Blair Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Direct sequel to the first movie

P2paQIv4hiw

quanchi112
Read this on screen rant. Hopefully this one delivers. I really liked the first one years ago.

BruceSkywalker
prolly will past until I se reviews

Patient_Leech
Wasn't there already a sequel that ditched the whole found-footage style?

Yeah, here it is... I never saw it, though...

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

Arachnid1
I've seen that one ^^^^

Pretty horrible.

I hope this one delivers. The first had a huge impact on horror movies. I hope this one does similar.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Wasn't there already a sequel that ditched the whole found-footage style?

Yeah, here it is... I never saw it, though...

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

I was gonna say, there was already a sequel

Surtur
I have the original movie on VHS still.

steverules_2
Good film...then they made a sequel

rox
This one was ok for what it was.

dynamix
saw it last night. it was good. If u like the original, u will probably like this because its pretty much the same movie. Aside from a number of illogical jump scares, i was enjoying this movie. 3.5/5

rox
Originally posted by dynamix
saw it last night. it was good. If u like the original, u will probably like this because its pretty much the same movie. Aside from a number of illogical jump scares, i was enjoying this movie. 3.5/5

well we actually see and understand the blair witch now

Quincy
Anyone have a picture of the witch?

jaden101
Originally posted by Quincy
Anyone have a picture of the witch?

http://culturalmarxism.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/witch-hillary.jpg

quanchi112
Saw it. Decent horror flick.

carthage
Checking it out tomorrow or Wednesday

Dr Will Hatch
Heard it's just a rehash of the original. No thanks.

I LOVE the original though. It's a legitimate horror classic.

Robtard
Read the same, it's a modern take on the original but ultimately fails to deliver where the original did.

"Six main characters that are mostly horror-movie cliches and never fleshed out beyond their function within the plot." Sounds mediocre; some people love that in films, I want more. Passing on this one.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Heard it's just a rehash of the original. No thanks.

I LOVE the original though. It's a legitimate horror classic. It isn't very original and does harken back to the original but it's horror. I love the genre. I'm always willing to watch these films. I'm not a tightwad like other tards on here.

Surtur
I remember the original and when you had people actually believing it was real and then..the actors began showing up on talk shows and shit lol.

I have a cottage in Indiana near a woodsy area that looks a LOT like the woods in the movie. Though I guess a lot of woods look like that, but it freaked me out as a kid.

carthage
So my feelings on this are mixed as there was some good stuff, though the first half of the film dragged. I didn't care for any of the characters, they were irritating and even that romance between Heather's brother and the lady didn't mean much. That black guy was an unlikable **** and they only existed ultimately to die in the end anyway, so there wasn't much character development. The jump scares are irritating and happen sometimes multiple times prior to the final decent 25 minutes. They don't serve any purpose other than to fill in the blanks until something happens, and the audio during the night time pales in comparison to the original. Making something loud doesn't enhance the horror factor, in fact its so ridiculous it sounds like an Avengers crashing sound when the Blair entity collapses a tree. The charm of the original is how low and ominous it is, like when you hear the low cackling of the witch as she approaches the camp, the clapping of the stones, and the rustling of bushes as something is in the distance in the original film. The audio was overloud and overall just irritating.

There are some positives here mainly I unlike many seemed to like the ear cams. Given that there was a larger party we got to see the witch attack and kill multiple people, and the constant scene/perspective shifts in the film were cool. Like when the black guy goes to get wood and gets attacked, and it jumps to James and his love interest, and the terror the group experiences when a member goes missing. The drone scenes were interesting and highlight how far technology has come since the original. The absolute best part of the film was the last 25 minutes, when it becomes apparent how much the witch has been screwing with them with the time gaps, spells of illusions, and they go into the house. The lighting, setting, and scenes were well done and carry the film on what had been a largely forgettable first/mid half.

Overall, its not as bad as the critics are saying but the first half really brings the film down. I loved the scenes with the Witch, when they all finally died, and the scene with the house was honestly better than the original. But it lacks in the subtle terror of the original, and the buildup that made the original so much more enjoyable is only partially present.

5/6-10

Zack M
Is it worth the price of admissions? If so, I'll watch it in October, if it's still in the theaters.

nancygomez
Which was the first movie? is it Witch released in 2016 or 2015?

Galan007
Originally posted by Quincy
Anyone have a picture of the witch? According to Simon Barrett(the writer of the film), the Witch itself does not appear onscreen:

http://i.imgur.com/FBSyfJO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1Szz3mP.jpg

Dr Will Hatch
Showing the witch would completely ruin things. Good on him and the filmmakers for not showing her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.