Revenge of the Sith improvements?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go

I think the film would have been better if they cut out some of the Utapu story and instead put in the scenes above.

In particular, the scenes with Palpatine and Skywalker should have been in it.

chingchangwalla
Maybe if Hayden Christensen wasn't acting

Darth Thor
Hayden did fine in ROTS IMO. A massive improvement from his performance in AOTC.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hayden did fine in ROTS IMO. A massive improvement from his performance in AOTC. Not according to the guys at Honest Trailers.

Ziggystardust
The prequels were a mess and a bane on the franchise.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ziggystardust

Saber fights were better though.

Unless you aren't into fast-paced over-the-top combat, which is what I live for, personally.

Beniboybling
Those scenes are pretty shit lol, I'm glad they never made it into the movie. As for that second to last one, tell me that's fan made.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Not according to the guys at Honest Trailers.

Who cares

Nah they were Awesome

quanchi112
The prequels were a mess and a bane on the franchise. Rots is still the best Star Wars film to date.

Deronn_solo
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
laughing out loud Please don't tell me you're one of those ESB sheep.

Jmanghan
I liked ROTJ the most out of the Trilogy, because thats when Luke really started to become a bad-ass.

Oh, and Stupendous Wave has strike 1, claiming Vader was holding back against Luke in ROTJ, and that Vader would have stomped him otherwise.

Deronn_solo
One film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for it's cultural impact, and aesthetical adroitness; while the other is accused of raping childhoods, and spawned a plethora of internet memes.

Use whatever is left of that cranium of yours, and do the math. thumb up

DarthAnt66
While ESB is the better film, ROTS is definitely the more entertaining film to watch.

Beniboybling
One film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for it's cultural impact, and aesthetical adroitness; while the other is accused of raping childhoods, and spawned a plethora of internet memes.

Use whatever is left of that cranium of yours, and do the math. thumb up laughing out loud

Deronn_solo
RotS is actually my second fave Star Wars film in terms of entertainment value...but to say it's better than ESB?

Pure blasphemy.

quanchi112

Use whatever is left of that cranium of yours, and do the math. thumb up So your opinion is based off the recognition and opinion of others. I don't give a **** about what the guy next to me thinks I base my opinion on my own preferences and taste. I didn't say Rots won more awards or is more recognized either.

Rots in terms of rewatchability factor shits all over ESB.

Deronn_solo
No, not at all.

But by your logic, and judging from a purely subjective standpoint, I can say Fast 5, is better than Godfather II because I like it better, and it has more "rewatch" value. Objectively speaking, the greater film is obviously the latter.

RotS is a tight popcorn flick; ESB is a beautifully written cinematic masterpiece.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I liked ROTJ the most out of the Trilogy, because thats when Luke really started to become a bad-ass.

Oh, and Stupendous Wave has strike 1, claiming Vader was holding back against Luke in ROTJ, and that Vader would have stomped him otherwise.

He was holding back although it wouldn't have been a stomp.

Darth Thor
RotS is actually my second fave Star Wars film in terms of entertainment value...but to say it's better than ESB?

Pure blasphemy.

Blasphemy against who exactly?

I'm sure the creator of both those films (Mr. Lucas) wouldn't mind those comments.

But by your logic, and judging from a purely subjective standpoint, I can say Fast 5, is better than Godfather II because I like it better, and it has more "rewatch" value. Objectively speaking, the greater film is obviously the latter.

Well not really tbh.

I'm betting there's a lot more people claiming ROTS is the best SW film than there are people claiming the Furious franchise is superior to the Godfather franchise.

Beniboybling

Pure blasphemy. Tbh.

Darth Thor
So I wonder, is it also blasphemy to say ROTJ is better than ESB? Lol

Kurk

TheNuisanceBird
Well one things for sure, I've seen many say TFA made them appreciate the prequels more. I just had to.

Kurk
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Well one things for sure, I've seen many say TFA made them appreciate the prequels more. I just had to.
Amen

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Darth Thor Blasphemy against who exactly?

I'm sure the creator of both those films (Mr. Lucas) wouldn't mind those comments.
Blasphemy against anyone who actually knows there cinema.

RotS is a nice Star Wars film; ESB is a great piece of cinema in general, with tangible influence in the movie industry.

Simple analogy, tbh. My point - I can say any "X" film is better than any "Y" film dogmatically, if arbitrary things are the crux of my reasoning.

I try to look at things objectively when I'm separating "favorite" from "best" or "greatest".

Darth Thor
Blasphemy against anyone who actually knows there cinema.

RotS is a nice Star Wars film; ESB is a great piece of cinema in general, with tangible influence in the movie industry.

I mean sure that would be blasphemy to most people in the film industry. But then most people in the film industry are Prequel haters. And it would be blasphemy to them to even rate ROTS above TFA.

But then you have an Amazing filmmaker like James Cameron who found All 6 of Lucas's SW films to be much more visually imaginative than TFA.

So point is it's all Subjective..

Simple analogy, tbh. My point - I can say any "X" film is better than any "Y" film dogmatically, if arbitrary things are the crux of my reasoning.

I try to look at things objectively when I'm separating "favorite" from "best" or "greatest".

Okay but looking even Objectively, despite all the Prequel haters out there, those films did have a massive effect on cinema, special effects and popular culture.

So it's really not that black and white, and nothing like say comparing say Terminators 1&2 to Terminators 3&4. The latter of which did nothing for cinema or popular culture. And in fact all they did was devalue the Terminator franchise.

ILS
Should have kept Ti getting rekt

Darth Abonis
Instead of trying to "fix" the original trilogy, George should have made alterations to this movie. Fix the god awful balcony dialogue between Anakin and Padme, add a tactical droid to the Invisible Hand crew to make it more symmetrical with Clone Wars, sped up Palpatines movement so his killing of the 2 Jedi, didn't look like they were standing still to get stabbed, altered the Dooku, Anakin dialogue and maybe added a few commando droids to Utapau.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by ILS
Should have kept Ti getting rekt

Lol Yeah Shaak Ti needs a definitive death.

DarthAnt66
Many of these plots are canon anyway thanks to the RotS novel (like Jinn talking to Yoda and the Palpatine scenes).

quanchi112
No, not at all.

RotS is a tight popcorn flick; ESB is a beautifully written cinematic masterpiece. Yes, you can. Just because the popular opinion is different doesn't mean your own personal opinion doesn't matter.

ESB is overrated and it isn't even in my top three Star Wars films. Horrible light saber fight as well IMO. Rots is the best Star Wars film to me. I don't give a shit who agrees with me or not because I think for myself.

Deronn_solo
Good to know your opinions are unsubstantiated pieces of shit.

Take your shit opinions on movies somewhere else, please. Preferably a toilet so they can be flushed.

AncientPower
The Stover trilogy redeemed the prequel story.

NTJack0
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Lol Yeah Shaak Ti needs a definitive death. Some say she's still being killed to this day.

relentless1
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes, you can. Just because the popular opinion is different doesn't mean your own personal opinion doesn't matter.

ESB is overrated and it isn't even in my top three Star Wars films. Horrible light saber fight as well IMO. Rots is the best Star Wars film to me. I don't give a shit who agrees with me or not because I think for myself.

don't let these idiots bring you down bro, ROTS is my fav as well by a country mile followed by RTOJ

Darth Thor
Originally posted by AncientPower
The Stover trilogy redeemed the prequel story.

Trilogy?

Shatterpoint, ROTS and ...

AncientPower
My bad, I meant Stover and Luceno. LOE-ROTS-DL:RODV

quanchi112
Good to know your opinions are unsubstantiated pieces of shit.

Take your shit opinions on movies somewhere else, please. Preferably a toilet so they can be flushed. Good to know you don't quite grasp the difference of opinions or subjectivity in general. You're saying essentially that more celebrated art is therefore better than less celebrated art. You're a lemming and I can tell since you reference awards, etc. to justify your opinion. There's a difference between subjective and objective. I'll take my ROTS over ESB any day of the week.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
don't let these idiots bring you down bro, ROTS is my fav as well by a country mile followed by RTOJ I agree with these two as the best but rots by far the best.

Total Warrior
There was also another scene where Anakin kills Ti in the temple while several Jedi and clones fight in the background. I would have preferred if GL added that scene instead of that one where Ani ignites his lightsaber to kill those poor younglings

Deronn_solo
If you want to have your shit opinion Quanchi, have them - no one cares what an internet random says anyway. But don't be mad when I call shit, shit.

If you don't think ESB has the superior plot, impact, originality, and acting, then what more can I say?

Deronn_solo
Wait, aren't you the same person who said Terminator Genisys was superior to the first two?

Yeah, your opinions on films are shit beyond comprehension. laughing out loud

quanchi112
If you want to have your shit opinion Quanchi, have them - no one cares what an internet random says anyway. But don't be mad when I call shit, shit.

If you don't think ESB has the superior plot, impact, originality, and acting, then what more can I say? Rots is a far more enjoyable film. Period. ESB isn't even in the top thre Star Wars films for me. I don't care how many agree or disagree with me. Opinions vary. Rots is the best Star Wars film to date.

quanchi112
Wait, aren't you the same person who said Terminator Genisys was superior to the first two?

Yeah, your opinions on films are shit beyond comprehension. laughing out loud So a double post because you're so riled up. My opinion is my own and I don't care how many agree with me. You obviously do since the double post to take another shot. I think for myself you go with the flow. Lemming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.