn't struggle with Ahsoka. On the other hand, a well-written duel would have been really fun to read, and Maul just looked entirely incompetent leading up to his "fight" with Ahsoka. He's so easily baited. It's pathetic, Maul just doesn't ****ing learn. I legitimately do feel bad for Maul fans at this point.

Zenwolf
So from what I'm getting, this was all hype?

Darth Abonis
I loved the book!!!!!!!

|King Joker|
Just finished chapter 7. Incredibly boring so far.

I've read Ahsoka fanfiction that's more interesting, introspective, well-paced, action-packed, etc. than this. Sigh.

MythLord
Did you read the one where she's Shaak daughter and they go on the stomp Dooku together? smile

|King Joker|
Did you read the one where she's Shaak daughter and they go on the stomp Dooku together? smile Link? smile

MythLord
Like I actually have it, lmao. One of my fanfic writting friends showed me.

I just read the chapter where Shaak talks to Yoda about having s3x with a dude called Vosh Tano or something, and then she bonds with Ahsoka and they nearly kill Dooku, lmao.

|King Joker|
LMFAO. That's amazing.

MythLord
I also recall it mentioned that the Togrutas were wearing tight strappings, or something. The dude who wrote it had a bigger Togruta fettish than me.

cs_zoltan
You ain't fooling anyone Wollf, we know you wrote it.

MythLord
I would never. If I wrote that, Dooku would team up with Tano and Shaak to kill Sheev... and succeed...

Or would've subtly included the death of KMC members, hehe.

Nephthys
Like I actually have it, lmao. One of my fanfic writting friends showed me.

I just read the chapter where Shaak talks to Yoda about having s3x with a dude called Vosh Tano or something, and then she bonds with Ahsoka and they nearly kill Dooku, lmao.

Lol, thats probably actually more embarrassing for Dooku than the Maul thing tbh. How did it go down, did they actually beat him in a duel?

MythLord
I dunno, Dooku put up a fight against one of the GOAT Jedi Masters of the time and the most promising padawan... versus Maul who falls over to dogs and blind people...

And I don't actually remember. It was a boring thing to read. Now Dooku's son or Savage's brotherly love... that's a read to laugh at.

|King Joker|
Savage's brotherly love... thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up smile

Nephthys
Dooku's son

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>