Looking for a KotOR II Quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I'm looking for a quote from the Council that states all of the Jedi were corrupted in the Battle of Malachor.

If found, far pre-prime Revan telepathically dominating thousands of Jedi, albeit with an immense nexus, is reality. thumb up

Syndicate
You shouldn't have posted the second part of that. Now even if the quote does exist and somebody has it they're not going to give it to you.

Fated Xtasy
If memory serves me right its part of the cut content with Lonna vash on Dantooine?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Syndicate
You shouldn't have posted the second part of that. Now even if the quote does exist and somebody has it they're not going to give it to you. tbh.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
tbh.
evil face

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm looking for a quote from the Council that states all of the Jedi were corrupted in the Battle of Malachor.

If found, far pre-prime Revan telepathically dominating thousands of Jedi, albeit with an immense nexus, is reality. thumb up

Source confirming that there were thousands of Jedi present at Malachor?

DarthAnt66
The quote was going to be my source. mmm

There's quotes there were thousands of Republic-aligned people there, but I assume many were non-Jedi.

At worst, it's in the hundreds. At best, it's in the thousands.

NewGuy01
Thousands sounds like total BS, really.

DarthAnt66
You don't think Revan had a thousand or two Jedi under his command (assuming the total was 10,000)? erm

btw, goodnight you *** ****

Beniboybling
I assume you're referring to what Zez-Kai Ell said.

SunRazer
If you know the scene, why can't you just find it on Youtube?

Selenial
I love how Ant is willing to brutally kill the only interesting part of Revan's character just so he can wank him a tiny bit harder.

Nephthys
Trust me Ant, sacrificing the interesting part so you can wank more isn't worth it.

FreshestSlice
The quote doesn't even remotely imply that Revan is responsible, iirc. It just days there was so much death that only the Exile was able to resist it, meaning Revan also couldn't resist it. And KotOR II ruined Revan, so I'd hardly call this interesting.

AncientPower
It isn't even really implied that Revan did anything telepathically, Malachor V corrupted the Revanchists, as is stated repeatedly.

Nephthys
Yes. Ant is just desperate to find something to equal the new Kun feat. laughing

Selenial
Nah, he's been claiming this bull shit for years now.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes. Ant is just desperate to find something to equal the new Kun feat. laughing
Originally posted by Selenial
Nah, he's been claiming this bull shit for years now.
thumb up

Emperordmb
That bullshit alone places Revan above Meetra and Traya tbf

DarthAnt66
You're not really setting the bar too high there. wink

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
It isn't even really implied that Revan did anything telepathically, Malachor V corrupted the Revanchists, as is stated repeatedly.
Not necessarily. The Jedi weren't corrupted by Malachor V until Revan intervened through usage of the Force. The text noted as such.

Whether that was by moving the nexus, calling upon the nexus for telepathy, or opening their minds to the nexus via telepathy is open for debate.

Whatever the case, it's impressive regardless. thumb up

Emperordmb
Yeah this isn't like that vague Sadow's flagship thing.

Every possible interpretation of what happened makes Revan look good.

Nephthys
Whether that was by moving the nexus, calling upon the nexus for telepathy, or opening their minds to the nexus via telepathy is open for debate.

It really isn't. The quote is:

"Revan is able to draw upon the dark side energies of the planet below and use it during the battle... Simultaneously, more and more Jedi, unable to ignore the power emanating from the planet below, become corrupted by its influence."

It specifically says they were corrupted by the energies emanating from the planet, by Malachor's influence. Not Revan's telepathy.

DarthAnt66
Uh, did you read the prior sentence?

Revan's action clearly allowed that to happen. The entire battle they were fine until suddenly Revan draws upon the dark side. Once Revan did that, the Jedi were corrupted and the tide of the battle was turned. It's not like the Jedi were feeling the presence of Malachor throughout the battle and then they all snapped. The exposure and corruption happened quickly and suddenly. Which makes sense, since Revan wasn't confronted with the immense nexus until he arrived on the planet - not in orbit above it. Same applies for Kreia.

So, once again:
Take your pick. thumb up

Nephthys
Of course I did. Revan used the energy of the nexus by drawing it into the battle, not through telepathy.

No, once again, you suggesting that it could be telepathy is complete hogwash. It was the energy of the nexus coming from the planet. This is unarguably stated.

DarthAnt66
So you pick option one? Gotcha.

I love how you don't consider Revan literally moving a nexus as ridiclous, but then believe him opening the minds of the Jedi to the planet below is completely out of question.

Revan doing the latter also completely fits within the description of the text, and isn't as ridiclous as him moving Force nexus'.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

NewGuy01
Well, I mean, one is implied by the text and the other kinda isn't at all.

DarthAnt66
What the hell would moving a nexus even be? A telekinesis feat? A drain feat? erm

At least the telepathic-based interpretation has some compatibility with other sources.

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That bullshit alone places Revan above Meetra and Traya tbf

Sick bait m8, my three year old niece almost didn't see through it smile

Also if you think that alone places him above Traya you're clinically retar.... Oh. Yeh, checks out smile

Beniboybling
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

Nephthys
So you pick option one? Gotcha.

I love how you don't consider Revan literally moving a nexus as ridiclous, but then believe him opening the minds of the Jedi to the planet below is completely out of question.

Revan doing the latter also completely fits within the description of the text, and isn't as ridiclous as him moving Force nexus'.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like Newguy said, I'm not picking an option. I'm telling you that options 2 and 3 don't exist.

I mean, Thon contained the power of an entire planetary nexus. Revan just drew it into orbit. So its really not all that ridiculous......

There isn't anything remotely in there about opening their minds....... facepalm2

DarthAnt66
Thon contained the power using the Wall of Light technique, something Revan clearly isn't using here. erm

DarthAnt66
Also, if he drew the energies into space, why would the Jedi be corrupted from "the planet below" and not the area around them?

Nephthys
So because he used a technique, that makes it less impressive? You don't know if Revan was using some special darkside technique to do it, lol.

The power is coming up from the planet below, that's the source of the power. Why would they be corrupted from "the planet below" if it was Revan?

DarthAnt66
My point was it was done by a technique Revan isn't using. Your point that it's some new technique also goes to what I'm saying - we never seen something like this done before. On the other hand, telepathy is commonly used, and what Revan did isn't much different (in terms of technique) to some of the things Kun does in the NJO trilogy.

You don't see the blatant contradiction? If Revan drew the energies up into orbit, the Jedi would be corrupted there. Instead, the text notes they were corrupted specifically from the energy below (rather than around them). The notion Revan "opened their eyes" to (or made known) the nexus of Malachor via telepathy (rather than direct telepathic domination or moving a nexus), is simply the most logical explanation and is sort of consistent with the themes KotOR II gives off.

Nephthys
Who cares if we've seen it before. It's plainly apparent what the quote says happened. Making things up in support of your headcanon is silly.

No, they would be corrupted from the energies that are being pulled up from below them. Revan isn't picking up the nexus, separating it from the planet, moving it from Malachor into the space above it and then putting it back again, he's extending the nexus into the battle from the planet below. He's drawing the energies up into the fight from Malachor. They're still originating from Malachor, the source of the corruption. Your suggestion isn't the most logical in any capacity because you're just making it up out of nothing. There's no evidence that he "opened their eyes" (is that an actual quote or is that another thing you're fabricating?) via telepathy. There is no option 2 or 3.

DarthAnt66
For one, there's a clear difference between a theory and fabrication. That retarded comment aside, still, no.

You're missing the point.

The source isn't saying that the planet below is merely the source of the power that corrupted the Jedi from orbit.

It's saying their corruption is directly due to the "the power emanating from the planet below."

The fact I even have to clarify the difference is disturbing.

---

Here's another description:

Or, this one:

And this one from Bastila Shan (DS version, but it's referring to the past, so that's irrelevant):

The battle was when Revan's techniques and practices he learned on the planet would be fully unleashed.

Seduction and learning techniques about corruption from holocrons =/= "drawing the energies of a nexus up into the fight from Malachor."

Revan also used the energies of Malachor V against the Mandos. Making the nexus present in orbit would have little-to-no effect on non-Force sensitives.

It's not like Malachor V is a wound in the Force yet, nor is he bringing the gravity anomalies up.

But telepathy? Fits the bill. thumb up

---

However, I'm fully aware you'll not be convinced, regardless of what I say.

Whether it's due to the fact you blatantly can't apply critical thinking to quotes (you think Kun TP raped a world), or you're just ignorant, I can't say.

So, I'll leave it at that. If anyone has a quote concerning my original question, let me know. Thanks. thumb up

DarthAnt66
edited ^

Nephthys
I know. A theory implies evidence and some semblance of credibility, a fabrication is where you just make something up baselessly.

Oh my god. Do you just not understand what the word "emanating" means? Let me give you a crash course:

emanate
ˈɛməneɪt/
verb
gerund or present participle: emanating

(of a feeling, quality, or sensation) issue or spread out from (a source).
"warmth emanated from the fireplace"
synonyms: emerge, flow, pour, proceed, issue, ensue, come out, come forth, spread out, come; More
be uttered, be emitted, be transmitted;
arise, originate, stem, derive, spring, start
"policy statements which emanate from government departments"
originate from; be produced by.
"the proposals emanated from a committee"
give out or emit (a feeling, quality, or sensation).
"he emanated a powerful brooding air"
synonyms: exude, give off, give out, send out, send forth, pour out, throw out, spread, discharge, disgorge, emit, exhale, radiate; literarydistil
"the delicious aura of perfume which the women emanated"

Revan was drawing the energy up from Malachor, meaning the energy was emerging, flowing, pouring, proceeding, issuing, ensuing, coming out from, coming forth from, spreading out from, coming from, originating, exuding, radiating, stemming, springing and deriving from Malachor. All Revan was doing was extending the nexus upwards, you glorious tool.

I really hope you're able to understand this, for your own sake.

And non-force sensitives are affected by powerful darkside nexuses, lol. Good jorb. thumb up

Fated Xtasy

Also if you think that alone places him above Traya you're clinically retar.... Oh. Yeh, checks out smile
Originally posted by Beniboybling
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

http://i.imgur.com/8SGGx.gif

Emperordmb
Wow that was transparent.

I saw Fated had posted last in this thread where someone had insulted me and had no doubt in my mind that he'd be encouraging congratulating the person who did so.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

The characters you like are shite. smile

Petrus
Ur shite Skillz. smile smile

Syndicate
Originally posted by Petrus
Ur shite Skillz. smile smile

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ur all shite smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Syndicate
http://my-familia.com/mf_turd.jpg

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Wow that was transparent.

I saw Fated had posted last in this thread where someone had insulted me and had no doubt in my mind that he'd be encouraging congratulating the person who did so.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0b8ab34558c688f1d5cc1d5cb86a2947/tumblr_n2su9ejBwU1tq9wvko1_500.gif

Selenial
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The characters you like are shite. smile

ur just mad i won't give you my snapchat you cheeky ****

FreshestSlice
Both sides in this thread are fugging retarded, but Ant most of all given he's here for the most shallow of wanking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.