Anakin in TCW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Does anyone feel like he was much more mature and upstanding?

He just seemed like a complete opposite in TCW then he was in AOTC or ROTS.

Syndicate
That's my favorite version of Anakin.

Darth Abonis
Of course, because that Anakin was designed after 2005 (Revenge of the Sith) and the creators didn't bother to have the show's feel fully mesh with the movies. For example in the beginning of Revenge of the Sith, Dooku and Anakin act like they haven't seen each other since Geonosis, yet in the show they duel 5 times in between AOTC and ROTS.

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
For example in the beginning of Revenge of the Sith, Dooku and Anakin act like they haven't seen each other since Geonosis, yet in the show they duel 5 times in between AOTC and ROTS.

This is never actually said in the films though.

Anyway, yes Anakin in TCW is a very different character than we see in AotC and most of RotS. He is far more heroic and likable. It's a change I'm all for as it makes his fall all the more tragic and doesn't reduce one of cinema's greatest villains to being a whiny little ***** as a kid.

chingchangwalla
They did a great job in TCW with Anakin. What should've been like in the movies, although he was at times a bit incompetent with the blade

Jmanghan
Oh, yeah. I like him a lot more.

Its just Anakin in AOTC and ROTS is a whiny *****.

While Anakin in TCW is a likable Jedi General.

quanchi112
Anakin was much more like able until the prequels. Despite Rots being my favorite Star Wars movie this film even shows a real emotionally fragile to the point of pull yourself together Vader type reaction from die hard Star Wars fans such as myself.

Darth Thor
I think Anakin in the opening of ROTS can mesh well with TCW Anakin. After that he went down the dark and whiny root again which we didn't really see since he was a frustrated Padawan in AOTC.

So He clearly matured since his marriage to Padme and getting his Knighthood, but lost it all again in ROTS:

quanchi112
DT doesn't get what pushed Anakin over the edge. laughing out loud

Kurk
Originally posted by Syndicate

NTJack0
TCW Anakin is great, although I don't find Prequels Anakin nearly as bad as 95% of the fanbase complains about.

carthage
He was just there in TCW not really doing anything. I guess he wasn't bad but he didn't leave any impact on me. The only characterization I've ever enjoyed of him was the ROTS Novelization and glimpses of his mind through Vader. He's supposed to be a great tragic character, but I've always respected the attempts at him when he's being portrayed from his thoughts and through Vader rather than TCW or the prequels

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
He was just there in TCW not really doing anything. I guess he wasn't bad but he didn't leave any impact on me. The only characterization I've ever enjoyed of him was the ROTS Novelization and glimpses of his mind through Vader. He's supposed to be a great tragic character, but I've always respected the attempts at him when he's being portrayed from his thoughts and through Vader rather than TCW or the prequels

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
This is never actually said in the films though.

Anyway, yes Anakin in TCW is a very different character than we see in AotC and most of RotS. He is far more heroic and likable. It's a change I'm all for as it makes his fall all the more tragic and doesn't reduce one of cinema's greatest villains to being a whiny little ***** as a kid. thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Syndicate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.