How do we know Jesus performed miracles ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
You know making the dead live again, making someone see, walk, etc, etc....

Are his miracles fact or how do we know he made these things happen?

NewGuy01
http://www.musicnotes.com/images/productimages/large/mtd/MN0050103.gif

riv6672
I dont know, but, i'm very open minded.

Surtur
Not even all scriptures portrayed Jesus as magic or the son of God. What ended up in the bible was all cherry picked.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Surtur
Not even all scriptures portrayed Jesus as magic or the son of God. What ended up in the bible was all cherry picked. I don't like cherries.

riv6672
Not even all scriptures portrayed Jesus as magic or the son of God. What ended up in the bible was all cherry picked.
Yeah, it was heavily edited. Like all "bibles".
I take them wigh a grain of salt.
You have to cross reference with other sources of information, not consider these books THE sources of information.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't like cherries.

Not even popping them sons of bitches?!

socool8520
Not even popping them sons of bitches?!

Nope, experience is much more fun

Surtur
Well yeah dude and if the cherry has just been popped it means you need to help her get that tons of experience that will make her fun. You are doing your civic duty.

Lord Lucien
Not even popping them sons of bitches?! No. Then you gotta go rooting around to find the seed.

nfactor1995
What do people have to gain by spreading false testimonies of miracles? Like, it's not like Christianity is looked at all that favorably in today's world (or even back in Biblical days), in fact it often lead/leads to persecution and in some cases death, estrangement from loved ones, exile etc.

Surtur
Originally posted by nfactor1995
What do people have to gain by spreading false testimonies of miracles? Like, it's not like Christianity is looked at all that favorably in today's world (or even back in Biblical days), in fact it often lead/leads to persecution and in some cases death, estrangement from loved ones, exile etc.

What they have to gain is attention. Perhaps in the past it could lead to persecution, but that's not necessarily the case these days.

Also some people might not necessarily be attention seekers, but they are pathological liars and just can't help themselves. Those people tend to find themselves having to spin bigger and bigger lies as time goes on.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Facee

Well, raising the dead is a big thing. So why didn't anybody, other then the bible, record this event? Don't you think the Romans would have made a big deal over this? But they didn't record any of these events.

I think they didn't record the miracles, because they didn't happen. They were added to the story of Jesus hundreds of years later.

juggerman
I guess there no real way to KNOW but if the disciples were being killed in horrible ways you'd think that they would come clean about it being fake

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by juggerman
I guess there no real way to KNOW but if the disciples were being killed in horrible ways you'd think that they would come clean about it being fake

That's true, unless the miracles where added later.

juggerman
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That's true, unless the miracles where added later.

Sure anything is possible. Is there any evidence they were?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by juggerman
Sure anything is possible. Is there any evidence they were?

It is the lack of evidence for the miracles of Jesus that is the most telling.

Also the parallels between Jesus and Mithra, is very interesting.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is the lack of evidence for the miracles of Jesus that is the most telling.

Also the parallels between Jesus and Mithra, is very interesting.

Yup. Along with Dionysus, Horus, Attis, Krishna, etc. Born of a virgin on Dec. 25th, "Son" of god, resurrected, etc. Jesus is not unique...

AjHk9nKUNNs?t=13m35s

Surtur
We have as much evidence for Jesus performing miracles as we do for Superman performing them. Which is: none.

Both are fictional. Jesus may have been based on a real person, but the Jesus in the bible is pure fiction. Just like his daddy is.

siriuswriter
We don't have any proof. That's why it's called "faith."

TethAdamTheRock
Faith

Adam_PoE
Faith is why one believes Jesus performed miracles. It is not how one knows anything, because faith does not lead to knowledge.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Faith is why one believes Jesus performed miracles. It is not how one knows anything, because faith does not lead to knowledge. I had faith on the way to school, that got me knowledge

Surtur
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
I had faith on the way to school, that got me knowledge

Lol, what does this even mean?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
I had faith on the way to school, that got me knowledge Not knowledge of making sense, apparently. Cuz this sentence is a nonsense sentence.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Faith is why one believes Jesus performed miracles. It is not how one knows anything, because faith does not lead to knowledge.

I agree. But it does lead to belief - which is SUPPOSED to be the underlying staple of religion.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Not knowledge of making sense, apparently. Cuz this sentence is a nonsense sentence.

laughing out loud

JesusLovesYou
Originally posted by Facee

Just go to YouTube and type in Todd White healing, Daniel Kolenda blind eyes healed, and Guillermo Maldonado the dead raised.

Bashar Teg
he's baaaaaaaaaaack

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
Just go to YouTube and type in Todd White healing, Daniel Kolenda blind eyes healed, and Guillermo Maldonado the dead raised.

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

JesusLovesYou
You ASSUME that God hasn't ALREADY healed amputees.

VRcxcv7TWBc

z5I2sw7OOi8

Adam_PoE
http://servingcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/whitney_receipts_serving_cinema.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.