Most Overrated/Underrated Characters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Characters that are either underrated/overrated combatants or are underrated/overrated as characters.

Syndicate
We've done this already.

Syndicate
Ventress imo.

cs_zoltan
Yeah that ***** is hella overrated.

Syndicate
Not at all.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Syndicate
Not at all.

Overrated?

chingchangwalla
1. Darth Vader - Some people underestimate him so much it's gross. Amazing feats, very experienced and a shit ton of Jedi kills.

2. Qui-Gon Jinn - Criminally underrated. Jinn was regarded as one of the best swordsmen EVER produced by the Order and Dooku claimed Qui-Gon was the best student he'd ever had.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Feats only matched by tier 1 duelists, Obi-Wan is very freakin underrated. Killing General Grievous, cutting Darth Maul in half as a Padawan, defeated an enraged ROTS Anakin, constantly stalemating Ventress, defeating A'Sharad Hett and regularly contending/not getting stomped too hard with Count Dooku. Best master of Soresu ever with the exception of Trebor :/

4. Asajj Ventress - With over a dozen Jedi kills to her name she's more than capable and stalemating/sometimes defeating Obi-Wan and Anakin together, at least hung around against Mace Windu, contended with Dooku, contended with Maul and Opress.

She's in my underrated :/

Emperordmb
STALEMATED MACE WINDU?!! WHAT?!

chingchangwalla
Yeah hung around haha stick out tongue

Darth Abonis
Yeah Vader is underrated. New canon seems to have fixed that. He tanks in the comics

chingchangwalla
I'd prolly throw Kit Fisto and count Dooku in that list as well

MythLord
Vader is so underrated, he's actually overrated. thumb up

Kurk
Overrated:
Kenobi
DD Ventress

Underrated:
Most non force sensitives

chingchangwalla
Overrated:
1. Nihilus - Dont get me started
2. Sidious (To an extent) - Not the great swordsman he's made out to be
3. Mace (To an extent) - Everyone thinks because he beat Sidious, he can beat anyone
4. Galen Marek/Revan/Maul - All the worst fanboys, Revan is cool but is wanked too hard, Marek is inconsistent and exaggerated, and Maul isn't better than Vader fanboy scum.
5. Exar Kun (To an extent) He's ludicrously powerful and talented but he is never beating Sidious or Yoda for a majority.

Zenwolf
Anyone that isn't a Force User are underrated. Except for like...4.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Anyone that isn't a Force User are underrated. Except for like...4. true dat

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yeah Vader is underrated. New canon seems to have fixed that. He tanks in the comics

Vader's always been a tank, even in Legends.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
true dat

It miiight actually be 3, cause mostly I haven't seen Durge used much to really tell if he's overrated or not.

Syndicate
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Overrated:
1. Nihilus - Dont get me started
2. Sidious (To an extent) - Not the great swordsman he's made out to be
3. Mace (To an extent) - Everyone thinks because he beat Sidious, he can beat anyone
4. Galen Marek/Revan/Maul - All the worst fanboys, Revan is cool but is wanked too hard, Marek is inconsistent and exaggerated, and Maul isn't better than Vader fanboy scum.
5. Exar Kun (To an extent) He's ludicrously powerful and talented but he is never beating Sidious or Yoda for a majority.

Inconsistent?

carthage
Dooku is consistently underrated, Ventress, Darth Malak, Darth Nihl, and Kylo on Comicvine

The Outlander Nihilus, Exar Kun (to an extent), Darth Bane, and the Exile are all overrated

Kurk
Originally posted by carthage
Dooku is consistently underrated, Ventress, Darth Malak, Darth Nihl, and Kylo on Comicvine

The Outlander Nihilus, Exar Kun (to an extent), Darth Bane, and the Exile are all overrated
I feel that only more recently Dooku has been underrated; he's a bit inconsistent on KMC more or less.

SunRazer
The Exile's been ranked so low from the vast majority that even if the consensus was correct, there's no way she (or just about any KotOR II character, really) can be called overrated.

Ventress might be the most underrated. I'm starting to think Malak needs a boost in perceptions as well.

|King Joker|
Underrated: Asajj Ventress, Luminara Unduli

Overrated: Shaak Ti

chingchangwalla
Oh shit you're right actually. Shaak Ti is shit lmao

chingchangwalla
Might I ask why you like Luminara so much Joker?

Kurk
Might I ask why you like Luminara so much Joker?
Because she's kind, honest, disciplined, and noble.

Darth Thor
I feel that only more recently Dooku has been underrated; he's a bit inconsistent on KMC more or less.

I think Dooku's place is pretty solid tbh. Above Maul and Kenobi. But below Mace and Vader.

But you're right, some will underrate him saying Kenobi is his equal, and Maul is better than him, whilst others will overrate him placing him above Mace and Vader.

People think TCW crapped over him, but compare him to likes Maul, and you'll see TCW was pretty damn kind to the Count IMO.

Nephthys
Overrated: Galen Marek, Kyp Durron.

chingchangwalla
Because she's kind, honest, disciplined, and noble.

A lot of characters fit that description tbh. And they're all better fighters

Kurk
A lot of characters fit that description tbh. And they're all better fighters
not really, most of TCW of jedi are flawed in some way or another. Luminara is one of the few pure innocents I can think of along with Ahsoka, Yoda, Kenobi, Shaak Ti, and maybe Mundi.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think Dooku's place is pretty solid tbh. Above Maul and Kenobi. But below Mace and Vader.

But you're right, some will underrate him saying Kenobi is his equal, and Maul is better than him, whilst others will overrate him placing him above Mace and Vader.

People think TCW crapped over him, but compare him to likes Maul, and you'll see TCW was pretty damn kind to the Count IMO.
I like how he was portrayed as a character in TCW pretty well actually.
I place him below Vader and on par with Mace. I don't believe his fight with Sidious would transfer to Dooku simply because of his fighting style not being as effective, but let's not open that door now, shall we?

chingchangwalla
not really, most of TCW of jedi are flawed in some way or another. Luminara is one of the few pure innocents I can think of along with Ahsoka, Yoda, Kenobi, Shaak Ti, and maybe Mundi.

Exactly... That's a lot.

Ziggystardust
Overrated : Sheev

Underrated : Literally anyone that isn't Sheev

Ursumeles
All Bane trilogy Characters are underrated, tbh.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Ursumeles

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles

DarthDuelist9
Underrated: Kylo, perhaps Maul

Overrated: most of the ancient Sith

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys

laughing out loud

Kurk
Anyone who isn't a force sensitive is basically ignored on these forums which takes away from the feel of Star Wars...

Underrated: Ren (status improving thanks to Quanchi), Maul for same reason. Every TCW jedi minus Anakin, Mace, Kenobi, and Yoda. Darth Bane thanks to carthage.

Overrated: Yoda, Sheev, sometimes Windu, seldom Dooku, Vader

MythLord
Maul... underrated? Only by a very select few, tbh.

OT:

Underrated: Shaak Ti(no, people still legitimately believe a single MG can stalemate her... that's underrated), Celeste Morne, Yaddle, pretty much any obscure character who cannot win purely based on that fact alone.

Overrated: TOR... Just TOR in general.

TheKnight
Originally posted by carthage
laughing out loud

You don't like Bane era characters much, do you? laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.